GCET 2024: Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) is an annual entrance exam that is organized each year by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa. The examination is designed to provide admission to the eligible candidates in engineering and other offered courses. The admission will be offered based on marks scored by candidates in the CGET only. Successfully qualifying candidates of CGET will be able to acquire admission in the state government/ aided engineering colleges of the state of Goa. While the admission into the MBBS course and B. Arch course will be offered through the NEET and NATA score respectively. Candidates appearing for GCET need to fill up and submit the application form before the last date. Applicants who score and perform well in the entrance examination will be granted admission in various courses within the institutions and faculties located in the state of Goa.
Applicants ought to gather complete information about GCET 2024 from this article. The information includes GCET 2024 Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, Results, Etc.
GCET 2024 Highlights
|Name of the Entrance Test||Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET)|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education, Goa|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Category||Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Mode Of Application||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Online Mode|
GCET 2024 Important Dates
|The application form will be released on||2nd week of February 2024|
|Application Form & Issuance of admit Card||3rd week of April 2024|
|The deadline to submit the application fee||4th week of April 2024|
|Exam date||1st week of May 2024|
|Announcement of result||2nd week of May 2024|
|Application forms for admission||3rd week of May 2024|
|1st Round of Counselling begins||4th week of May 2024|
|2nd Round of Counselling begins||2nd week of July 2024|
The necessary info related to the GCET eligibility criteria 2024 is listed below for the reference of the applicants:
- Nationality: Only if the applicant is a citizen of India, then he/ she can apply for the entrance test.
- Age Limit: The age of the applier should be 17 years old on or before 31st December 2024 to be eligible for GCET 2024.
- Qualification: A pass certificate of 10+2 intermediate or its equivalent examination from any recognized board is required for admission.
- Subject: Applicants must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the obligatory subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Marks: Applying candidates should have acquired at least an aggregate of 45% marks (40% marks for the reserved category).
- Score Card: One must have obtained valid scores in the NATA 2024 examination to be eligible for admission in Architecture courses.
GCET 2024 Application Form
After confirming their eligibility, candidates can begin the procedure to fill up the application form. The steps to fill out the GCET 2024 application form are given below.
- The GCET 2024 application form will be accessible tentatively from the first week of November 2024.
- The only mode to fill up the application form is offline mode.
- Candidates first need to visit the official site of the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa, and download the application from there.
- We advise the candidates to download a good quality printout of the application form.
- Next, fill in all the required details of the application form such as the applicant’s personal details, info regarding the category of the candidates, and so on. Please note that the name of the applicant should be in capital letters.
- Fill in the contact and communicational details and the academic details too.
- In the application form, candidates should paste a recent colored passport-sized photograph on the application form.
- Moreover, also attach the required documents within the application form.
- They also need to submit the postal code and address.
- Lastly, the candidates have to submit the application form along with the demand draft of the application form fees along with all the relevant crucial documents to the DTE office.
All category candidates should necessarily make the payment of the application fee of Rs. 2000/-. Entrants need to submit the application fees through a demand draft drawn in favor of the “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji, Goa, in any Scheduled Bank.
- Exam Mode: Candidates will have to complete the entrance test paper in offline mode (pen-paper based).
- Types of Question: The question paper is going to contain only MCQ-type objective questions.
- Duration: The authorities will assign a total of 2 hours to resolve the question paper.
- The number of Questions: The question paper contains a total of 75 questions.
- Marking scheme: Every correct answer is going to receive one mark.
- Negative markings: There is no provision of negative markings on the entrance test.
Subjects: Queries from the subjects mentioned below are going to be asked within the question paper:
- Physics: 75 questions
- Chemistry: 75 questions
- Mathematics: 75 questions
- Biology: 75 questions
- English: 75 questions
GCET 2024 Results
The announcement of GCET 2024 Result will be made in the third week of May 2024. It will be released on the main website of GCET via online mode. Authorities of the examination will release a merit list for all offered courses on the premises of GCET scores only. Candidates will have to input their login credentials in order to procure the exam outcome. Based on the merit list, candidates will get shortlisted for counseling sessions and document verification. They will be asked to produce some crucial documents and certificates for the verification.