Xavier Institute of Communications Online Entrance Test (XIC OET) is organized by the Xavier Institute of Communications at the national level. The basis of this examination is to provide admissions to candidates in different post-graduate courses available at the institute. Only those candidates who will qualify for XIC OET will be eligible for admission to PG courses. XIC OET is organized in online mode (Computer Based Test) by the authorities. Interested students can apply for XIC OET on its official website i.e. www.xaviercomm.org. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before registering for XIC OET 2024 online. Through this entrance test, candidates will get admission to pg courses in specifications such as:
- Communication for Development
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Public Relations and Corporate Communication
- Advertising and Marketing Communication
- Film, Television and Digital Video Production
XIC OET 2024 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||XIC OET|
|Full form||Xavier Institute of Communications Online Entrance Test|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Courses Offered||Pg courses|
|Organizing Body||Xavier Institute of Communications, Mumbai|
|Admission Process||On the basis of the entrance test only|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
XIC OET 2024 Important Dates
|The online application process starts from||April 2024|
|Last date of submission of forms||April 2024|
|Admit card release date||April 2024|
|Exam Date||April 2024|
|Announcement of Results||May 2024|
|Counseling process||May 2024|
- The age of the candidate must not exceed 35 years.
- A 3/4-year bachelor’s degree is necessary for any discipline.
- A citizen must be Indian only.
- Students appearing in the final year exam are eligible too.
- In case the applicant fulfills the above-mentioned eligibility, then he/ she is eligible to appear for the test.
XIC OET 2024 Application Form
- Candidates can fill out the application form via online mode.
- The official web portal is www.xaviercomm.org.
- Aspirants will be able to fill out the form from April 2024.
- Aspirants need to go through the various steps to complete the application process such as registration, entering necessary info, and attaching valid and essential documents to the application form.
- Proceed to the payment of the application fee via net banking, credit card and debit card, and other means.
- Candidates must keep a few prints of the completely submitted application form for other uses during the counseling process.
- Applicants are also suggested to track the official website for all the important details.
|For all category candidates||Rs. 4000/-|
|Mode of Examination||Online (Computer-based Test)|
|Type of Question||Objective Type and Subjective Type|
|Total Marks||150 Marks|
|Total Number of Questions||200 questions|
|Duration of the exam||1 hour 30 minutes|
XIC OET 2024 Result
The result for the online entrance test will be declared online on the official website of XIC, Mumbai in the third week of May 2024. Students are suggested to download their rank cards and take a printout as well for further process. The candidate must carry a scorecard when he/ she appears for counseling along with a few other mandatory documents.
- The selection of candidates will be based on many factors.
- After the exam, the authorities of the entrance test will prepare a merit list based on marks obtained by the candidate.
- Those students who will qualify for the online entrance test will be called for an online video interview.
- Candidates, who have applied for AICP, PR, and MCM courses, don’t need to appear for Personal Video Interview sessions.
- After clearing the online video interview, candidates will be granted admission to the course of their choice.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the full form of XIC OET?
Ans. Xavier Institute of Communications Online Entrance Test.
Question: When will the OET online application form released?
Ans. The online registration process will begin in the month of April 2024.
Question: Who is accountable for conducting the Xavier Institute of Communications Online Entrance Test?
Ans. It is regulated by the Xavier Institute of Communications, Mumbai at the national level.
Question: When is XIC OET scheduled?
Ans. It is scheduled for the month of April 2024.
Question: What is the mode of XIC OET?
Ans. It is an online test, therefore it will be held in online mode i.e. Computer Based Test.