HPPSC 2023: The HPPSC (Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission) is the official regulating body that commences HPPSC Recruitment every year. It is the state’s supreme constitutional body of Himachal Pradesh. This government agency is responsible to report to the Union Public Service Commission, which is its parent department. The commission organizes various state-level examinations in order to recruit the best candidates for various administrative posts in the state of Himachal Pradesh.
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) was formed in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh in the year 1971. The agency will soon upload the official notification regarding HPPSC Recruitment 2023 on its official website. Therefore, all the candidates who aspire to join various departmental posts in Himachal Pradesh state should apply online for the concerned posts through the official web portal of the commission. The Commission will conduct the online Computer Based Test (CBT) for various posts. Eligible candidates can fill up the application form at the official website of HPPSC- hppsc.hp.gov.in. only after satisfying the eligibility. Get more information about HPPSC 2023 such as Recruitment dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form and Fee, Exam Pattern, Results and more from the data given below.
HPPSC 2023 Highlights
|Name of the exam||Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services Exam|
|Exam conducting commission||Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Level of exam||State level|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Mode of the exam||Offline|
|Stages of exam||3 stages- Preliminary, Mains and Interview or Personality test|
|Exam duration||4 hours|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Purpose of the exam||To recruit desirable candidates for various posts under Himachal Administrative Services.|
|No. of test cities||10|
HPPSC 2023 Important Dates
|Notification release date||Third week of May 2023|
|Online application release date||Third week of May 2023|
|Last date to apply||Third week of June 2023|
|HPAS prelims exam on||October 2023|
|Result declaration||November 2023|
|HPAS main exam on||January 2023|
|Result declaration||March 2023|
|Final result announcement||June 2023|
- Nationality- The candidate must hold the nationality of India.
- Educational Qualification– It is vital to possess a bachelor’s degree/ equivalent qualification from a government-approved university or any recognized institution.
- Age Criteria– The age of the applicant should be at least 21 years old in order to be eligible. Also, candidates should be under the age of 35 on January 1st of the year of the exam conduct. For SC, ST, OBC, People with Disabilities Category, and Children and Grandchildren of Himachal Pradesh’s Freedom Fighters, the upper age limit is set up to 5 years.
HPPSC 2023 Application Form
- In order to collect the online application form for HPPSC HPAS 2023, the aspirants need to log in to the official website that is hppsc.hp.gov.in.
- On the home page, search for the ‘Apply now’ option and click on the same.
- Next, the candidates will get the ‘Online application registration’ link, after which they need to hit the ‘new user sign up’ option.
- Start providing detailed information asked on the web page such as the applicant’s address, educational qualification and other basic details, etc.
- Once you complete the above steps, you will be asked to upload the scanned image of the signature and photograph according to the prescriptions defined there.
- Hit the complete button and make the payment of the application fees by using the credit card/ debit card/ net banking methods.
|General and other state candidates||400/-|
|Ex-servicemen of HP||Exempted|
Preliminary Exam Pattern
- Questions Type: Multiple Choice questions – Objective
- Papers: Paper 1- General Studies, Paper 2- Aptitude Test
- Exam Duration: 2 hours for every paper
- Questions Number: 100 questions for each paper, therefore 200 questions in total for the Preliminary examination
- Marking Pattern: Each right answer gets 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: Yes, it is applicable for each incorrect answer i.e. there will be a loss of 1/3 of the marks for the wrong response.
|Paper||No. of questions||Marks per question||Total marks|
Mains Exam Pattern
|Paper No.||Subject||Maximum Marks|
|Paper counted for merit|
|4||General Studies- I||200|
|5||General Studies- II||200|
|6||General Studies- III||200|
Personality Test – Interview Round
HPPSC HAS Exam is considered an overall personality assessment exam, therefore interviewers may ask queries related to the current events at the national and international level, as well as your political understanding and socioeconomic understanding of the Himachal Pradesh state. The entrant should be well acquainted with Himachal Pradesh’s regional culture, customs, and accent. They will also be assessed on the basis of soft skills such as leadership traits, mental awareness, communication skills, and critical thinking.
HPPSC Previous Year Papers
Besides knowing all the above-mentioned details, it is important for the candidates to practice the previous year’s question papers as these will be very beneficial in performing well in the examination. Through this, candidates will know about their area of strengths and weaknesses along with learning time management to avoid the last-minute hurry inside the examination hall. The already solved papers of HPPSC will give the aspirants a good idea of how queries will be asked along with areas that are to be arranged for the exam. We suggest the candidates to visit the official portal of HPPSC and other to get a detailed idea of previous year question papers.
HPPSC 2023 Results
The HPPSC HPAS 2023 Outcome will be declared online through the official web portal. To check the result, the aspirants have to log in to the hppsc.hp.gov.in. by using credentials. Both the result of the preliminary and main exams will be disclosed separately on the web page of the same. The result will be provided in the form of a PDF that should be saved by the candidate in his/ her system. The result must be kept safe by the candidates for future references.