ICSE High School/ 10+2 Blueprint will be available to download at the official website of CISCE (Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations)- www.cisce.org. The council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations is the only authority that decides the ICSE exam pattern 2023 for SSC. Students must be well aware of ICSE class 10th paper pattern to make a proper exam preparation strategy.
ICSE exam pattern 2023 will include subjects choosing criteria, internal, and external exam weightage in ICSE exam syllabus 2023 10th along with section-wise marks and total marks. Read the full data below to know more about ICSE Class 10 exam pattern 2023 for all subjects and all groups.
ICSE Exam Pattern 2023 Class 10 Subjects
Students who are going to appear in the ICSE class 10th examination will have to appear in 7 subjects according to the exam date of the ICSE board. These 7 subjects are divided into three different groups of ICSE paper pattern 2023:
- I Group – 4 compulsory subjects
- II Group – 2 optional subjects
- III Group – 1 optional subject
ICSE Exam Pattern 2023 List of Subjects for Class 10th
|I Group – 80% exam + 20% internal assessment||
|II Group– 80% exam + 20% internal assessment||
|III Group – 50% external exam + 50% internal exam||
ICSE Class 10 Exam Pattern (Group 1)
According to the ICSE Class 10th Exam Pattern, Group-I will include subjects such as – History, English, Civics, Geography, and second language. The external exam for these subjects will be conducted for a total duration of 2 hours for 80 marks each.
The type of questions for each subject of Group- I includes:
This exam will consist of two papers namely literature and language skills and each paper will include a total of 80 marks and passing marks will be 26 marks out of 80 marks. The Language Skills paper will include grammar questions, unseen passages, and composition, letters. The Literature skills paper comprises poetry, prose, and drama-based questions.
History & Civics Exam
It will be having short and long answer questions on the basis of chapters given in the textbook.
It will specifically involve three types of questions: long answer type, short answer type, and map-based questions containing sketches, graphs, and diagrams.
ICSE 10th Second Language Exam Pattern
The second language will be divided into two sections of a total of 40 marks each.
- Section- A includes the letter, comprehensions, and grammar questions
- Section- B will be having questions from chapters given in textbooks.
ICSE Class 10 Marking Scheme (Group 2)
Accor5ding to the ICSE Exam Pattern 2023 Class 12, the II Group will be having 8 different subjects. Out of which, students are required to choose 2 subjects as their optional subjects. The question paper of these subjects will be of total 80 marks and the timing for each subject will be different.
The ICSE 10th paper pattern 2023 for these subjects is provided below:
Physics, Chemistry & Biology Exam
The Science subjects’ paper will have a total of two sections.
- In the first section, students are required to answer all mandatory short answer questions of 40 marks.
- The second section will have 6 questions out of which students are required to attempt any 4 for 40 marks.
The mathematics paper includes two sections:
- Section- A: Mandatory questions for 40 marks.
- Section- B (40 marks): 7 questions out of which students have to attempt 4 questions.
Environmental Science, Commercial Studies & Economics Exam
This paper is divided into two sections of 40 marks each:
- One section will have short compulsory questions.
- The second section includes 6 long answer-based questions, of which 4 need to be attempted.
Classical Language Exam
This paper will have questions for total of 80 marks which will specifically involve questions of elementary Sanskrit grammar and translation of sentences from English to Sanskrit and small proses.
Modern Foreign Language Exam
It will involve 5 questions on the basis of composition, letter, grammar, unseen passage, and translation into English.
Group 3 Subjects
This group has many subjects according to the ICSE high school exam pattern 2023. In this students will have to choose only 1 as their optional subject. The paper will hold a total of 50 marks with variable duration as per the subject.
For these subjects in this group, ICSE class 10th Paper Pattern is given below:
Commercial, Computer, Economic, Environmental Application & Home Science Exam
The question paper for these subjects will be divided into two sections in which one has short answer-based questions that are compulsory and the other section will include long answer-type questions with internal choices.
Students will get the option of 4 papers painting or drawing from drawing or painting from nature, still life, original imaginative composition in color, and applied art. Out of these four papers, students will have to select any two for assessment.
Performing Arts Exam
This question paper includes three main sections Tabla, Vocal Music, and Instrumental music.
Cookery & Fashion Designing Exam
It comprises two sections, one with mandatory short answer type questions and another will be the internal choice of detailed answer type questions. Therefore, students will have to attempt any 4 questions in this section.
Physical Education Exam
There will be 2 sections in this paper:
- Section-A: Questions will be based on first aid, health, and hygiene.
- Section-B: Questions will be based on rules, skills, and methods of fitness training for different sports.
Download ICSE Class Xth Blueprint Online
- In case students are searching for ICSE class 10th Blueprint, they will have to first visit the official website i.e. www.cisce.org.
- The homepage will be opened where you will be able to see all the updates about the results.
- From there you can download or view ICSE Class 10th Blueprint.
- Just provide your Unique ID to download your ICSE Class 10th Blueprint (syllabus-wise).