Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry going to organize an admission process for the interested students in the undergraduate medical MBBS program. It is a national-level entrance test through which admission will be offered in 200 MBBS seats. Candidates will have to qualify for this entrance test by acquiring minimum cut-off marks for admission. A qualified candidate will be enrolled in the JIPMER Puducherry, Karaikal campuses, and other institutions. It has invited online application forms for July session in Post Doctoral Certificate Courses and Post Doctoral Fellowship.
Go through the complete article to get more details regarding JIPMER 2023.
JIPMER 2023 Highlights
|Admission to||JIPMER, Puducherry MBBS Medical Courses|
|Admission managing authority||Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry|
|Exam type||Undergraduate level|
|Courses offered||Medical MBBS Courses|
JIPMER 2023 Important Dates
|Application form releases||June 2023|
|Due date to submit the application form||Last week of June 2023|
|Availability of hall ticket||4th week of June to 1st week of July 2023|
|JIPMER Exam||July 2023|
|Result/Merit list declaration||3rd week of July 2023|
|First counseling||4th week of July 2023|
|Second counseling||August 2023|
|Third counseling||August 2023|
|Final counseling||September 2023|
- Nationality: Indian national & Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) category candidates can appear for the examination.
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify 10+2 level of examination with any recognized board or university in order to apply for the exam.
- Mandatory Subject: Candidates must have studied Physics/ Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology with English as a mandatory subject in the qualifying exam in order to be eligible for entrance exam.
- Percentage: Candidates must have attained 50% marks in the qualifying examination, OPH- general category should score a minimum of 45% marks and 40% marks for all reserved category candidates.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the intermediate examination will be eligible for the examination too.
- Age Limit: Candidates must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission. There will be no upper age limit to apply for JIPMER.
- No age relaxation will be there for reserved category candidates for JIPMER.
JIPMER 2023 Application Form
All the contenders will have to fill out the application form online mode. Just follow the steps given below in order to fill the JIPMER Application form 2023:
- Visit the official web portal of JIPMER- www.jipmer.edu.in.
- After opening the website, you are required to fill in your personal, communications, and educational details in the application form.
- Most importantly you have to provide your valid email id and phone number in the form.
- Upload all required documents including passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format as asked in the form.
- After the submission of all the details, pay the application charges through online mode. You can pay the same through a credit card, debit card, net banking, or any other available payment gateway.
- Lastly, do not forget to keep a few prints of the application form for further use.
|UR & P-UR||INR 1500/-|
|OBC/ P-OBC||INR 1500/-|
|SC/ST & P-SC/ ST||INR 1200/-|
|OCI/ NRI||INR 3000/-|
- Exam Mode: The JIPMER examination will be commenced via online (computer-based) mode.
- Number of Questions: There will be a total number of 200 questions in the question paper of JIPMER.
- Question Type: The question paper will involve all Multiple Choice Questions (Objective Based).
- Language medium: The examination will be held in the English language only.
- Total sections: There will be total of 5 sections in the JIPMER question paper.
- Marking scheme: Each correct answer will get 4 marks.
Check out the following table below for distribution of questions & marking:
|Subjects||Total no. of questions|
|English language and comprehension||10|
|Logical & quantitative reasoning||10|
JIPMER 2023 Merit List
- Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry will publish the merit list for each exam participant on its official website.
- It will be available in online mode, therefore candidates can check it by visiting the official website.
- Candidates are required to clear every section of the exam in order to qualify for the final selection procedure.
- Candidates will be able to check the result by entering their username and password on the web portal of the institute.
- The result can be downloaded/ saved in a form of a merit list.
- For every category, a separate merit list will be released.
- The result will mention the participant’s name, application number, category, marks secured etc.
JIPMER 2023 Counseling
Candidates will have to register themselves in order to appear for the counselling process. It will be mandatory for all candidates to report for the counselling process in person. The counseling process will get conducted in total 4 rounds.
Candidates will receive counselling call letter prior to the conduction of counselling. It will be also important for candidates to produce their call letter at the time of counselling. The following documents will be required at the time of during counseling rounds:
- 10th& 12thMarksheet
- 10th& 12thcertificate
- Rank Letter
- Admit card
- Transfer certificate
- Category certificate (if required)
- Residence certificate
- Character certificate
- Birth certificate
- Multiple passport size photographs