NID 2024 Application Form: National Institute of Design is one of the most well known institutes in the field of design. It has total three campuses which are based in Bengaluru, Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad. Every year, NID holds an entrance examination in order to choose eligible students in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes in the field of design. The institute’s authority conducts two-stage competitive test Design Aptitude Test DAT (Prelims) and DAT (Mains) to shortlist students for the design course. The authorities prepares a final merit list after the successful completion of both the tests. The candidates who are qualified in the entrance examination are eligible for admission to National Institute of Design.
After qualifying the tests, candidates are enrolled to the courses of their choice such as M.Des (Master of Design), B.Des (Bachelor of Design) and GDPD (Graduate Diploma Programme in Design). After clearing the entrance exam, qualifying students will be asked to bring along with them the necessary documents to the respective campus of National Institute of Design for verification. Students must make sure that the documents must be produced in the original form.
To get to know more about NID Entrance Exam 2o23 such as Admission Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, Results, Etc. go through the full page below.
NID 2024 Exam Highlights
|Examination Name||National Institute of Design (NID) Entrance Exam|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Exam Type||UG & PG Courses|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Institute of Design|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
NID 2024 Important Dates
|Events||B.Des Exam||M.Des Exam|
|Submission of online application form||October 2023||October 2023|
|Last date of online application form closing||November 2023||November 2023|
|Submission of the application form with late fee||November 2023||November 2023|
|Correction window open from||November 2023||November 2023|
|Admit Card availability for Prelims||December 2023||December 2023|
|NID 2024 Exam Date for Prelims||December 2023||December 2023|
|Result date declaration for Prelims||May 2024||February 2024|
|Rechecking request for DAT Prelims||June 2024||February 2024|
|Admit card availability for Mains||June 2024||June 2024|
|Exam date for Mains||June 2024||June 2024|
|Result date declaration for Mains||July 2024||August 2024|
|Counselling date starting from||Announced later||Announced later|
Fulfill the below mentioned eligibility norms for NID Admission 2024 for both Undergraduate & Post Graduate Courses:
For UG Course:
- The maximum age of the candidates to appear for the entrance test must not be more than 20 years. There will be relaxation in the age limit of three years for the candidates belonging to reserved category.
- Applicants must have passed the 12th board exams or its equivalent examination from any recognized university or board.
For PG Course:
- The maximum age limit of the applicants for PG courses must not exceed 30 years. There will be relaxation in the upper age limit of 3 years for the candidates of reserved category.
- The applicants must possess a qualified bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized college/ institute/ university.
NID 2024 Application Form
- The online registration process for both NID Prelims and Mains Exam will commence very soon.
- Applicants will be able to fill up the complete application form through the authorized web portal of National Institute of Design.
- The online registration involves several steps such as doing basic registration, entering details about the applicant in the form, documents uploading, signature of the applier, payment of the application, and getting a print of the application form.
- We urge the entrants to stay in touch with the official website to get the last date of the form submission. Ensure submit the application form before the due date ends.
- Candidates will also be able to make their form submission after the last date but along with the late application charges.
- In case, appliers want to correct the entered details of the application form, then the authority will also provide the correction facility to them.
- Students must fill in the application form with all the authentic details correctly otherwise the authorities of NID will reject the application.
Entrants can make the payment of the application fee by using demand draft or debit card/ credit card. The demand draft needs to be made in favor of “All India Management Association” payable at New Delhi.
- General and OBC-NCL category candidates need to pay the application fee of Rs. 2000.00 for B.Des, M.Des Course 1 Discipline and GGDPD course and Rs. 4000.00 for M.Des 2 Discipline.
- The fees for M.Des 1 Discipline, SC, ST, ST-PwD, SC-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, OPEN PwD, category is Rs. 1000.00 and Rs.2000.00 for M.Des 2 Discipline.
- Overseas candidates need to make the payment of application fee of Rs. 3,000.00 for B.Des and M.Des 1 Discipline and for M.Des 2 Discipline, the fee is Rs. 6,000.00.
- Entrants must be clarified that the application fee once paid is neither refundable nor transferable
As per the official notification released by National Institute of Design, the NID exam will be conducted within two stages: prelims and mains for both B.Des, M.Des and GDPD. However, depending on the ongoing pandemic situation, the authorities of NID may change the schedules or the structure of the exam pattern.
Go through the table below in order to know the detailed paper pattern of NID Exam for both UG and PG programs:
|NID DAT 2024 Exam||For B.Des & GDPD||For M.Des|
|Mode of Exam||Online||Online|
|No. of Questions||A Section: 64 MCQ
B Section: 3 Subjective Questions
|Section A: 59 MCQ
Section B: 3 Subjective Questions
|No. of Sections||2||2|
|Duration||3 hours||3 hours|
The results will soon be declared after the completion of the exam in the form of PDF file on the official website of National Institute of Design. Participants will be able to access NID Exam Result from the official website by login to www.results.nid.edu., click on the respective result link, enter their roll number and application number and the outcome PDF will be displayed on the screen.