LSAT is shortened for Law School Admission Test which is an entrance examination conducted worldwide. The main objective behind the commencement of this exam is to offer admission to the candidates to the courses into so many colleges as well as institutions in India as well as in foreign countries. LSAC (Law School Admission Council), USA is the competent authority that is responsible for commencing this exam. Interested candidates can get admission to law courses in the top universities worldwide especially in Canada and the USA. Consequently, by qualifying for this exam, candidates will get admission into UG/ PG law & integrated law programs. Through this article, we have jotted down the complete details about the LSAT 2023 application form, exam dates, eligibility, pattern, syllabus, etc.
LSAT 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||LSAT (Law School Admission Test)|
|Conducted by||Law School Admission Council (LSAC), USA|
|Exam Purpose||To offer admission in various law courses offered in universities worldwide|
|Offered programs||UG, PG law and Integrated programs|
LSAT 2023 Important Dates
|Events||March session||June session|
|Online registration begins from||2nd week of November 2022||–|
|Online registration closes on||2nd week of February 2023||1st week of June 2023|
|Admit card releases on||March 2023||June 2023|
|Entrance exam date||4th week of March 2023||2nd week of June 2023|
|Result declaration||March/ April 2023||June/ July 2023|
|Beginning of counseling process||–||–|
LSAT Eligibility Requirements
Interested candidates who are going to apply for LSAT 2023 need to check out its complete eligibility criteria first:
- For LLB Program: Applicant must have qualified a bachelor’s degree with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks from a recognized board or university.
- BA- LLB Program: Candidates should have passed 12th level exams with a minimum of 45% marks from a recognized board or university.
- For LLM Program: A candidate should hold a 3 or 5 years LLB program with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate from a recognized board or university in an LLB course. Passing marks may vary for different institutions.
- Age Limit: There is no lower or upper age limit to apply for LSAT 2023.
LSAT 2023 Application Process
Read the steps below to know the complete application process for LSAT:
- The online application process of LSAT for the March session will get started in the second week of November 2022.
- Candidates can fill application form online mode by accessing the official website of LSAT.
- The application process of the same will involve various steps – Online Registration, providing details in the application form, image/ documents uploading, payment of application fee & printing of application form.
- Candidates must avoid filling multiple application forms as this may lead to its rejection.
- Students need to provide complete and accurate details in the application form very carefully.
- Online registration for the March session will be closed in the second week of February 2023.
The application fee is INR 3800/- and can be paid through online mode via debit card, internet banking, and credit card.
- Exam Mode: The LSAT will be organized via offline (Pen and paper) mode.
- Language of Paper: The language of the paper will be in English only.
- Number of Section: The LSAT 2023 paper will involve 4 sections – Analytical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning (1), and Logical Reasoning (2).
- Duration of Exam: To solve the paper, candidates will be allotted time duration of 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- Type of Questions: MCQ.
- Number of Questions: A total of 92 – 100 questions in the paper will be there.
- Marking Scheme: For every right response, 1 mark will be awarded. No negative marking will be there in LSAT 2023.
Subject wise Distribution of Questions:
|Exam sections||No. of Questions||Duration of paper|
|Logical reasoning- 1||22||35 minutes|
|Logical reasoning- 2||23||35 minutes|
|Analytical reasoning||23||35 minutes|
|Reading comprehension||24||35 minutes|
|Total||92 questions||2 hour and 20 minutes|
Exam Centers outside India, USA, and Canada
Some of the exam centers for LSAT outside India, the USA, and Canada are:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Northern Mariana
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
|AMU BA LLB Admission||JMI BA LLB Admission|
|LLB Admission||DU LLB Admission|
LSAT 2023 FAQs
Question: What is the official web portal to apply for LSAT?
Ans. The official website of LSAC- www.lsac.org.
Question: When will LSAT online registrations for the March session begin?
Ans. In the 2nd week of November 2022.
Question: What is the last date of form submission for the LSAT 2023 March session?
Ans. Candidates have to submit the form before the 2nd week of February 2023.
Question: Is there any age limit to apply for LSAT 2023?
Ans. No, there will be no lower and upper age limit for LSAT 2023.