OPSC (Odisha Public Service Commission) is the state-level agency that is the regulating authority for organizing Civil Services Examination in the state of Odisha. The examinations are organized for entry-level appointments to the various civil services of Odisha state. Odisha Public Service Commission conducts the below-jotted examinations:
- Junior Lecturers in O.E.S.
- Odisha Civil Service Examination
- Tourist Officer
- Odisha Judicial Service Examination
- Assistant Section Officer
- Odisha Education Services
- Odisha Municipality Administration Service
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil & Mechanical)
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Electrical)
- Junior Assistant in the Office of OPSC
OPSC 2024 Highlights
|Exam Name||OPSC Combined Competitive Exam|
|Conducting body||Odisha Public Service Commission|
|Exam Type||Recruitment Exam|
|Level of the Exam||State Level|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Stages of Exam||Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Personality Test|
|Official website||Check Here|
OPSC 2024 Important Dates
|Official Notification release||1st week of January 2024|
|Admit card download date||2nd week of February 2024|
|OPSC Exam Date||3rd week of February 2024|
|Announcement of results||To be updated|
- An applying candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The age of the applicant appearing in the exam must be less than 32 years and above 21 years of age (as of 1st January 2024).
- Candidates must have obtained a bachelor’s degree from any recognized University.
- The aspirants should read, write and speak the regional language of his/ her state i.e. Odia.
- It is mandatory to pass in Odia as a Language subject in middle school.
- Students should pass class 8th from a School or Educational Institution recognized by the Government of Odisha.
- He/ she must have cleared a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard organized by the School & Mass Education Department of the Government of Odisha.
- The applicant should have cleared HSC or equivalent exam with Odia as the medium of examination.
OPSC 2024 Application Form
- Go to the official web portal- www.opsc.gov.in.
- From the latest notification section, candidates need to click on the application form link.
- It is advised to the applicants to thoroughly go through the instructions before filling the application form.
- In the registration form, fill up the required details.
- Upload all the needed documents in the given specifications or format while applying.
- After that pay the requisite application fees via the available payment modes.
- Post completing the filling process, review the application form correctly and carefully and submit it.
For these exams, applying candidates need to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable amount of INR 500.
Note- SC/ ST category applicants of Odisha state and persons having 40% disability are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Personality Test
The preliminary exam will include two papers comprising objective type or multiple-choice questions. The duration allotted for each paper is two hours. The Paper I exam takes place in the morning session while the Paper II exam will be held in the afternoon session. Check below the exam pattern for OPSC Preliminary Exam:
|Paper I (General Studies)||200|
|Paper-II (General Studies)||200|
Only the candidates who clear the Preliminary exam will be allowed to appear for the OPSC Mains exam. The Mains exam consists of the following subjects –
- Odia Language
- English Essay
- General Studies Paper I & II
- Two Optional Subjects – Paper I & II (Candidates can opt one)
The detailed exam pattern is given below:
|Odia language (Paper 1)||300|
|English (Paper 2)||300|
|English (Paper 3)||300|
|General Studies 1 (Paper 4)||300|
|General Studies 2 (Paper 5)||300|
|Optional paper (Paper 6, 7, 8, and 9)||1200 (300 each)|
Candidates who successfully qualify for the main examination will be called for the OPSC Personality test which has a weightage of 250 marks. The marks in the interview will be provided considering the mental caliber, intellectual qualities, social traits, candidate’s interest in current affairs, personality, and the candidate’s knowledge of Odisha culture. The marks of the personality test round will be added to the marks secured by each such candidate in the OPSC mains exam. The final merit list will be prepared by the authorities based on the overall marks obtained in Mains as well as the Personality test round.
|Upcoming Entrance Exams in 2024||12th Pass Govt Jobs 2024|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official site to apply for OPSC Civil Services Exam 2024?
Question: What are the stages of selection in Odisha Civil Services?
Ans. The selection follows the Preliminary and Mains examination and Personal Test rounds.
Question: What is the application fee for the candidates to apply for Odisha Public Service Commission?
Ans. Candidates need to pay Rs. 500/- as the application charges, while SC/ ST and PwD candidates with 40% disability are exempted from paying the applicable charges.
Question: What is the age limit to apply for Odisha Civil Services Exam?
Ans. The age of the candidates appearing in the exam must be less than 32 years and above 21 years of age (as of 1st January 2024).