LLM Admission 2023: For the vast majority of law students, further education is the next step after law school. Whenever it comes to PG legal degrees after the academic undergrad or professional law school, the Master of Law (LLM) is among the most desired for. Individuals who get an LLM can explore a variety of high-level careers, such as Judge, Oath Commissioners, Advocate, Professional Associate, Trustees, and others.
LLM Admission 2023: Specializations
The following are the many specializations available in LLM:
- Taxation Law: It is a legal specialization that entails the study of tax law as well as the numerous rules that govern taxes.
- Family Law: It is a legal specialization that focuses on family law issues such as separation, custody of children, domestic violence, and the settlement agreement of family assets, among others.
- Constitutional Law: It is the research of constitutional guidelines and rules, their compliance, and infringement for firms, legal judicial systems, and legal consultancies.
- Human Rights: This area of law focuses on human rights compliance and violations at the provincial, local, regional, and global levels.
- Criminal Law: Criminal Law is an LLM specialization that focuses on crime and punishment, covering international crime, charges, causality, forensics, and so forth.
- Environmental Law: Environmental Law is an LLM specialization that focuses on national legislation relating to long-term economic growth.
- Insurance Law: This LLM focuses on the application of insurance law, which includes the conditions and obligations of any insurance policy.
- Intellectual Property Law: Intellectual Property Law is a specialization that encompasses all intellectual property rights, including creative works, expressions, phrases, patterns, signs, and inventions.
Eligibility Requirements for LLM
Applicants interested in pursuing a Master’s degree in Law must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant should have a 55 percent aggregate in an undergraduate LLB degree, a professional legal degree under 10+2+5, or any one of the comparable programs (50 percent for reserved categories & disabled).
- The test is open to students of all ages, and there are no age limits.
- In terms of specific institutions and entrance examinations, the admission of students and the process of selection into LLM varies. Candidates, on the other hand, are admitted based on their merit assessment.
There are a number of entrance examinations that are held in order to enroll students in LLM programs. The entrance examinations are the most important deciding element for the majority of institutions when it comes to enrolling students. As a result, as mentioned in the section beneath, one must be completely aware of the deadlines and other criteria.
National-Level Entrance Exams
For your convenience, we’ve included a few of the major national-level entrance examinations that are used to enroll candidates for LLM admissions.
CLAT 2023 will be held in India for admission to 22 NLUs. Many self-financed law institutions and universities use CLAT test scores as a standard.
It is a national entrance exam administered by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences to provide admission to postgraduate and undergraduate programs in areas like as arts, political science, mathematics, and social sciences. TISSNET results are accepted by the TATA Institute of Social Sciences.
The LSAT is an admissions test for law school. The LSAT is a law school admissions exam administered by Pearson VUE India on account of the Law School Admission Council (LSAC).
The National Testing Agency (NTA) administers the DU LLM Entrance Exam on behalf of Delhi University for admission to different undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in areas like arts, commerce, law, engineering, science, and education. The Delhi University accepts the results of the DU LLM Entrance Exam.
The SAAT entrance test is held for admission to Pharmacy, Engineering, Nursing, Law, Agriculture, and Hotel Management UG and PG programs.
CUCET is a national test for entrance that is held to give a single moment of time for candidates for getting entry to 14 Central Universities of India’s undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs. Chandigarh University accepts CUCET results.
AJEE is a national-level entrance exam that is conducted to grant admission to various Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree programs.
University-Level Entrance Exams
The IPU CET is a computerized entrance exam for admittance to numerous undergraduate and graduate programs in the fields of medicine, engineering, law, dentistry, and management.
The All India Law Entrance Test is a national curriculum test held annually by the National Law University in Delhi. Through AILET, applicants are selected for programs such as LLB, B.A, LLM, and Doctorate.
The BHU PET is a test for students applying to postgraduate programs in humanities, fine arts, communication, performing science, arts, commerce, engineering, mass communication, management, and other fields.
LLM Admission 2023 Tentative Dates
|Tentative Application Date
|Tentative Examination Date
LLM Admission Procedure
- Stage 1: After registering, applicants must wait for notice of the access of an online application form, which is typically available in the month of May.
- Stage 2: Upon completing out the registration form with the right information, the applicant has one month to complete and submit the application.
- Stage 3: It is critical to upload the needed papers and submit the application money; else, the registration form will be rejected.
- Stage 4: Applications are invited to many institutions and colleges as they like for LLM programs, but narrowing down to the top three is always the best option.
- Stage 5: The admission test allows candidates to pick from a variety of exam centers based on their preferences.
- Stage 6: After receiving the application ID, a correspondence address and information of the most recent qualifying examination must be provided.
- Stage 7: Applicants must take the entrance test on the specified day, as stated on the site and on the admission card.
- Stage 8: Institutes will reveal their cut-off lists when the results are announced. Only those applicants who have passed the cut-off will be invited to apply for admission to the LLM program.
LLM Admission 2023: Top Colleges & Fees
The following are the top colleges/universities in India for LLM enrollment:
|Annual Average Fee
|Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneshwar
|Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal
|University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
|Chandigarh University, Punjab
|Lovely Professional University, Punjab
|Brainware University, Kolkata
|Amity University, Manesar, Gurgaon
|The ICFAI University, Raipur