Those candidates who are aspiring to take admission in the MCA program at Jawaharlal National University must apply before the last date of application. All the eligible candidates are required to clear the entrance exam i.e. JNUEE for admission into the JNU MCA Course. The entrance exam is led by National Testing Agency every year. The MCA course offered at JNU is of 3 years duration. JNUEE 2023 Application Form will be made accessible via online mode in the month of March 2023. Candidates must apply for it before the last date to avoid any inconvenience at the last moment.
JNU is one of the prestigious universities in India and its entrance examination is difficult to crack that’s why aspirants are told to prepare for the test really well. The JNUEE exam is expected to be held in the month of May 2023. For thorough details on JNU MCA Admission 2023, check out the complete post below. We have mentioned some key details of JNU MCA for instance important dates, eligibility criteria, the application process, exam pattern, result, and counseling, etc.
JNU MCA Admission 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||JNUEE (Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination)|
|Organizing department||National Testing Agency|
|Admission to||Master of Computer Applications (MCA)|
|Mode of exam||Offline mode (Pen and Paper Based Test)|
|Exam date||May 2023|
|Level of exam||National Level|
|Language of exam||English|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
JNU MCA Admission 2023 Important Dates
|The online application process begins from||March 2023|
|Last date to apply||March 2023|
|Exam date||May 2023|
|Result declaration||May 2023|
|Registration for admission||June 2023|
|Last date to pay the admission fee||June 2023|
|Closure of admission||June 2023|
Before availing of the online application form, candidates should ensure that they meet the certain eligibility criteria laid down by the authority for appearing in the exam. Failing the requirements, candidates won’t be allowed to give the test. Check out the eligibility criteria for the JNU MCA exam as mentioned below:
- Qualifying examination: Candidates are required to clear a valid bachelor’s degree in any discipline (as per the 10+2+3 pattern) from a recognized educational university with mathematics as a mandatory subject either in graduation or at the 10+2 level.
- Minimum percentage required: Candidates must acquire at least 55% marks in the qualifying examination i.e. UG degree.
- Appearing candidates: Those applicants who are appearing in the final year of their graduation can also apply for the exam. However, they should have completed the graduation at the time of counseling.
JNU MCA Application Form
- The official application form for JNU MCA 2023 will be available online mode through the official website.
- Firstly, candidates’ registration is required for which they have to provide the basic details like name, father’s name, email, DOB, etc.
- After registration, the candidates will be able to access the online application form in which they have to enter all the necessary educational, contact, and personal details.
- In addition, the candidates also need to upload scanned copies of passport-size photographs and signatures as per the mentioned specifications in the form.
- After providing all the information and uploading the documents, candidates have to pay the required application fee (non-refundable).
- It is recommended that the aspirants must get the printouts of the submitted application form for future reference.
The application charges are different for each category of applicant. Check the same in the table below:
|General applicants||INR 530/-|
|OBC/ ST/ SC/ PWD applicants||INR 310/-|
|Foreign applicants||US $ 100/-|
|BPL applicants||INR 110/-|
The candidates can pay the application fee via the help of online payment gateways using a credit card, debit card or internet banking.
Before appearing for the JNUEE 2023, aspirants are suggested to carefully get the details of exam pattern 2023 as it will help the candidates in preparing well for the same.
- Mode of Exam: Offline (Pen & Paper Based Exam)
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Type of Questions: JNUEE 2023 will consist of objective-type multiple-choice questions.
- Subjects: General aptitude, mathematics, reasoning, and computer science
- Marking Pattern: Aspirants will get 1 mark for each correct answer in JNUEE 2023.
JNU MCA 2023 Result and Counseling Process
Applicants should visit the authorized web page of JNU in order to check the result of the JNU MCA 2023. The official exam managing authority of JNU MCA 2023 will publish a merit list based on the marks secured by the candidates in the exam. Those participants whose name appears in the merit list will get invited for the counseling process. Qualified candidates will be required to fill the pre-allotment form in order to register for the counseling procedure. Post the counseling registration; they’ll undergo a document verification process.