The NEET PG 2023 examination will be held in April 2023. Each year, the National Board of Examination (NBE) conducts the NEET-PG, a national-level admission test. This entrance test is held to provide admission to MS, MD, post-MBBS DNB, PG diploma, and NBE diploma programs. NEET PG scores are required for admission to these programs at different medical schools and institutes. No other state or institution-level entrance test score would be accepted for admission to the courses listed.
NEET PG 2023: Important Dates
Applicants may find the full NEET PG Exam dates for the 2023 term in the table beneath:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|Notification Release||February 2023 (4th week)|
|Online Application Commencement||February 2023 (4th week)|
|Applying Online Last Date||March 2023 (2nd to 3rd week)|
|For all applicants, a correction opportunity has opened||March 2023 (3rd week)|
|The Final Correction window appears, allowing you to correct pictures such as photographs, thumb impressions, and signatures||April 2023 (1st week)|
|Admit Card Availability||April 2023 (2nd week)|
|Date of Exam||April 2023 (3rd week)|
|Result Announcement||May 2023 (4th week)|
NEET PG 2023 Application Form
The following are the full information regarding the application form:
- The online registration/application procedure will begin in the fourth week of February 2023.
- Applicants would be able to complete out their application forms just online.
- Students must undergo a process to complete out an application form: completing out a users’ online application form, creating a user id/application id and password, transferring a picture, thumb imprint, scanned sign, and documents, choosing an exam city, and paying the test cost.
- After completing and submitting the application, applicants should print the completed application form as well as the transaction id. Safeguard as a record for future reference.
- In the 3rd week of March 2023, a correction window would be available for making modifications to the application form. Applicants should be aware that modifications to their name, email address, test city, or country would not be permitted.
NEET PG application fees for different categories are listed below for candidates’ convenience:
Fees for applications Mode of payment: The application cost may be paid using a debit or credit card.
|Categories||Fee of Exam||GST @ 18%||Total Cost|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||Rs.3250||Rs.585||Rs.3835|
|General/ OBC candidate||Rs.4250||Rs.765||Rs.5015|
In the next part, you will learn about the NEET PG Eligibility Requirements:
General Requirements (for MS, MD, and PG Diploma Programs):
- Qualifications: Applicants should have an MBBS degree or an MCI-approved provisional pass certificate.
- Registration: The applicant should hold a temporary or permanent MBBS registration certificate.
- Internship: Should have undergone a one-year internship prior to June 2023.
General Requirements (Post NBE & MBBS DNB Diploma Courses):
- Eligibility: Applicants should have an MBBS degree from the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Internship: He or she must have undergone a one-year internship prior to June 2023.
- Registration: MBBS degree applicants should have a provisional or permanent registration certificate.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in a DNB program would not be qualified to apply until they have finished the program.
- Those who started the DNB-wide specialization course in January 2019 or after are not eligible for the 2023 session.
In the section beneath, you can find information on the NEET PG test pattern:
- Exam Mode: The NEET PG exam will be administered through computer-based testing (CBT) online.
- Test Sessions: The examination would be taken in a single shift on a single day.
- Exam Language: The test would be administered in English.
- Paper Timeframe: The overall time allotted to finish the paper is 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Question Types: The paper would include MCQs.
- of Questions: The paper would include a total of 200 questions.
- Marking System: Every right answer would get four marks.
- Negative marking: One mark would be removed for each erroneous answer.
NEET PG 2023 Cut-Off
The NEET PG cut-off is the minimum score required for applicants to be admitted to MS and diploma programs. Those who do not meet the NBE’s cutoff level will not be able to get admission. Applicants in various categories will have varying cutoffs. The NEET PG cut-off is 50% for general applicants and 40% for SC/ ST/ OBC students. The cutoff percentile for generic PwD applicants is 45. If the number of eligible applicants is deemed to be inadequate, the NBE would modify the usual cut-off percentile for the NEET PG result.
NEET PG 2023 Counselling
The NBE would disclose the counseling timetable once the results are announced. Applicants whose names appear on the merit list would be eligible to participate in counseling. Registration begins with counseling and concludes with reporting to assigned institutions for document verification. To participate in the counselling round, applicants must first register online. After registering, they would have to complete out the course and college selection forms. Admission would be granted based on the choices made, seat availability, reservations, and other factors.
After being allocated a seat at this institution, aspirants would need to visit the admissions office and provide the necessary documentation in order to complete the admissions procedure.
- Admit Card
- Certificate and class 10th grade sheet (for date of birth)
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Certificate and class 12th grade sheet
- Identity Proof (Driving License/ PAN Card/ Aadhar/ Passport)
- Photocopies of eight passport photos
- Provisional Allotment Letter of Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Disabilities Certificate (if applicable)