Income Tax Inspector exam is conducted by the authorities of the Staff Selection in order to recruit income tax officers at CBDT. It is one of the most prestigious and popular jobs offered through the SSC CGL Exam. The main job responsibility of income tax department is to collect and monitor the tax.
SSC conducts the recruitment examination for various positions for instance Income Tax Inspector, Sub Inspector in CBI, Statistical Investigator, Central Excise Inspector, Preventive Officer, etc. The officials of SSC release multiple vacancies throughout the year. Income Tax Inspector department offers attractive salary packages and good career growth. We suggest you to go through the complete post in order to get full information about Income Tax Inspector 2023.
Income Tax Inspector 2023 Overview
|Job title||Inspector Tax Inspector|
|Organisation||Income Tax Department|
|Category||Central got jobs|
|Salary||7th level Crpc (45000)|
- A Bachelor’s degree is required from a recognised university/ institute.
- Aspirants must not be over than 27 years (3 years to 13 years relaxation for reserved categories) in order to apply for the recruitment process.
- Aspirants must clear SSC CGL Exams.
Income Tax Inspector 2023 Job Responsibilities
- The work profiles of Income Tax Officer are transferable on a cyclic basis.
- They have to perform assessment of tax or non-assessment of tax.
- Regulating work related to TAX DEDUCTION AT SOURCE (TDS) besides being accompanying a raid team. As for the Investigation wing, they have to work even on the weekend if they are on search duty (Raid).
- An Income Tax Inspector has to work for 3-4 days, without a break. They won’t be allowed to take holidays during peak season.
- An ITI on a non-assessment seat generally is required to perform clerical work. Such postings are in Training, TDS, HR works, judicial postings, etc. The work doesn’t take more than 3 hours; therefore the rest of the day is yours. The authorities may ask you to accompany a raid team.
Income Tax Inspector Exam 2023 Selection Process
The selection process for the Income-tax inspector involves four phases with 2 computer-based online tests:
- Tier 1: Computer-Based (online) Test (Objective type questions) containing 100 questions
- Tier 2: Computer-Based (online) Test (Objective type questions) with 2 mandatory papers and 2 other papers for specific posts
- Descriptive Paper in Hindi/ English/ (Offline mode)
- Computer Proficiency Test
|SSC CGL ITI Salary||City X*||City Y*||City Z*|
|ITI Basic Pay||44900||44900||44900|
|DA on TA||612||306||306|
|NPS Deduction 10% (Basic + DA)||5253||5253||5253|
Post- wise Salary
|Principal Chief Commissioner of IT||INR 80,000|
|Chief Commissioner||INR 75,550-80,000|
|Principal Commissioner||INR 67,000-79,000|
|Commissioner||INR 37,400-67,000 + Grade Pay of INR 10,000|
|Additional/ Joint Commissioner||INR 37,400-67,000 + Grade Pay of 8,700/ INR 15,600-39,100 + Grade Pay of 7,600|
|Deputy Commissioner||INR 15,600-39,100 + Grade Pay of INR 6,600.|
|Assistant Commissioner||INR 15,600-39,100 + Grade Pay of 5,400|
|Income Tax Officer||INR 9,300-34,800 + Grade Pay of INR 4,800/INR 5,400|
|Income Tax Inspector||INR 9,300-34,800 + Grade Pay of 4,600|
Perks & Allowances
An Income Tax Inspector enjoys the benefits of various perks and allowances along with the interesting salary package. Initially, they receive around INR 9,000 but eventually it can rise up to INR 35,000 in addition to Grade Pay which is approximately INR 4,600. Along with this, there are many more allowances they get offered like:
- House Rent Allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Petrol allowance (30 liters)
- Medical benefits
- Mobile bills (limited)
- Paid leaves
Income Tax Inspector 2023 Growth Opportunities
This job is highly respectable and the career grows eventually through various positions of majesty. The Commissioner positions get enough experience and work fame.
- Income Tax Officer (ITO)
- Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax (ACIT)
- Deputy Commissioner of Income Tax (DCIT)
- Joint Commissioner of Income Tax (JCIT)
- Additional Commissioner of Income Tax (ADCIT)
- Commissioner of Income Tax
Previous Year Cut Off
- UR 132.37260
- OBC 119.23278
- SC 100.93079
- ST 93.75569
- EWS 109.21110
- OH 85.99074
- HH 40.00000
- Others-PWD 40.00000