NIOS Admission 2024: Students who prefer completing their school education through open schooling, basically opt for NIOS. NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) enrolls eligible candidates to complete schooling through online mode. It is offering admission to various candidates in classes 10th and 12th on the basis of their academic eligibility.
Admission will be granted to interested and eligible candidates in the National Institute of Open Schooling in different streams. Those who are interested can apply for admission by visiting the nearest Common Service Centre or online mode as per their preference. Eligible candidates will be admitted to secondary and senior secondary courses under four different streams i.e. streams 1, 2, 3, and 4. Find more information related to NIOS Admission 2024 such as Important Admission Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Fee, Procedure of Admission, and more from the post below.
NIOS Admission 2024 Highlights
|Admission||NIOS Admissions 2024|
|Conducting body||National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)|
|Article type||NIOS Online Admission Form 2024|
|Board type||Private open board|
|Frequency of exam||Two times a year|
|Registration form||April to May 2024|
|Admission for||10th, 12th, ITI Learners, Vocational Education|
NIOS Admission 2024 Important Dates
|NIOS admission date with normal fee||Third week of March to last week of July 2024|
|Admission last date with late fee of Rs. 200||First week of August to third week of August 2024|
|Last date of Admission with late fee of Rs. 400||Third week of August to last week of August 2024|
|Last date of Admission with late fee of Rs 700||First week of September third week of September 2024|
|Exam dates||March/ April 2024|
|NIOS Admission registration start date||Third week of September 2024|
|Last date for admission with normal fees||Last week of January 2024|
|Due date of Admission with a late fee of Rs 200||First week of February to third week of February 2024|
|Due date of Admission with a late fee of Rs 400||Third week of February to last week of February 2024|
|Last date of Admission with a late fee of Rs 700||First week of March to third week of March 2024|
|NIOS Exam Date 2024||October 2024|
NIOS stream-wise eligibility criteria for academic session 2024 are given below:
- The minimum age of the applicant for admission in NIOS should be 14 years as of 31st July 2023 (31st January 2024 for block II).
- Applicant must have passed class 8th in order to be eligible.
- Candidates who produce a self-certificate declaring ‘I have studied enough to be able to pursue a secondary course’ can also get admission to NIOS.
- Those applicants who have studied secondary level but could not complete the course and wish to improve performance are eligible for admission too.
Sr. Secondary course:
- The age of the candidate should be at least 15 years as of 31st July 2023 (31st January 2024 for block II).
- One must have passed a secondary course from a recognized board to be eligible for admission.
- The age of the candidates should not be less than 14 years as of 31st July 2023 to be eligible to apply.
- One must successfully pass class 8th.
- The applicants need to possess a self-declaration stating ‘I have studied enough to be able to pursue a secondary course’.
- Applicants who had appeared but could not pass or they were eligible but could not appear in the secondary exam can apply too.
Sr. Secondary course:
- The candidate’s minimum age should be 15 years as of 31st July 2023.
- Candidates should clear secondary courses from a recognized board to be eligible.
- Applicants who had appeared in the exam but could not pass or they were eligible but failed to appear for the senior secondary exam can apply too.
- The minimum age of the entrant must be 14 years as of 31st July 2023.
- Those who successfully pass the class 8th exam will be eligible.
- A self-certificate declaring ‘I have studied enough to be able to pursue a secondary course’ is also required to be eligible.
- Candidates who have studied at the secondary level can also seek admission either to improve their performance or to complete the course.
Sr. Secondary course:
- The minimum age of the applicants needs to be 15 years as of 31st July 2023.
- In order to take admission, it is crucial for the candidates to pass the second course from a recognized board.
- Candidates who have studied at the senior secondary level can also get admission either to improve their performance or to complete the course.
NIOS Admission 2024 Application Form
- The admission of the entrants is based on online mode.
- It is necessary to ensure to apply for admission on the specified date. Submit the application form on or before the last date otherwise candidature will be canceled/ rejected.
- Aspirants should go through the NIOS prospectus and instructions before applying for admission.
- Candidates must be ready with all the documents before they fill up the application form.
- Make the application fee payment which is Rs. 400 per subject.
- Pay the application fee through online facilities such as Debit Card/ Credit Card and Net Banking or through the Electronic Wallet of Common Service Centres (CSCs)
- In case of cancellation of admission, the application fee will be refunded.
- National Institute of Open Schooling organizes admission procedures for both 10th and 12th classes.
- The NIOS admissions are conducted twice a year i.e. in the month of March and September for Block I and block II exams.
- Students will be able to submit the NIOS admission form for block 2 exams which will be held in the month of October 2024 (tentatively).
- Submit the NIOS admission form on the official web portal and pay the required admission fee.
- Management of NIOS scrutinizes all the admission forms on the basis of which the final admission of the candidate will be confirmed.