Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) conducts a Group-2 examination at the state level for the candidates aspiring to join the civil services of Tamil Nadu state. The aspirants will be shortlisted for various Group-2 Services Interview & Non-Interview posts. It is expected that the official notification for TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2023 will be out by the end of December 2022 by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC). For more comprehensive details about TNPSC Group 2 Recruitment 2023 keep on reading the complete data on this page.
The selection of the candidates for Group 2 & Group 2 A will be made through:
- Group 2 (Interview Posts): Preliminary exam, Main exam (written), and Interview/ Personality Test.
- Group 2A (Non-Interview Posts): Only written test.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 2 Exam|
|Organizing Authority||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|Status of application form||To be released|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Application fees||INR 250/-|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Selection process||Prelims, Mains, and Interview/ Personality Test|
|Language of exam||Tamil and English|
TNSPSC Group 2 Exam 2023 Important Dates
|Official notification release date||December 2022|
|Online application form release date||To be notified|
|The deadline to submit the form||To be notified|
|Last date to apply with late fee||To be notified|
|Admit card issue date||To be notified|
|Prelims examination date||To be notified|
|Prelims examination result||To be notified|
|Mains examination date||To be notified|
|Mains examination result||To be notified|
|Interview/ PI round||To be notified|
|Final result announcement||To be notified|
- Junior Employment Officer (Non- Differently Abled) in Employment and Training:
- Industrial Cooperative Officer in the industrial and Commerce Department:
- Probation Officer in Prison Department:
- Probation Officer in Social Defence Department:
- Assistant Inspector in the Labour Department:
- Special Assistant in the Anti-corruption Department:
- Assistant Section Officer in Department of Law in Secretariat:
- Sub Registrar, Grade-II:
- Municipal Commissioner, Grade-II:
- Assistant Section Officer:
- Assistant Section Officer in the Secretariat Finance Department:
- Senior Inspectors in Dairy Development Department:
- Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies (Department of Registrar of Co-operative Societies):
- Grade II Executive Officer in Town Panchayats Department:
- Supervisor/ Junior Superintendent in Tamil Nadu Business Department/ Agricultural Marketing:
- Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India in order to be eligible for TNPSC 2023.
- They must possess an undergraduate degree in the relevant field from a recognized institute/ university
- The minimum age to apply for the exam is 21 years while the maximum age is 36 years.
|Name of the post||Age Limit|
|Sub Registrar Grade- II||20 years|
|Probation Officer in the Prison Department||22 years|
|The probation officer of the Social Defence Department||26 years|
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2023 Application Process
- First of all visit the official website of TNPSC i.e. www.tnpsc.gov.in.
- On the homepage of the website, you will find the link- ‘TNPSC Application Form’.
- Click on the link and register yourself for the TNPSC Group 2 exam by providing a valid email address and mobile number.
- A registration number will be sent to your registered email ID.
- With the help of the registration number, login and fill out the application form with all personal, educational, and category details.
- Recheck all the entered details carefully before proceeding with the fee payment.
- Pay the necessary TNPSC Application fee using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking methods.
- Submit the application form and take out its copy for additional requirements.
|General and OBC candidates||INR 250/-|
|SC and ST candidates||Exempted|
The Preliminary exam of TNPSC Group 2 2023 will have all multiple choice questions with a duration of 3 hours (90 minutes). The paper carries a total of 300 marks. Candidates need to solve a total of 200 questions on the question paper.
Check the detailed wise exam pattern:
|Subject||Number of questions||Duration||Maximum marks|
|General studies||175 questions||
|Aptitude and Mental Ability test||25 questions|
The Mains exam is a descriptive type question paper and involves two compulsory papers as mentioned below.
The detailed paper pattern is given below:
|Paper||Title||No. of questions||Marks||Total marks|
|Paper 1||Tamil to English translation||2||25||50|
|English to Tamil Translation||2||25||50|
|Paper 2||Precis writing||2||20||40|
|Essay writing on Thirukkural||2||20||40|
|Total marks for Mains Exam||300|
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2023 Results
The TNPSC Group 2 exam results are generally released post a month from the exam conduction. So, the participants can expect the results accordingly. The candidate will be shortlisted for further rounds based on the performance in the Preliminary Examination. All the participants will be able to download their TNPSC Group 2 Result from the official website of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission with the help of their login credentials.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2023 Expected Cutoffs