Karnataka State Eligibility Test is an entrance conducted for the recruitment of lecturers and professors in the prestigious universities of Karnataka. Candidates who have an interest in making their career in the field of teaching must appear for this exam. However, the online registration began in February 2023 and ended in May 2023. Applicants must visit the official website of KSET to check any updates regarding the exam. However, the entrance test date has been postponed for now. Therefore you can check the full schedule of KSET 2023 below.
KSET 2023 Highlights
|Full –form||Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Conducting body||University of Mysore|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Appointed as||Assistant professor|
KSET 2023 Important Dates
|Official notification release date||1st week of February 2023|
|Online application form release date||2nd week of April 2023|
|Last date of application form submission||3rd week April 2023|
|Admit card release date||To be released|
|Entrance exam date||To be announced|
|Provisional Answer key release date||To be announced|
|Final answer key release date||To be announced|
|Result declaration||To be announced|
- Candidates must hold a master’s degree with 55% marks from any recognized university. However, the reserved category needs to score at least 50% marks.
- Candidates who are pursuing their master’s degree or are in the final year of their degree are also eligible to apply.
- Students must apply for the KSET exam in the relevant subject they had in post-graduation.
- Candidates other than Karnataka state can only apply under the general category only. However, candidates of Karnataka state have to submit respective category certificates.
- There is no such upper limit for the KSET exam.
KSET 2023 Application Form
The entire application process will be completed through online mode. Follow the steps provided below:
- Firstly, candidates need to visit the official web portal of the University of Mysore.
- Meanwhile, complete the registration by providing their personal details such as name, father’s name, DOB, contact details, email id, etc.
- After completing this, a user id and password will be generated on the candidate’s contact no. They need to log in to the application form by using these credentials.
- Once you log in, enter your professional, educational details, and communication details. Along with this, upload your documents including your photograph and signature in the format as prescribed in the application form.
- The application process will not be completed without paying the application fee. Therefore you can pay fees by debit card, credit card, and internet banking.
- At the same time, candidates must not forget that the application form will be submitted through online mode only and there will be no other mode of form submission. Also, make sure to take out a few prints of the application form after its submission.
|Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB||INR 950/-|
|Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD (VH/PH)||INR 650/-|
Documents Required for Application Form
- 10th mark sheet.
- 12th mark sheet.
- Graduation passing certificate
- Post-graduation certificate
- Migration certificate/Transfer certificate.
|Session||Paper||Max. marks||No. of questions||Duration|
|First- general knowledge and aptitude||I||100||50||1 hour|
|Second- Candidate’s choice subject||II||200||100||2 hours|
Note- The examination will be offline.
KSET 2023 Result
The result will be declared online. The University of Mysore will publish the results on its official website. You can check the result by entering your roll number and date of birth. Shortlisted candidates will be later appointed to the post of lecturer, assistant professor, etc.
Salary and Benefits
The complete structure of salary for the KSET Recruitment 2023 is provided hereby:
- For an individual who clear KSET exams, the salary at entry-level will be offered between INR 25000/- to 40000/-.
- After the completion of the probation period, the candidates will get a hike in their basic pay.
- The candidate will get many advantages such as Dear Allowances, Perks and Grade Pay as per the 7th pay commission.
- Under the 7th pay commission, candidates will receive salary in eights bands 9300 – 34800, 5200 – 20200, 67000 – 79000, 15600 – 39100, 75500 – 80000, 37400 – 67000, 90000, 80000
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official web portal to fill KSET application form?
Ans. The official website is www.kset.uni.mysore.ac.in
Question: What are the selection criteria for Karnataka Teacher Eligibility Test?
Ans. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks secured by the students in the entrance exam.
Question: What is the mode of merit list declaration?
Ans. The merit list will be released online on the website of the University of Mysore
Question: What will be the mode of the KSET exam 2023?
Ans. The entrance exam mode will be offline
2 thoughts on “KSET 2023 Notification, Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern”
I am married to a Banglore guy , and i am a permanent resident of Karnataka now. Do i have to make any document to produce for the exam? My aadhar card is from the previous state where I was staying, do i have to reapply aadhar card for Karnataka, in order to apply for the exam? Pls help me out.
I am married to a Banglore guy , and i am a permanent resident of Karnataka now. Do i have to make any document to produce for the exam?