The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is a self-governing institution under the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India. This institution offers various programmes including a Diploma in elementary education (D.El.Ed) for in-service teachers who are untrained and working in any government/ government-aided/ private school. The duration of this course is 18 months. The admission will be provided on the basis of marks gained in the qualifying examination i.e. Class 12th. There will be no entrance examination for the candidate’s selection. The official notification regarding NIOS D.EL.ED 2023 for January 2023 session will be released soon. The entire information related to NIOS D.El.Ed 2023 will be found in this post.
NIOS D.El.Ed 2023 Overview
|Name of the Examination||NIOS Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed)|
|Commonly Known As||NIOS D.El.Ed 2023|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Open Schooling|
|Examination Level||National Level|
|Category||NIOS D.El.Ed – Training for the un-trained in-service Teacher|
|Purpose of Exam||Admissions into NIOS D.EL.ED|
|Selection Process||Entrance Exam|
NIOS D.El.Ed 2023 Important Dates
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||To be announced|
|Last date to submit the application form||To be announced|
|Releasing of the merit list for admission||To be announced|
|Reporting for the candidates for admission||To be announced|
|Commencement of the classes||To be announced|
NIOS Academic Departments
The NIOS Academic Department has the units as given below:
- Open Basic Education (OBE)
- Secondary and Senior Secondary Education
- Capacity Building Cell
- NCOS Secretariat
- COMOSA Secretariat
- Graphic Unit
- Library and Documentation Services
It is crucial for all aspiring candidates to ensure that they are eligible before filling out the application form. The NIOS D.El.Ed 2023 eligibility criteria are as follows:
The applier must be an untrained teacher teaching at a recognized government/ government-aided/ private school. The applicant should have cleared the 10+2 examination from a recognized board of education with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. A relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying marks will be offered to the applicants from SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH categories.
Note: If he/ she fails to obtain 50% marks in the 10+2 level then he/she is eligible to apply for an improvement through NIOS.
There is no upper or lower age limit for admission to NIOS D.El.Ed
NIOS D.El.Ed 2023 Application Process
The NIOS D.El.Ed Application form 2023 will be out online through the official web portal of NIOS. If you are looking to apply, then you must register by providing some of the basic details. Check out the complete details related to the application process:
- The first step of the application form submission is to visit the official website of NIOS and register there.
- At the time of registration, appliers will be asked to provide some of the basic details including a valid email ID, working mobile number, password, etc.
- Once you are registered, then log in by providing login credentials which were generated at the time of registration.
- After logging in, aspirants have to provide their educational, personal and communicational details accurately in NIOS D.El.Ed Application form.
- It is also compulsory to enter all the details accurately in the registration form. Otherwise, the candidature of candidates may get rejected by the officials of NIOS.
- Along with the details, aspirants need to upload scanned copies of their passport size photograph and signature in the stipulated size and format.
- Then, after submitting the application form, candidates have to pay the vital application charges.
- It is recommended that appliers should take a print of the submitted application form and fee receipt for further usage.
|Name of the subject & subject code||Exam Fee|
|501- Elementary Education in India: A sociocultural perspective||Rs. 250/-|
|502- Pedagogic Process in Elementary School||Rs. 250/-|
|503- Learning languages at Elementary Level||Rs. 250/-|
|504- Learning mathematics at Elementary Level||Rs. 250/-|
|505- Learning Environmental Studies at Primary Level||Rs. 250/-|
NIOS D.El.Ed 2023 Selection Process
- Aspirants must note that the officials of NIOS will not commence any entrance exam for admission to NIOS D.El.Ed 2023.
- The selection of the applicants will be purely based on the marks gained by them in the qualifying examination i.e. Class 12th.
- There is less competition for admission to this course. If a candidate satisfies all the eligibility criteria then he/ she can easily get admission to the same.
NIOS D.El.Ed 2023 Result and Merit List
- The selection list of the shortlisted participants for admission will be out on the official website of NIOS.
- Only the names of those candidates will be displayed on the selection list who will submit the application form on or before the last date of NIOS Application Submission.
- The merit list of such candidates will be prepared solely on the basis of scores acquired by the applicant in the qualifying examination.
NIOS D.El.Ed 2023 Counselling Process
- Successfully shortlisted candidates who will get their names on the selection list will be called to participate in the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, candidates will have to undergo all the formalities of admission.
- At the time of the counselling process, aspirants must produce their original documents and requisite certificates for verification.
- The admission will be granted only after the document verification and payment of the admission fees.