KEA (Karnataka Examinations Authority) manages and conducts KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) for admission into Engineering, B.Pharma, Architecture, and various other courses. The admission will be provided in various govt and private institutions of the state. Admission to dental/medical or AYUSH courses will be provided on the basis of NEET scores. And to the architecture course, admission will be provided through NATA or JEE Main scores. Candidates need to apply online before the 3rd week of April 2023. Through this article, applicants will get all the details related to KCET 2023.
- B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering, Food Technology, Dairy Technology, Food Science and Technology.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- B.Sc. (Home Science)
- B.Sc. Forestry, Agriculture, Sericulture, Horticulture, B.Sc. Agro Bio-Technology
- B.F.Sc. (Fisheries)
- B.Sc. (Agro Marketing)
- Kannada language test is specifically organized for the candidates only in Bangalore. Such candidates have to chose their exam city as Bangalore only.
- The examination center for Common Entrance Test will be allotted by the KEA Computers on random basis. Furthermore, candidates will not be able to request for change in the same.
- No candidate will be eligible for securing admission if they fail to pass their qualifying exam before the beginning of counseling and admission process.
- Candidates must keep their KCET admit card safe and secure till the whole admission process is completed.
- For admission to B.Arch course, the candidates have to pass the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA).
KCET 2023 Important Dates
|Official notification release||March 2023|
|Online registration begins||April 2023|
|Last date to register||3rd week of April 2023|
|Admit card availability||3rd week of June 2023|
|Entrance exam date||7th and 8th July 2023|
|Final answer key release date||July 2023|
|Result declaration||3rd week of July 2023|
|Counseling process begins||4th week of July 2023|
- Candidates must be a citizen of India in order to be eligible for admission.
- Students appearing in the final year of their examination can also apply. They just need to submit proof of passing the qualifying exam during counseling.
For B.Tech/B.E- Candidates must have cleared class 12th with 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Electronic, Computer Science. 5% of relaxation for SC/ST category.
For B.Pharma – Students must have passed class 12th with 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology from a recognized board. 5% of relaxation for SC/ST category.
B.V.Sc. & A.H. – Students must have cleared 12th with 50% marks in PCB and English. 5% of relaxation for SC/ST category.
B.Arch- Candidates must have passed class 12th with 50 % marks. Mathematics should be a compulsory subject. Students must hold a valid scorecard of JEE Main (Paper 2) or NATA.
BDS/MBBS/AYUSH courses- Students must have cleared 12th with 50% marks in PCB. English must be a compulsory subject in 12th. Also, they must have a valid scorecard of NEET.
KCET 2023 Application form
- The application form is available in online mode from April 2023.
- Applicants must submit the application form before the 3rd week of April 2023.
- The application procedure will include some steps such as exam registration, exam selection, uploading documents, application verification, and fee payment.
- During the registration process, candidates will also have to provide their email ID & contact details in the application form. Any mistake in the application form will lead to a correction.
- The correction facility will also be provided by the authority to correct any mistakes made in the application form.
- Candidates will be able to pay the application fee via both offline and online modes using credit cards, debit cards, and net banking. Applicants outside India need to submit DD in favor of the Executive director, Karnataka Examination.
- Candidates will receive all the important information related to the application form on their registered ID & phone number.
- Lastly, candidates must take out a hard copy of the duly filled application form for future references.
|GM/ 2A/ 2B/ 3A / 3B candidates of Karnataka||Rs. 500/-|
|Female/SC/ST candidates||Rs. 250/-|
|Candidates outside India||Rs. 5000/-|
|Candidates outside Karnataka||Rs. 750/-|
- The examination mode will be held through offline mode.
- 80 minutes will be provided to complete each paper.
- Questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- Total marks will be 180
|Subjects||No. of questions|
The examination syllabus will be prepared and based on the class 12th level and cover various topics from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and mathematics. The syllabus will be prescribed by the Department of Pre University Education of Karnataka state.
KCET 2023 FAQs
Question: What is the official web portal of KCET?
Ans. The official website is www.kea.kar.nic.in.
Question: Where can candidates register for the KCET?
Ans. Candidates are required to register through the official website of KEA.
Question: When will the KCET online registration starts?
Ans. In the month of April 2023.
Question: Which authority will conduct KCET?
Ans. It is conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority.
Question: When will KCET admit card be released?
Ans. The admit card will be released on the 3rd week of June 2023.
Question: In which mode, the result will be declared?
Ans. The result will be published on the official website of KEA– www.kea.kar.nic.in.
Question: In which mode, fee payment can be made?
Ans. The application fee can be paid through debit card, credit card, internet banking, and offline mode both.
Question: What is the educational qualification required for B.Pharm?
Ans. Students need to clear class 12th with 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology from a recognized board. 5% of relaxation will be provided for SC/ST category.