National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test commonly known as NIMCET is a national-level entrance test conducted by NITs to enroll eligible candidates into MCA courses at 11 NITs across India. Every year, approximately 25,000 candidates register for the test. NIMCET will be organized by the National Institute of Technology (NIT) Jamshedpur most probably in the third week of June 2024. The exam will be held in online mode via computer based test in various cities of the country. NIMCET 2024 application form must be submitted before the last date of form submission. Candidates who appear in the examination and qualify for it will be granted admission into MCA courses at 11 NITs across the country.
NIMCET 2024 question paper will be having 120 MCQ type questions from subjects such as English, Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and Mathematics and the total time limit for the exam will be 2 hours.
NIMCET 2024 Overview
|Name of the Test
|NIT MCA Common Entrance Test
|Conducting Body of the Test
|National Institute Of Technology, Jamshedpur
|Level of Test
|Mode of Exam
|Duration of Exam
|Type and Number of Questions
|120 Multiple Choice Questions
|Number of Seats
NIMCET 2024 Important Dates
|Release of the Official Notification
|Third week of March 2024
|Online Registration Commencement
|First week of April 2024
|Last date to Apply for Exam
|Second week of May 2024
|Application Form Correction
|Second week of May 2024
|Availability of Admit Card
|First week of June 2024
|Third week of June 2024
|Provisional Answer Key Release
|Last week of June 2022
|Challenging Provisional Answer Key
|Last week of June 2022
|Result Release Date
|First week of July 2024
|Commencement of Counselling Session
|Last week of July 2024
- Nationality: Only the candidates of Indian Nationality are eligible to appear for this exam.
- Qualification: Appliers should be having either B.Sc. , B.Sc. (Hons.), BCA, BBA, B.Voc., BIT, B.Tech or B.E. degree from any recognized institution or university.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates who have acquired at least 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (6.0 or 55% CGPA for SC/ ST Category) in their qualifying examinations can appear in this examination.
- Subjects: Candidates who have studied statistics/ mathematics as mandatory subjects in qualifying examination are eligible.
- Appearing: Appearing candidates will also be eligible to appear for NIMCET but they will have to submit the proof of meeting the eligibility before the beginning of counselling.
- Distance Education: Candidates who have cleared their graduation from open university can apply for this exam too.
NIMCET 2024 Application Form
- The registration process will be regulated through online mode by going to the official website which is www.nimcet.in.
- Candidates will be able to make the submission of application form tentatively from the first week of April 2024.
- Only eligible candidates can fill up the online application form, therefore they are advised to check the full eligibility requirements before registering for it.
- The details provided by candidates in the application form must be appropriate and authentic as any modification can cause rejection of application form.
- The authorities of NIMCET will also offer the correction facility to those candidates who wish to make any changes in the application form.
- Candidates should submit the application form on or before the last date of submission as no candidates will be allowed to submit the application form after the last date of form submission.
- It is essential to take a print copy of filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
Entrants can submit the NIMCET Application form fee through online mode only. Payment facilities such as Credit Card, Debit Card and Net-Banking Payment will be provided for the transaction of application fee.
The Application fee will be as follows:
|OBC/ OPEN/ OPEN- EWS
|SC/ ST/ PWD
- Sections in NIMCET question paper: 4 sections namely Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and General English
- Each question in the paper has a weightage of 4 marks.
- The total weightage of the question paper is 480 marks.
- There will be a reduction of 1 mark for each incorrect answer. Unattempted questions will have no provision of negative marking.
|Number of Questions
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
NIT Jamshedpur will disclose the result expectedly in the first week of July 2024. Outcome will be published through online method on the NIMCET website. Candidates can simply check their examination results by login into the website. Details regarding candidate’s score in the exam and All India Rank will be displayed in the result. Qualified candidates will be eligible to participate in the counselling after the declaration of result.
NIT Jamshedpur will commence the counselling process most likely in the first week of July 2024. The allotment of seats in participating NITs will be made via online counselling. Each and ever qualifying contender will have to register for participating in the counselling. Seat allotment will be done on the basis of candidate’s rank in NIMCET 2024 exam.