HSEE acronym for Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination is an entrance test organized for admission to the five-year integrated Master of Arts (MA) program in IIT Madras. Every year, the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras conducts this exam. The admission will be provided to the Integrated MA in Development Studies and Integrated MA in English Studies. IIT Madras conducts this entrance test for 46 seats (every year). The application for the same will be released on the official website of IIT Madras in December 2022. Also, the candidates are suggested to check the eligibility requirements carefully before applying for HSEE 2023.
Therefore, candidates who want to apply for the same can do the same online. The exam will be conducted partly offline and partly online. For more details related to it, read the complete piece of the article below.
HSEE 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||HSEE 2023|
|Full form||Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination|
|Conducting body||Indian Institute of Technology, Madras|
|Exam Type||Admission to 5-year Integrated Masters of Arts Programme|
|Level of the Exam||National Level|
|Exam mode||Partly offline and partly online|
|Total seats||46 (23 each)|
HSEE 2023 Important dates
|The application process starts from||December 2022|
|Last date to apply||January 2023|
|Admit card release date||March 2023|
|Deadline to download the admit card||April 2023|
|HSEE 2023||April 2023|
|Result date||May 2023|
|Date of the offer letter||May 2023|
- Applicants must have passed 10+2 levels from a recognized educational board.
- Those candidates who have passed the final exam of the 2-year course of the Joint Services Wing of NDA can also apply.
- Candidates who have completed Senior Secondary School Examination commenced by the NIOS with a minimum of five subjects may also apply.
- Students who have passed class 12th in a foreign country may apply too.
- Applicants must possess with H.S.C. vocational examination.
- Those candidates who hold General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level are also eligible.
- If you have done CBSE Class XII skill courses then you can apply too.
- Students who have completed intermediate from outside India or from a Board not specified will have to provide the certificate saying that they have passed an exam equivalent to an intermediate level examination are also eligible.
HSEE 2023 Application form
- Firstly visit the official website of HSEE – www.hsee.iitm.ac.in.
- After that, you need to find out and click on the application form link and fill out your info such as name, DOB, father’s name, mother’s name, etc.
- Once the filling process is done, upload your scanned copies of passport-size photographs, and signature in accordance with the prescriptions provided in the application form.
- Now revise all the entered info and proceed with the payment of the application fee.
- The application fee is mode consists of internet banking, debit card, credit card, and Indian Bank Challan.
- Candidates have to take out a print of the confirmation page for further use.
- It must be noted that the exam conducting body will not provide any correction facility to make changes further, so candidates should ensure to submit the form at once only.
|SC/ ST/ PwD category candidates||Rs. 1200/- + Rs. 40/- (bank charges)|
|Other categories||Rs. 2400/- + Rs. 40/- (bank charges)|
- The total duration time of the exam will be of 3 hours. The paper will have two parts.
- Duration: Part I will be of 150 minutes and Part II has to be completed in 30 minutes.
- Part I section: English and Comprehension Skill, Environment and ecology, General Studies (World Affairs, Indian society and culture, and Indian Economy), Analytical and Quantitative Ability.
- Part II section: Essay writing on the general topic based on the description, or/and reflection or/and discussion.
- New Delhi
HSEE Cut Off
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: When will the HSEE online application form be released?
Ans. The online registration process for the same will start in December 2022.
Question: Who conducts Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination?
Ans. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras is the conducting body for Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination.
Question: What is the exam date for Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination?
Ans. It is likely to be held in the month of April 2023.
Question: In which mode the exam will be conducted?
Ans. The examination will be held partly offline and partly in online mode.