GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) will be organized by NTA (National Testing Agency), however it was earlier used to be conducted by the AICTE. It is a national level entrance test through which admission is provided into Master’s degree in Pharmacy. By qualifying this examination, candidates will be enrolled into M.Pharma program in the colleges/institutes participating GPAT 2024. Only eligible candidates will appear for GPAT examination. The exam will be commenced via computer based test mode only. And, candidates will be required to go to the official website of GPAT to apply for this exam.
Contender’s performance in the entrance test will be for their final selection. There are many colleges/ universities/ institutes that offer scholarships to the talented and extraordinary students based on their GPAT score. Interested candidates can easily acquire complete information about GPAT 2024 such as Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, Results and Merit List, Test Centers, etc. from this entire article.
GPAT 2024 Overview
|Name of the Examination||GPAT 2024|
|Full form of the Examination||Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Courses Offered||Master’s degree in Pharmacy|
|Level of Test||National level|
|Mode of Test||Online (CBT mode)|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
GPAT 2024 Important Dates
|Online registration starts from||4th week of December 2023|
|Last date of application form submission||Last week of January 2024|
|Correction facility open date||1st week of February 2024|
|Release of admit card||3rd week of February 2024|
|Entrance test date||Last week of February 2024|
|Answer key publish||3rd week of March 2024|
|Result declaration date||4th week of March 2024|
An entrant must essentially fulfill all the eligibility criteria as specified by the authorities of GPAT if he/ she wants to take up GPAT 2024 Exam. Here we have mentioned all the necessary eligibility criteria for all the candidates taking up this test:
- Candidates owning a valid Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy (4 years) after passing 12th board exams from a recognized college/ university are eligible.
- Final year candidates of B.Pharm degree can also appear for this test.
- Moreover, those candidates who have passed a B.Tech in Pharmaceutical and fine chemical technology degree or its equivalent are not allowed to appear for the GPAT exam. .
GPAT 2024 Application Form
The full specifications that is very vital for filling GPAT Application form 2024 is given below:
- The application form will be released via online mode. Candidates must visit the official website of NTA which is nta.gpat.in.
- Appliers are guided to meet their eligibility before applying as only eligible contenders will be allowed to participate in the exam.
- The Application submission procedure will tentatively begin from the 4th week of December 2023 and last till the Last week of January 2024.
- Therefore candidates must keep all the important dates in their mind while applying for the exam.
- Carefully fill up the registration form, however, entrants will also get the correction facility later to make any alterations in the form.
- The application form must be having all the authentic and original details only and any false/ untrue information about the applicant can lead to the cancellation of the candidate’s admission.
- The application form must be submitted prior to the due date as the authority will not accept any application form after the due date of form submission in any circumstances.
- Also, applicants must not forget to remember to keep a print copy of the duly filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
The GPAT 2024 application fee submission getaways involves Debit Card/ Credit Card (except Visa Card/ Master Card) / UPI/ Net-Banking, etc.
|General/ UR (Male)||INR 2000/-|
|UR- EWS/ Female/ OBC- NCL/ SC/ ST/ Transgender/ PWD||INR 1000/-|
The GPAT 2024 test pattern is given below along with the distribution of marks and questions for the reference of candidates:
- Mode: CBT (Computer Based Test) mode
- Duration: 3 hours
- Medium: English medium only.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will receive + 4 marks for providing each correct solution and a deduction of -1 mark for each wrong answer will be there.
Subject- wise distribution of questions and marks:
|Type of Questions||No. of Questions||No. of Marks|
The result of the test participant will be delivered in a form of a merit list which will be prepared for GPAT 2024 by its officials. The scores obtained by the candidates and their overall performance will be considered while preparing the merit list. National Testing Agency will disclose the All Indian Merit list for the candidates. It will hold the names and roll no. of the participants along with their all-Indian rank. The merit list will be mandatory to take part in the counselling process. The admission into M.Pharma programs of various participating universities will be granted on the premises of the candidate’s rank on the merit list.
Candidates can log in into the official website and provide their registration ID and password to easily download and save the GPAT 2024 scorecard. It must be noted that the scorecard remains valid for one year. Candidates will be able to apply to different colleges and institutes based on their GPAT 2024 scores.
GPAT 2024 shall be held in the following cities: