OICL or Oriental Insurance Company Limited is an Indian insurance company headquartered in New Delhi. It is a PSU (Public Sector Undertaking) responsible for providing financial services. It was formed in 1947 and recently it merged with NICL (National Insurance Company Limited) and UIIC (United India Insurance Company). The ownership of OICL is provided by the Indian Government that makes it one of the toughest exams. The company recruits Agents, Administrative Officers (AO), and Assistants. The official notification regarding the OICL Recruitment 2023 is released through its official website i.e. www.orientalinsurance.org.in.
Here, in this article, we have mentioned the complete details of OICL 2023. Go through the full post to know more about it.
OICL Recruitment 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Examination||The Oriental Insurance Company Limited|
|Known as||OICL 2023|
|Owned by||Indian Government|
|Exam mode||Computer-Based Mode|
|Posts||Medical Officer, Engineers (Automobiles), Legal officers, Accounts, Actuaries, Generalists|
|Total vacancies||To be updated|
|Selection criteria||Prelims, Mains and Interview|
OICL Recruitment 2023 Important Dates
|Official Notification release date||To be announced|
|Online registration begins||To be announced|
|Last date to submit the form||To be announced|
|Preliminary Admit Card||To be announced|
|Preliminary Exam date||To be announced|
|Preliminary Exam Result||To be announced|
|Mains Exam date||To be announced|
|Interview date||To be announced|
|Final Result release date||To be announced|
- Accounts: M.Com/ MBA (Finance)/ ICWAI Exam, Cost and Management Accountant is required.
- Medical Officer: A degree of MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) is required.
- Automobile Engineers: Applicant must have done graduation in Automobile Engineering with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks. 55% for SC/ST candidates should be there.
- Actuary Professional: Candidate must have passed graduation with a minimum of 60% marks + 4 Actuarial tests from IFOA/ IAI.
- Legal Officer: Applicant should have done LLB (Bachelors of Legislative Law) from a recognized educational institute.
- Generalist: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree in any discipline from a recognized institute with a minimum of 60% marks and 55% marks for SC/ST candidates should be there.
Any candidate aged between 21 years to 30 years is eligible to apply.
OICL Recruitment 2023 Application Process
- First of all login to the authorized web page of OICL- www.orientalinsurance.org.in.
- On the homepage of the website, read all the information about the posts and eligibility and download the notification.
- Now in the application form, fill the required details for instance personal detail, academic details, communication detail, etc.
- After filling in the details, upload your scanned copy of the passport size photograph and signature on it and all the other required documents.
- Now pay the requisite application charges as asked in the form via debit card, credit card, and internet banking.
|General/ OBC category||INR 600/-|
|SC/ ST category||INR 100/-|
The exam procedure comprises three stages namely Prelims, Mains, and Interview round. OICL Prelims Exam is qualifying in nature, while mains and interviews are responsible for the final selection of the candidates for the various posts of OICL.
Stages of the Examination:
- Prelims Exam – MCQ Based
- Mains Exam – MCQ + Subjective
- Interview Round
Prelims Exam Pattern:
- Total Questions: 100
- Total Marks: 100
- Duration of exam: 1 hour
- Mode of Examination: Online (Computer-Based Test)
- Sections of Prelims Exams: 3
- Name of Sections: English Language, Logical reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark for every correct answer whereas -1/4 marks of negative marking of every wrong response.
Mains Exam Pattern:
- Total Questions: 200
- Total Marks: 200
- Duration of exam: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Question Type: Objective + Descriptive Questions
- Mode of Examination: Online (Computer-Based Test)
- Sections in Mains Exam: 4 for Generalists and 5 for Specialists
- Name of Sections: Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Professional Knowledge.
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer while -1/4th of negative marking will be there.
|Sections||Marks (Generalists)||Marks (Specialists)|
|Total||200 marks||200 marks|
After the conduction of the Mains examination, qualified candidates will be called to appear for the interview round in which their personality skills and communication skills will be checked. Candidates are advised to report at the proper time to the allotted examination center.
The interview round’s weightage is 20% of the total marks. Consequently, candidates are suggested to prepare themselves for the Interview round to show their practical knowledge along with good communicational skills and confidence.
OICL 2023 Salary (Monthly)
- Administrative Officer: ₹54,000
- Assistant Manager: ₹ 52,500
- Divisional Manager: ₹ 1,11,000
- Branch Manager: ₹ 87,000
- Manager: ₹ 40,000
OICL Recruitment 2023 Result
The OICL 2023 result will be published on the official website of OICL in online mode only, therefore no other mode will be entertained. Candidates can check their results by using their Roll no. and DOB/ Password. The result will be prepared on the premises of marks obtained by the candidate in the OICL mains exam and interview round. The ratio of marks for the OICL Mains exam and Interview Round will be 80:20.