The Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) regulates JCECE 2024 to grant admissions into various disciplines such as B.V.Sc./ B.Tech/ B.E/ AH, B.Tech (Dairy Technology), B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture etc. These courses are granted admission in various government and private colleges/ universities in the state of Jharkhand. Interested candidates must register themselves on the official website of JCECEB for the examination to be eligible for admission. This entrance test is conducted at the state level.
On the basis of this exam, individuals will be able to get admission in the first year of B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture, B.Sc (Hons) Forestry, and B.F.Sc. (Fisheries Sciences), B.V.Sc. & A.H., Homeopathy courses.
JCECE 2024 Overview
|Name of the Examination||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination|
|Conducting body||JCECE Board- Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board|
|Mode of JCECE Commencement||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Mode to Register||Online|
|Exam Type||State level|
|Eligibility||Cleared 12th with PCB or PCM|
|Courses offered||Forestry, Agriculture, B.V.Sc. & A.H, BHMS, etc.|
JCECE 2024 Important Dates
|Notification Release Date||1st week of April 2024|
|Registration Commencement||4th week of April 2024|
|Last date to Apply||4th week of May 2024|
|Admit Card Issue||2nd week of June 2024|
|Exam Date||3rd week of June 2024|
|Publication of Answer key||3rd week of June 2024|
|Announcement of results||4th week of June 2024|
|Beginning of Counselling process||1st week of July 2024|
Only Indian national candidates are eligible to apply.
An applicant must be a local or permanent resident of Jharkhand state in order to be eligible for the examination.
The authorities have not defined any age limit for the B.Tech course. However, for the forestry and agriculture course, the age of the candidate should fall between 17 years and 22 years as of the date of admission. For animal husbandry, applicants should be 17 years old as of the date of admission.
- B.Tech/ B.E Course: An applicant must have passed class 12th or its equivalent from a recognized board with physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects and any one of the subjects technical vocation/ biology/ chemistry/biotechnology. He/ she should have acquired a minimum of 45% marks in the mentioned subjects.
- Agriculture & Forestry Course: It is necessary to pass class 12th with either the PCB subject group or the PCM subject group.
- Animal Husbandry Course: One must have passed class 12th with the PCB subject group.
Note: If candidates are appearing in class 12th exams, then they are also eligible to apply for the Examination.
JCECE 2024 Application Form
In the below section, we have provided the steps that you need to follow while applying for admission process:
- Applicants can only acquire the JCECE application form via online mode by going to the authorized web page of the JCECE Board.
- The application form will be available by the 4th week of April 2024.
- By filling up the application form, the candidate needs to choose the exam group of his/ her choice of PCB, PCM, and PCMB.
- The candidate must fill in one form at a time, more than one form will not be entertained by the authorities of JCECE.
- After the application form is duly filled, no changes will be made in the same.
- Candidates applying through an online medium need not send a hard copy of the application form to the JCECEB’s office.
- Candidates can use a payment gateway for the payment of the application fee i.e. credit card/ debit card/ bank network.
- The participation charges are not refundable/ non- transferrable.
|Stream||For General/ BC- I and II||For SC/ ST|
|PCB or PCM||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 450/-|
|PCMB||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 500/-|
- Exam Duration: 3 Hours
- Exam Mode: Online (Computer Based Test based)
- Language: Hindi & English
- Type of Questions: Objective (MCQs)
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark for each correct answer
- Negative Marking: -1/4th marks for each wrong answer
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Physics, chemistry & mathematics||150 (50 questions from each)||150|
|Physics, chemistry & biology||150 (50 questions from each)||150|
|Physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics||200 (50 questions from each)||200|
JCECE 2024 Results
The results will be disclosed very shortly after the exam is conducted online by JCECE Board. Candidates would be able to collect their outcomes by visiting the official website of JCECEB as soon as they are published. JCECEB 2024 Merit list will be set up on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the exam. It comprises the selection of the seats by the candidate with a higher rank. JCECE Board will release and publish two merit lists- Combined Merit List and Category-Wise on its main web portal. These lists will be utilized for seats allotment at the time of Counselling. After the merit list is released, candidates will have to submit admission applications mentioning their preferences for different degree courses for the counseling. Allocation of seats will only be done on the basis of the candidate’s choice of college or institution in multiple rounds.