JEXPO 2024: JEXPO is an abbreviation for Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnics which is a state level entrance exam conducted every year in the state of West Bengal. This entrance exam is commenced by West Bengal State Council of Technical Education every year to chose candidates in various offered programmes in the field of Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, Architecture and more. In order to get admission in polytechnic courses in the colleges of West Bengal, it is necessary for the candidates to pass this exam. Qualifying candidates will get admission in the private and government institutions/ colleges located in the state of West Bengal.
Apart from that, aspirants will be able to fill up the application form for JEXPO 2024 on the official website of the entrance exam organizing body which is West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. They can check the complete schedule for the examination on the official website of the exam board only. Candidates must prepare for the exam according to the schedule mentioned on the website. They must also satisfy the certain eligibility requirements for JEXPO 2024. Failing to satisfy the eligibility for JEXPO, candidates won’t be able to secure admission in the offered polytechnic courses. Check out complete information about JEXPO 2024 such as Important Schedule, Eligibility Requirements, How to Apply, Application Fee, Paper Pattern, Announcement of Results, Counseling, Necessary Documents Required, Etc.
JEXPO 2024 Overview
|Name of the exam
|Full form of the exam
|Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic West Bengal
|Exam conducted by
|West Bengal State Council of Technical Education
|Entrance examination mode
|Offline (pen and paper based)
|Type of Exam
|Exam conduction frequency
|Once a year
JEXPO 2024 Important Dates
|Important dates (Speculated)
|Official Notification release
|Availability of online application form
|1st week of May 2024
|Last date to apply online
|Last week of June 2024
|Admit card release date
|1st week of July 2024
|3rd week of July 2024
|Last week of July 2024
|1st week of August 2024
JEXPO 2024 Eligibility Criteria
In order to fill up JEXPO 2024 application form, candidates should get the complete details of eligibility criteria below:
- Nationality: Only citizens of Indian Nationality are eligible to apply for JEXPO 2024.
- Age Limit: The minimum age of the candidates for JEXPO 2024 is 15 years as of the date of admission.
- Qualification: Appliers who have passed 10th or equivalent examination from a recognized educational board are eligible for the exam.
- Marks: All the candidates need to secure at least 35% marks in their qualifying exam in order to be eligible.
- Subjects: Entrants should have studied the following mandatory subjects in qualifying exam- English, Mathematics and Science.
- Appearing: Candidates who are going to participate in class 10th examination for the academic year 2024 can also apply for the examination.
JEXPO 2024 Application Process
Follow the guidelines to fill up JEXPO 2024 Application Form from the points hereby:
- The application form for the exam will be accessible through online mode i.e. on the official website of West Bengal State Council of Technical Education (exam conducting authority).
- Candidates are suggested to submit their application form within the deadline of the application submission.
- Appliers have to go through various steps during the application process such as exam registration, selection of programme, uploading of documents according to the formats, application verification, and registration fee payment.
- Besides these, it is also crucial for the candidates to input their active/ working email ID & contact details in the application form for further communication purposes.
- Avoid overwriting in the application form as it can lead to form dismissal.
- Candidates will be able to pay the application fee using online facilities for instance UPI, credit card, debit card and net banking.
- Do not send or post the hard copy of filled application form to the authority.
- Keep a print of the duly filled application form for further purposes.
|For all candidates
|For Kanyashree enrollees
- The mode of JEXPO 2024 examination is offline (pen and paper based test).
- A total 2 hours will be provided for the entrants to complete the exam.
- Questions will only be Multiple Choice Questions.
- Candidates have to solve a total no. of 100 questions in JEXPO 2024 Exam.
- The only medium will be English and Bengali in JEXPO 2024.
- Positive marking of 1 mark, whereas negative marking of 0.25 marks will be there.
- The table hereby represents the detailed exam pattern:
|No. of questions
JEXPO entrance exam 2024 results will be published by the exam conducting authority. Full result schedule will be available through the authorized web portal of West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. They can obtain the result in a form of merit list prepared by the official authorities.
Participants can enter their application number and password in the student’s dashboard to check the exam scores/ result. The authority of West Bengal State Council of Technical Education will design and publish the merit list of the selected candidates based on their performance in written entrance test.
The admission will be granted on the premises of counseling session conducted by the concerned authority. The shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in the counselling process where they are required to select a college and course as per their preference. During the counselling session, they have to bring all the necessary documents for verification process. They need to produce all the original as well as xerox of the documents needed in the counselling.
- Mark sheet of 10th class & passing certificate.
- Mark sheet of 12th class & passing certificate (if applicable).
- JEXPO 2024 Admit card.
- Category certificate (if required).
- Character certificate.
- Transfer certificate.
- Passport size photographs.