JEXPO 2024: Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnics abbreviated as JEXPO is a state level competitive entrance exam which is conducted in the state of West Bengal once a year. It is a state level polytechnic entrance test through which eligible candidates are selected in various fields of Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy, Architecture, etc. courses. West Bengal State Council of Technical Education organizes this entrance test on an yearly basis. It is obligatory for all the candidates to pass this entrance test in order to enroll in the desired course.
Eligible candidates will get admission in various diploma programs offered at various Government and Private colleges/ institutions across the state of West Bengal. After the exam is over, the conducting board will disclose a list of shortlisted candidates on its authorized website.
JEXPO 2024 Overview
|Name of the exam||JEXPO|
|Full form||Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic West Bengal|
|Exam conducting body||West Bengal State Council of Technical Education|
|Official website of JEXPO||www.webscte.co.in.|
|Entrance examination mode||Offline (pen and paper based)|
|Exam Type||State level|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
JEXPO 2024 Important Dates
|Official Notification release||May 2024|
|Availability of online application form||1st week of May 2024|
|Last date to apply online||Last week of June 2024|
|Admit card release date||1st week of July 2024|
|Exam date||3rd week of July 2024|
|Result declaration||Last week of July 2024|
|Counseling process||1st week of August 202|
- Nationality: Only citizens belonging to Indian Nationality are eligible to appear in the exam.
- Age Limit: Applicants must not be less than 15 years.
- Qualification: Candidates qualifying class 10th or equivalent examination from any recognized board of education are eligible.
- Marks: It is vital for the participants to have attained at least 35% marks in their qualifying exam.
- Subjects: Candidates must have studied compulsory subjects in qualifying exam- Science, Mathematics and English.
- Appearing: Appearing candidates in class SSC examination for the academic year 2024 can also take up the examination.
JEXPO 2024 Application Form
- The application form will be obtainable through online mode on the official website of JEXPO conducting authority i.e. West Bengal State Council of Technical Education.
- It is recommended to submit the application form before the last date its submission.
- The Application procedure go through a few phases such as exam registration, selection of course, uploading documents, application verification, and fee payment for registration.
- It is equally important for the aspirants to fill their active/ working email ID & contact details in the application form.
- Candidates are advised to not do any overwriting anything in the application form as it can lead to the dismissal of application form.
- Therefore, participants must make sure to fill all the details precisely and in authentic form in the application form.
- Entrants can pay the application fee via online mode using credit card, UPI, debit card and internet banking.
- Participants need not to send the hard/ print copy of duly filled application form to the authority.
- At last, aspirants should generate a printout of the duly filled application form for further use.
|For all candidates||Rs. 450/-|
|For Kanyashree enrollees||Rs. 225/-|
- The examination mode will be held offline (pen and paper based written test).
- Total 2 hours will be allocated to complete the offline examination.
- Questions will be Multiple Choice.
- A total no. of 100 questions will be there in the test.
- English and Bengali is the only medium of the exam.
- +1 mark will be awarded for every right answer, whereas 0.25 marks will be subtracted for every incorrect answer.
Check the tabular representation for detailed exam pattern:
|Course||No. of questions|
Result/ Merit List
The outcome for entrance exam will be published according to the conducting authority which is West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. The authorities will update the schedule of result through the official website of West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. Participants can check out the result in a form of merit list. The result is likely to be released in the last week of July 2024.
Meanwhile, exam participants will have to input their application number and password to check the result/ exam scores. The authorities of West Bengal State Council of Technical Education will assemble and publish the merit list of the candidates on the basis of their accomplishment in written entrance test.
To participate in the counseling process, candidates are required to register themselves most probably from the 1st week of August 2024. JEXPO Counseling procedure 2024 will be organized as per the entrant’s rank in merit list.
Candidates will have to register online to take part in the counseling. They need to fill in their choices of courses and colleges according to their rank. They need to report to the allotted college with requisite documents and fees, after they get seats.
For the document verification process, students have to possess their original documents along with their xerox.
- JEXPO rank card and admit card
- 10th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- 12th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- Category certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Character certificate
- Passport size photograph