MERI Exam 2022: Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata organizes an entrance exam every year for the students seeking admission in the same. Its headquarters is located in Calcutta with a branch in Mumbai. Earlier, the institute was named as Directorate of Marine Engineering Training. The application process for admission to MERI was stated in January 2022. Eligible candidates have to pass the entrance test for admission at MERI.
By qualifying for this test, candidates will be offered admission to the 3-year course of B.Sc. Nautical Sciences Degree at T.S. Chanakya, Navi Mumbai, 3 year Polyvalent B.Sc. Maritime Sciences Degree at MERI (Marine Engineering & Research Institute), Mumbai, and 4-year Marine Engineering Degree at Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata. The admission will be provided through MERI or JEE entrance examination. In the full post below, we have listed all the important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, etc. regarding MERI Exam 2022.
MERI Exam 2022 Highlights
|Name of the exam||MERI|
|Full form||Marine Engineering and Research Institute|
|Exam conducting body||Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata|
|Type of exam||Undergraduate based|
|Level of exam||State Level|
|Entrance Exam mode||Pen and Paper Based mode|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
MERI Exam 2022 Important Dates
|Availability of online application form||January 2022|
|Last date to apply online||Last week of January 2022|
|Admit card||3rd week of February 2022|
|Exam date||4th week of February 2022|
|Result||Last week of February 2022|
It is very important to know the eligibility criteria before applying for any entrance exam/ admission online. Eligibility requirements regarding MERI Exam 2022 are listed below for the applicant’s reference:
- Educational Requirements: Applicants have to clear HSC exams from a recognized board like the state board for appearing in the entrance exam.
- Subject: Applicants must have studied PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) and English subjects in SSC & HSC.
- Minimum Marks: General and OBC category applicants need to secure at least 60% marks in the HSC exam whereas; SC/ ST category candidates should acquire a minimum of 55% or more in the HSC exam.
- Age Criteria: The age of the general category applicants should not be more than 30 or 35 years of age at the time of admission.
MERI Exam 2022 Application Form
- MERI 2022 Application forms are released on the official website of the Maritime Engineering and Research Institute.
- After confirming their eligibility, candidates have to open the official portal of the MERI Exam and avail of the application form.
- Candidates can download the application form through the official website or it can be acquired from the university also.
- In the application form, applicants have to enter their basic personal, educational, and contact info.
- Attach the documents/ certificates as asked in the application form.
- Make the payment of the application fee via bank challan, net banking, debit card, and credit card. The submission of the application fee should be done before the last date.
|General category||INR 1000/-|
|SC/ ST category||INR 800/-|
- The only medium of the MERI Exam will be Hindi and English.
- The applicant can choose the language at the time of filling out the application form.
- Questions will be MCQ-type questions, analytical, reasoning ability, and test comprehension in the examination.
- The MERI entrance exam will be a combination of two tests.
- A total of 3 hours will be allotted to the applicants to solve the paper for each test.
- No negative marking will be there in MERI 2022.
- The questions in the test will be based on the below-mentioned subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Marine Engineering Degree (4 years) – MERI Marine Engineering & Research Institute in Kolkata.
- 3 years Polyvalent B.Sc. (Maritime Sciences) Degree– MERI (Marine Engineering & Research Institute in Mumbai).
- 3 years B.Sc. (Nautical Sciences) Degree– Chanakya in Navi Mumbai.
MERI Exam Result
The applicants who appeared in the entrance test have to download the scorecard and then print it. The results will be published on the authorized website of MERI and the notification will also be available for the same. The conducting board will provide admission to eligible candidates on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination only. They will not receive any score card through post or any other offline mode. The result and scorecard of MERI Exam 2022 can only be downloaded via the official portal. Applicants have to produce a copy of the result at the counseling center.
MERI 2022 Counseling Procedure
Those applicants who will have their names shortlisted in the merit list; they will be called out for the counseling session. The counseling schedule will be provided to the candidates through authority and they have to be physically present there with the required documents for verification. The counseling process will include steps such as document verification, choice filling, and seat allotment. After the completion of the admission procedure, the seat will be provided to the candidates in various institutes.