Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test (HP SET) is a state-level entrance test that is conducted to select eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in various colleges/ universities located in Himachal Pradesh. Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission is responsible for organizing this entrance test. The exam is conducted for 22 subjects at various examination centers.
Therefore, all the eligible aspirants who are willing to make their career in the field of teaching in various colleges of Himachal Pradesh can apply before the last date. The candidates will be appointed as Assistant Professor based on their performance in the entrance test only. Meanwhile, the application form for the same has been released by the conducting board on its official website. Therefore, applicants who want to apply for HP SET 2023 must check out this full article. All the important dates, eligibility requirements, application forms, exam patterns of HP SET are given in the post.
HP SET 2023 Overview
|Name of the Exam||HP SET|
|Full-Form||Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Conducting Body||Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Exam Purpose||To appoint candidates for the post of Assistant Professor|
|Mode of the Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper mode)|
HP SET 2023 Important Dates
|Online registration begins||To be announced|
|Last date to register||To be announced|
|Last date to apply with late fee||To be announced|
|Admit card release date||To be announced|
|Entrance exam date||To be announced|
|Release of Answer key||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
- Applicants must have a master’s degree in any discipline with 55% marks from a recognized university/ institution.
- SC/ ST/ PwD candidates have to secure at least 50% marks in master’s degree.
- Candidates who have still not completed their master’s degree and going to appear in the final year exam are also eligible to apply. Such candidates will be admitted provisionally and will be eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in the colleges located in Himachal Pradesh.
- Candidates should have completed their master’s degree at least 2 years from the date of SET results, failing which candidates will be disqualified.
- Ph.D. degree holders who have qualified SET/ NET/ SLET will be exempted from HP SET.
HP SET 2023 Application Form
- In the first step, interested applicants have to visit the official website of the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission- www.hppsc.hp.gov.in.
- Applicants must ensure to complete the form submission before the due date.
- There will be no other mode rather than an online mode to fill HP SET form.
- Provide all the details as asked in the HP SET application form.
- Upload all your important certificates/ documents via scanned copies only.
- Recheck all the details and documents in the application form before final submission.
- Pay the application fee online mode via credit card, debit card, net banking only. No other mode of payment will be accepted by the authorities.
- Lastly, get the hard copies of the duly filled and submitted application form for additional uses.
|General candidates||Rs. 700/-|
|OBC candidates||Rs. 350/-|
|SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 175/-|
- Question Type: Objective-Based Questions (MCQ)
- Mode of examination: Written Exam
- The medium of Examination: English and Hindi only
- Number of Papers: Two papers
- Marking Scheme: 2 marks for each question, no negative making
- Number of total questions: 150
- Marks allotted: 150×2 = 300
|Paper||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|I||50||100 (50×2)||1 hour|
|II||100||200 (100×2)||2 hours|
|Total||150 questions||300||3 hours|
HP SET 2023 FAQs
Question: What is the official website to apply for HP SET Exam?
Question: Which authority will conduct HP SET?
Ans. Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission will organize this test.
Question: What is the entrance exam date for HP SET?
Ans. The entrance test is scheduled to be held in the 2nd week of July 2023 (Tentative).
Question: What is the mode of examination for HP SET 2023?
Ans. The exam’s mode will be offline i.e. pen and paper-based mode.
Question: Why is Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test conducted?
Ans. This entrance exam is conducted by the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission to finalize candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in various universities/ institutes of Himachal Pradesh state.