JKCET 2023: Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test is a state-level examination that is regulated every year. JKBOPEE (Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination) manages this examination and others for admission to courses such as Engineering (B.Tech) and Architecture (B.Arch) programs respectively. Candidates will get admission in these courses via private as well as government-based institutions located in the state of Jammu & Kashmir. The Application Form for JKCET will be released in the 4th week of February 2023 via online medium only. Therefore, those candidates who are seeking admission in various UG engineering courses offered at various Govt. and Private colleges across the country must apply for JKCET before the last date.
JKCET 2023 Highlights
|Name of the exam||Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test 2023|
|Type of exam||Undergraduate|
|Level of exam||State Level|
|Conducting body||JKBOPEE (Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination)|
|Exam date||2nd week of May 2023|
|Duration of exam||3 hrs|
JKCET 2023 Important Dates
|Application form starts date||3rd week of January 2023|
|Last date to submit the form||4th week of February 2023|
|Availability of admit card||4th week of April 2023|
|Date of exam||2nd week of May 2023|
|Result||4th week of May 2023|
|Counseling/ Admission procedure||1st week of July 2023|
- Nationality: Applicant must be of Indian Nationality.
- Age Limit: The minimum age of the candidate must be 17 years as of 31st December 2023 to be eligible for admission.
- Qualification: Candidates must class 10+2 or its equivalent from any recognized educational board.
- Qualifying Marks: Applicants must acquire at least 50% Marks (45% marks for reserved category candidates) to be eligible for the JKCET examination.
- Subjects: Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Appearing: Candidates who are going to appear in the 12th or equivalent exam in 2023 can also apply for admission.
JKCET 2023 Application Process
- The availability of the application form will be through online mode only.
- No application forms can be expected offline at all.
- The application form will be provided in the month of January till the fourth week of February 2023.
- While filling in the correct details, candidates must make sure to upload the scanned images of signature, photo, and thumb impression in the given format such as JPG/ JPEG only.
- The size of the photo should not exceed 500 KB whereas the size of the thumb impression and marks certificate should not be over 200 KB.
- Candidates are also required to upload a copy of the permanent resident certificate, marks certificate, and category certificate as per the specifications only.
- Once the form is completely filled, take a printout of it for further references.
- Applicants have to complete the application fee payment which is mandatory for all the categories. The amount of the fee for all the categories is Rs 1200/-
- You will get an option to make the payment via offline or online mode.
- If the applicant is proceeding with the online payment mode then get it done via HDFC payment option via credit card or debit card.
- For the offline mode, you can make the payment via bank challan at any of the branches of HDFC bank or Jammu & Kashmir bank.
- There will be two papers that involve PCB and PCM.
- 60 questions per subject will be there.
- The JKCET question paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions.
- One mark will be awarded for each correct answer in JKCET. There is negative marking as well which means the subtraction of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer given on paper.
- Stream A (PCM & PCB) will include 120 questions for the subjects Chemistry and Physics. The time allotted will be for 2 hours.
- Stream B (PCB), will comprise 60 questions from biology and the time duration will be for one hour.
- The last paper is Stream C which is PCM and it will consist of a Mathematics subject with 60 questions for a one-hour time duration.
Seat Reservation Details:
- 50% is the reservation for the General (GEN) category.
- 25% for Other Backward Class (OBC)
- 8% for Scheduled Caste (SC)
- 11% for Scheduled Tribe (ST)
- 3% for Children of Defense Personnel
- 2% for Sports Quota
JKCET 2023 Counseling Process
The candidate will receive a call for the counseling process on the basis of the merit list. The counseling schedule will be released via online mode on the official website and also in the English newspapers. Candidates will get the counseling letter via online mode through the official website of JKCET/ JKBOPEE only. Selected candidates are required to carry the original certificates and the counseling fee of Rs. 500/-. Candidates will have to choose the college as well as the course/program as per their preferences/choices.