Indian Coast Guard Navik 2024: Every year, the Indian Coast Guard organizes an entrance test for the recruitment of the Indian Coast Guard Navik General Duty (GD) and Navik domestic branch (DB). The entrance exam for this post is conducted in offline mode. The exam is organized at the national level. However, for recruitment to this post, candidates will have to undergo several phases such as:
- Written Test
- Physical fitness test (PFT)
- Medical examination
So, to get all the other information regarding Indian Coast Guard Receruitment 2024, read the article till the end. Here we have listed important dates, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc.
Indian Coast Guard Navik 2024 Highlights
|Name of the exam||Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment (GD/DB)|
|Conducting body||Indian Coast Guard|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|Medium of Exam||Hindi and English|
Indian Coast Guard Navik 2024 Important Dates
|Official Notification release date||1st week of June 2024|
|Online registration begins from||1st week of July 2024|
|Online registration closes on||3rd week of July 2024|
|Admit card availability from||To be updated|
|Written exam on||To be updated|
|Entrance exam result||To be updated|
- Navik (GD): The candidate’s age should be between 18 years to 22 years to be eligible.
- Navik (DB): Candidates who have been born between Oct 1, 2000 to Sep 30, 2004 can apply.
- For Navik (GD): Candidates must be 12th passed with Maths and Physics from the Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE).
- For Navik (DB): Applicants must have cleared class 10th from the Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE).
The candidates will be selected on the basis of the three stages listed below:
- Written Examination
- Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Examination
- The examination will comprise of Multiple Choice Questions.
- It will cover topics from English, Physics, Reasoning, Mathematics, Basic Chemistry, Current Affairs, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Moreover, questions will be asked based on the 12th level.
- Candidates who will qualify for the written test will be further appearing for Physical Fitness Test.
- Meanwhile, candidates need to carry some documents on the day of the exam. Documents are:
- 3 copies of Admit card with the latest photograph
- Valid identity proof such as passport, driving license, Aadhar card, Voter I-Card, Pan Card, or any other photo identity proof, etc.
- 2 Printed copies of the application form
- 10 Recent color passport size photographs
- 10th pass certificate and mark sheet in original
- Category certificate
- 12th pass certificate and mark sheet in original
- Domicile proof
- Candidates who fail to bring these documents will not be given permission to sit in the exam.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- It will be conducted for two days for the candidates who score cutoff marks in the written exam.
- Physically handicapped candidates will not be allowed to sit in the exam.
- Candidates will have to meet the following parameters:
6 Km run must be completed in 7 minutes
20 Squat ups.
- Candidates should wear comfortable sports shoes, clothes, etc.
- Shortlisted candidates who will qualify for the entrance test and physical fitness test need to clear the last stage i.e. Medical Examination.
- Military doctors will conduct medical examinations for such candidates.
- See the parameters of the Medical examination below:
|Weight||Proportionate To Height And Age + 10 Percentage Acceptable|
|Visual standard||6/6 (Better Eye) & 6/9 (Worse Eye) (Candidates using spectacles are not eligible)|
|Tattoo||A permanent tattoo on any part of the body is not accepted/allowed.|
Indian Coast Guard Navik 2021 Vacancy Details (Previous Year)
|Navik (General duty)||108||26||67||19||40|
|Navik (Domestic Branch)||23||05||17||02||03|
Indian Coast Guard Navik 2024 Salary
- Upon joining, a Navik in the Indian Coast Guard will get a basic pay of Rs 21700/- (Pay Level-3) plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances (based on nature of duty/location of posting).
- A Navik can be promoted up to the post of Pradhan Adhikari with a salary of Rs 47600/- (Pay Level – 8) with DA (Dearness Allowance).
- Apart from basic salary and allowances, a Navik is granted free ration, medical treatment, clothing, government accommodation for self and family at a nominal rate, canteen, and various loan facilities.
- After retirement also, they will be benefitted from medical facilities.
Indian Coast Guard Navik 2024 FAQs
Question: What is the age limit required for Indian Coast Guard recruitment?
Ans. Candidates from 18 years to 22 years of age can apply for Indian Coast Guard Navik.
Question: When will the application process for the Indian Coast Guard 2024 be out
Ans. 1st week of July 2024.
Question: Can a candidate with a permanent tattoo be eligible to appear in the Indian Coast Guard Navik Exam?
Ans. No, Permanent tattoos in any part of the body are not allowed for this examination.
Question: What is the exam mode for the Indian Coast Guard Exam?
Ans. It will be held in offline mode (OMR-based).