Horticulture Common Entrance Test or HORTICET is regulated by Dr. YSR Horticultural University every year. It is a state-level entrance test that is organized with the aim to enroll eligible candidates in undergraduate horticulture courses. Those applicants who are interested in admission into various horticulture courses can take up the HORTICET examination. For appearing in the exam, candidates first need to register and fill out the application form through online mode. The form can be availed on the official website of Dr. YSR Horticultural University. Those students, who successfully pass HORTICET 2023, will be enrolled in the courses of their preferences.
HORTICET 2023 Overview
|Name of the Exam||HORTICET|
|Full form||Horticulture Common Entrance Test|
|Level of exam||State Level|
|Type of Exam||UG/ PG level|
|Conducting body||Dr. YSR Horticultural University|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Diploma Courses|
|Date of exam||To be announced|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
HORTICET 2023 Important Dates
|Official Notification release||August 2023|
|Last date to apply online||October 2023|
|Availability of admit card||November 2023|
|Date of Examination||November 2023|
|Announcement of results||November 2023|
|Beginning of counseling process||December 2023|
Read the eligibility criteria for HORTICET, which is set by Dr. YSR Horticultural University:
- Nationality: Candidates of only Indian nationality are eligible to attend the test.
- Age criteria: The age of the applier must be between 17 years to 22 years (25 years for SC and ST category applicants and 27 years PH candidates).
- Qualifying exams: The applicant should have done a certification course in horticulture from Dr. YSRHU or the other recognized university.
- Appearing Applicants: Appliers who are appearing for the final test of the certificate are also eligible to appear in HORTICET.
HORTICET 2023 Application Form
Candidates should read all the below-given guidelines very carefully in order to start the application process:
- The application form for HORTICET is going to be obtainable in online mode only.
- All the applicants are suggested to fill out the application form online and submit a similar in offline mode by taking out a hard copy of the same.
- Fill each and every particular in the application form properly with zero mistakes as authorities won’t offer any editing/ correction facility of the application form once the form is submitted.
- The basic information required in the application form may be the Applicant’s Name, Father’s Name, Date of birth, Gender, Place of birth, Region, and Category.
|General category||INR 750/-|
|Backward class||INR 750/-|
|SC/ ST category||INR 375/-|
|Physically disabled||INR 375/-|
Exam Paper Pattern
- Objective sort multiple-choice questions are going to be asked within the examination.
- A total of 2 hours will be allotted to the participants to solve the whole paper of the test.
- A maximum of 200 queries is going to be asked in the paper.
- Each accurate response within the test can grab one mark.
- There is no provision of negative markings within HORTICET.
- The question paper of the entrance test will include a total of two hundred marks.
- The medium of the test will be in Telugu only.
HORTICET 2023 Result
HORTICET results will be released by the authorities in the form of a rank card. It will most probably be released in November 2023 and those students who took the examination can access their results online mode by opening the official web page of Dr. YSR Horticultural University. The applicants need to secure good marks in tests as only their marks will be considered for the merit list by the officials.
HORTICET 2023 Counseling
- Dr. YSR Horticultural University is accountable for holding counseling procedures in the month of December 2023. Those students who have their names presented in the merit list can attend the counseling procedure.
- Candidates are told to attend the counseling procedure on the mentioned date through authority. Moreover, they will also have to bring the required documents for verification. The documents that are vital for the verification process are:
Mark Sheet of 10th class
Mark sheet of Diploma/ Certificate in Horticulture from Dr. YSRHU or its equivalent
Caste Certificate (if applicable)