RIMC Admission 2024: RIMC stands for Rashtriya Indian Military School Dehradun, which is one of the most prestigious institution offering Inter-services and Category ‘A’ formed under Ministry of Defence. The institutions was formed in the year 1992 with the aim of training boys for entry into Defense Services and to provide quality education to the boys. It is a national level entrance exam which is organized twice a year i.e. in January Session and July Session. Candidates will be granted admission in RIMC Class 6th and Class 8th. First, they have to pass the RIMC entrance exam only after that they will be eligible to get admission in Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC). Those candidates who pass this entrance exam will later have to clear a viva-voce exam followed by a medical exam which is the last stage for the final selection.
Aspirants can get the application form at the official portal of RIMC. However, before filling up the form for RIMC, candidates should gain complete knowledge about it such as RIMC 2024 Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedure, Documents Required, Selection Process, Scholarship. All such details have been given in this post.
RIMC Admission 2024 Overview
|Name of the exam||RIMC Entrance Exam 2024|
|Academic year||January 2024 and July 2024|
|Frequency of admission||Twice a year|
|Conducting body||RIMC (Rashtriya Indian Military School), Dehradun|
|Class||VI & VIII|
|Mode of application||Offline|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
RIMC Admission 2024 Important Schedule
|Events||January session||July session|
|Application form availability||September||June|
|Release of press level for state govts||September||June|
|Mathematics & English Exam date||December||June|
|General knowledge paper||December||June|
|RIMC results announcement||Update soon||Update soon|
|Classes commencing from||Update soon||Update soon|
RIMC Admission 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Students applying for RIMC must confirm the eligibility criteria before filling their application form: it is stated hereby:
- Gender: Only male candidates (boys) can apply for RIMC 2024.
- Age Criteria: Applicants must exceed the age of 11.6 years as on the date of admission. In addition to that, the appliers should not have reached the age of 13 years as on the dates specified.
- Educational qualification: Aspirants passed or presently studying in class 7th (VII) in any recognized school can apply for the exam.
- Medical standards: The boys must be medically fit in accordance with the prescribed medical standards as prescribed by RIMC.
RIMC Admission 2024 Application Form
- The candidates will be able to get the application form along with the information brochure and a booklet of previous year queries papers from the official web portal of RIMC i.e. www.rimc.gov.in.
- Later, applicants will have to make the application fee payment of INR 600/- (Rs. 555/- for the candidates of SC/ ST category).
- The payment of the application fee can be done via a demand draft drawn in favor of “THE COMMANDANT RIMC DEHRADUN”, Drawee Branch SBI Tel Bhawan, Dehradun (Bank Code 01576), Uttarakhand.
- After that the applicants need to send/ post the demand draft along with the documents given below and self-addressed slip to the address given below:
Rashtriya Indian Military College,
Garhi Cantt, Dehradun,
Pin Code 248003
- Those who get successful in making the payment of the application fee will further get their brochure-cum-application form through speed post in the self-addressed envelope.
- Once the candidates receive the application forms, they will have to fill up the necessary details as asked in the form.
- After that, they need to send the duly filled application form along with the essential requisite documents on or before the due date of form submission.
- They need not to send the application to Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC), therefore they should send the application form to the respective state government only.
- Two copies of application in specified form
- Two passport size photographs
- Birth certificate of candidate
- Candidate’s domicile certificate
- SC/ ST certificate
- Original certificate from school’s principal with attested passport size photograph, and mentioning the class and date of birth of the candidate.
The selection of the candidates will be based only on the way, the candidates perform in the entrance exam and viva-voce, followed by medical examination conducted by the officials of Rashtriya Indian Military School (RIMC).
- Question paper medium: The candidates will be able to attempt answers of General Knowledge and Mathematics papers either in English or in Hindi as per their choice.
- Total marks: RIMC 2024 paper will carry total 400 marks.
- Qualifying marks: Aspirants need to attain a minimum of 50% marks in each subject in order to qualify the entrance test.
|General knowledge||75||1 hour|
The viva-voce will be carried out to test the intelligence, confidence and personality of the candidate.
- Total marks: The viva voice exam is for a total of 50 marks.
- Qualifying marks: Aspirants must attain a minimum of 50% marks to qualify the exam.
After the written exam and viva voice exam is held successfully, shortlisted applicants will also have to undergo a medical test at the selected Military Hospital. Only those aspirants who will be declared as medically fit can secure admission in RIMC.
The concerned state governments will also offer the scholarships to the exceptionally talented meritorious students. The amount will vary according to the state and the merit of the students in the entrance examination will also be taken into consideration for scholarship. The amount of scholarships for RIMC Admission will start from Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 20,000/- per annum.