GNIHM JET (Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management Joint Entrance Test) is the national level entrance exam that is organized every year. Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management is the main authority that directs this exam annually so that admission can be provided to various hotel management courses. An All-India level Joint Entrance Test is also named the JIS entrance exam. A telephonic test is conducted in the month of May every year and the examination for pre-book admission is conducted in April. By passing this entrance test, candidates can get admission in several courses such as Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management (Hons), B.Sc, M.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration, MBA in Hospitality and Hotel Administration, etc. This page will provide you with all the necessary details of GNIHM 2023. Read thoroughly to know all about eligibility criteria, application form, admit card, exam pattern in detail here:
GNIHM JET 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||GNIHM JET ( Joint Entrance Test)|
|Conducting Authority||Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management|
|Category||Undergraduate/ Postgraduate courses|
|Frequency of Exam||Annually|
|Basis of Entrance Exam Conduction||To select candidates for various UG/ PG hotel management courses|
GNIHM JET 2023 Exam Schedule
|Online application process begins from||December 2022|
|Online registration ends on||February 2023|
|Admit card releases on||April 2023|
|Entrance exam date||May 2023|
|Result declaration||May 2023|
|Counseling||To be announced|
Candidates who are looking to apply for UG/ PG programs regarding hotel management and hospitality need to fulfill the eligibility criteria given by the Institute. The eligibility criteria for each course differ, however basic eligibility criteria are listed below:
- For BSC in Hospitality & Hotel Management: The candidate needs to successfully complete Higher Secondary Exam first.
- For MSC in Hospitality& Hotel Management: An applicant should have successfully completed graduation in any stream. The course duration will be 2 Years for the same.
- MBA in Hospitality & Hotel Management: The candidate must have successfully completed graduation in any stream. For this too, the course duration is 2 years.
- Bachelor’s in Hotel Management & Catering Technology: The candidate should have passed Higher Secondary Exam. The course duration of the course is 4 years.
- Bachelor’s in Hospitality Management: Applicant should pass Higher Secondary Exam. The course duration will be 3 Years.
- Diploma in Hotel & Hospitality Operation: Any candidate who has qualified for Higher Secondary Exam/ Secondary Exam/ Graduation in any stream can apply.
GNIHM JET 2023 Application Process
- For various courses, candidates can obtain the application form from the official website of Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management.
- However, candidates can also acquire the application form by paying Rs. 1000 from the Institute, which the candidate may submit at the Institute (person/ per post).
- For online mode, candidates have to access the official website, download the form, fill it completely with correct details and send it with the amount of Rs 1000 required as per last year’s information.
- Applicants must submit the necessary information, for instance, personal details, qualifications, and contact information, etc.
- In the same application form, candidates must make payment by the online method of application by means of debit card/credit card from any banking institution or fee can also be paid via DD/ cheque in favor of the “Gurunanak Institute of Hotel Management” payable at Kolkata.
- GNIHM JET is an offline mode (paper and pen test).
- The paper includes a total number of 120 questions, out of which 115 are multiple-choice based questions and 5 are descriptive type questions.
- The examination needs to be completed in 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Each question in the descriptive part carries seven marks and no negative marking is there.
- For every correct response in Multiple Choice Questions, 1 mark is awarded.
- New Delhi
GNIHM 2023 FAQs
Question: What is the official web portal to apply for GNIHM JET?
Ans. To apply for JET 2023, candidates have to visit the official website of the institute- www.gnihm.ac.in.
Question: When will JET online registrations begin?
Ans. The online registration forms will be released in December 2022.
Question: What is the last date of the form submission?
Ans. In the month of February 2023.
Question: Who is responsible for conducting GNIHM JET 2023?
Ans. Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata.