For the candidates who want to pursue the Chartered Accountancy course, Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is a gateway for them. It is an entry-level examination that is organized every year and lakhs of candidates participate in this exam. The Institute of Chartered Accountants is responsible for organizing this examination at the national level. The examination consists of basically four sections i.e. Quantitative Aptitude, General Economics, Mercantile Laws, Accounting. The exam basically tests the candidate’s knowledge in these subject areas. Moreover, students who have passed class 10th can also apply for CA CPT. The examination is organized basically two times a year i.e. in June and December. Those candidates who are interested in applying for CA CPT Test can appear for the same by registering through the official web browser. Get all the essential details regarding CA CPT 2023 such as eligibility criteria, admit card, admit card, result, etc.
CA CPT 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||CA CPT|
|Full form||Chartered Accountancy Common Proficiency Test|
|Organizing department||Institute of Chartered Accountants of India|
|Exam date||June 2023|
|Examination level||National Level|
|Medium of Exam||English/ Hindi|
CA CPT 2023 Important Dates
|The online application process begins from||1st week of February 2023|
|Last date to apply||3rd week of April 2023|
|Without late fee correction||1st week of May 2023|
|With late fee correction||May to June 2023|
|Exam date||June 2023|
|Result declaration||July 2023|
Eligibility Requirements for CA CPT
Before applying for the examination, candidates need to go through the below-mentioned eligibility criteria and ensure to confirm it:
- Applying candidate must have passed class 10th and 12th from a recognized educational board in order to be eligible.
- Those applicants who have completed graduation in commerce and must have scored at least 55% marks are also eligible to appear for the examination.
- Those candidates who hold undergraduate and post-graduate degrees from Open University are exempted from appearing in the entry-level test.
- Final year appearing candidates are eligible to apply for CA CPT.
CA CPT 2023 Application Form
- Firstly, the aspirants have to visit the official portal.
- The official web browser is: www.icai.org
- In the first step, candidates need to register themselves by providing their basic details as required.
- The details will be including the candidate’s name, date of birth, gender, mobile number.
- After that, you will be registered as an applicant.
- Now you can log in via id and password sent on the registered email id.
- Also provide other details like Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Address, Category, Nationality, Medium of Study, Educational Qualification, etc.
- Upload your recent passport-sized photograph as per the specifications.
- Make the payment before submitting the application form
- Keep the fee receipt and copy of the application form to other uses.
The application fee of Rs.1000/- must be submitted for centers in India, US $ 300/- for Muscat, Dubai, Doha, and Abu Dhabi, and Rs. 1700/-for Kathmandu center.
The payment can be made online by Debit Card/ Credit Card/ VISA/ Master.
- The examination will be organized in two shifts.
- The first shift will be from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- The 2nd shift will be conducted from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Only objective types of questions will be there in the test.
- The total marks in the exam will be 200 marks.
- A negative marking of ¼ of marks will be there per question.
|First Session||Sec-A: Fundamentals of Accounting||40|
|Sec-B: Mercantile Laws||60|
|Second Session||Sec-C: General Economics||50|
|Sec-D: Quantitative Aptitude||50|
CA CPT 2023 Cutoff
The cut-off for CA-CPT for the year 2023 has not been announced yet. The cut-off for all the categories will be released soon after the announcement of the results by the authorities. Participants have to score the minimum marks set by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India to qualify for the Common Proficiency Course (CPC). In both the sections, candidates have to score a minimum of 50% average together and a minimum of 30% marks in every section.
|IGNOU MBA Admission||DU MBA Admission|
CA CPT 2023 Exam Result
The result will be announced by the ICAI after the examination process completion. Visit the official website in order to view the results. Only registered candidates and candidates who have appeared in the exam will be able to see the results.
4 thoughts on “CA CPT 2023 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Fees, Pattern”
My doubt is…I am intermediate 2nd year..now_can I do Registration in Feb and…attend to my IPE examination.and .then Attend to CACPT in June!?
Is the exam all object because I read somewhere that 2 papers are objective and 2 are subjective
Yaa it was also given that the paper was of 400 marks
Thanks for instructions by the way in present I study in class 11