IGNOU B.Ed 2024: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) will release the official notification regarding IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2024. Candidates need to complete the registration through the official website i.e. www.ignou.ac.in. The desired candidates will get admission to the B.Ed program only after clearing computer-based tests which will be commenced in both English and Hindi.
National Test Agency (NTA) will conduct the examination for all the eligible candidates. IGNOU B.Ed is a national-level entrance exam that is organized twice a year to offer admissions to the candidates in the B.Ed programs. Candidates who are interested in the teaching field should opt for the B.Ed program at IGNOU. They must fill up the form before the last prescribed date as given at the official web portal of Indira Gandhi Open National University.
IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Highlights
|Exam Name||IGNOU Bachelor of Education Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|Exam Mode||Online – Computer Based Test mode|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online mode|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Number of Parts||2|
|Number of Sections||
|Question Type||Multiple-Choice Questions|
|Exam Center||135 centers|
IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Important Dates
|Release of Application Form||Last week of March 2024|
|Last Date to Apply for B.Ed||Fourth week of April 2024|
|Entrance Exam Admit Card Released||Last week of April 2024|
|Entrance Exam Date||Second week of May 2024|
|Result Release Date||Second week of July 2024|
|Counselling Starts||First week of August 2022|
- Aspirants are required to obtain a minimum of 55% marks in their qualifying exam.
- They must pass Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Commerce/ Social Sciences/ Humanity OR Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Mathematics and Science.
- Candidates of SC/ ST/ OBC (NCL) will get a reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility according to the rules of the Central Government.
- Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates will also get relaxation according to the university rules.
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education are eligible for IGNOU B.Ed
- Candidates who have completed an offline teacher education program recognized by NCTE are eligible.
IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Application Form
Fill up B.Ed Entrance Exam 2024 Application Form as per the instructions mentioned below:
- All the interested candidates should open the authorized web page of IGNOU– ignou.ac.in. in order to get the application form.
- On the official website, candidates need to click on the link stating “IGNOU B.Ed Application Form”.
- Firstly it is very important for the candidates to register on the website and keep the system-generated application number secure.
- Candidates need to fill in the Online IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam Application Form 2023 with all the required credentials.
- Apart from this, it is also necessary to upload required documents in their prescribed format.
- Also, upload scanned signatures in the application form.
- Once the application is submitted and fees are paid via Debit Card/ Credit card or Net banking methods, you must download the confirmation page for future reference.
The registration fees for IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2024 are as follows:
|Application Criteria||Application Fees|
|Registration fee||INR 1000/-|
|Application fees with first late fees||INR 500/-|
|Application fees with second late fees||INR 1000/-|
- The Exam will only take place through online method which is computer based exam.
- The entire paper should be resolved within 2 hours.
- Candidates will get a total number of 100 questions in the paper.
- The whole paper will be for a maximum of 100 marks.
- The language of the B.Ed test paper will be bilingual i.e. Hindi and English.
- Query paper will contain all the Multiple Choice Questions.
- For each right answer, 1 mark will be granted to the candidate, while for each incorrect response, no provision of negative marking.
- Part A of the paper consist of Section 1 which will be General English Comprehension having 10 questions for a total of 10 marks.
- Section II of the paper comprises of Logical & Analytical Reasoning having a total of 20 questions for 20 marks
- Section III includes Educational & General Awareness having 25 questions for 25 marks.
- Section IV involves Teaching-Learning & the School having 25 questions for 25 marks.
- Part B is set up on the basis of the Subject Competence.
- Section V involves subjects such as English/ Science/ Social Studies/ Mathematics/ Hindi having 20 questions for 20 marks.
|Sections||Subjects||Total questions||Total marks|
|Section 1||General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Section 2||Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section 3||General Awareness||25||25|
|Section 4||Teaching- Learning||25||25|
|Section 5||Science, Mathematics, Social Studies, English and Hindi||20||20|
IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Results
The result of IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2024 will be announced soon after the conclusion of the exam. IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2024 Outcome will be published in the form of a merit list and scorecard. Candidates will be able to find the results for the entrance exam on the official website of the National Testing Agency. Follow the guidelines for the results as given below:
- Go to the authorized web portal of IGNOU B.Ed entrance page – www.ignou.ac.in.
- Under the entrance examination tab, find the ‘Results’ tab and click on the same.
- Candidates must click on the link for ‘B.Ed 2024 Results’.
- After clicking on the tab, aspirants will be redirected to the results login page.
- Select the B.Ed program and provide a 9-digit IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2024 Enrolment Number.
- The candidate’s IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2024 Score card and Result will be downloaded from the page.
- After that take a print copy of the IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2024 Scorecard for additional use during counseling.
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 15%
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 7.5%
- OBC: 27%
- Physically Handicapped (PH): 3%
- War Widow: 5%
- Kashmiri Migrant: 1 seat