West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) is the competent authority that organizes WB JELET (Joint Entrance Lateral Entry Test) every year. The entrance test is organized for the candidates who are willing to take admission into the second year of B.Tech/ Pharmacy that is offered by various private and government institutions located in West Bengal state. However, it must be noted that candidates with a second-year Bachelor’s degree in Architecture cannot apply for the WB JELET examination. Candidates will be able to collect the application form via the official website i.e. www.wbjeeb.in. From this article, candidates can get complete information related to WB JELET 2024.
WB JELET 2024 Overview
|Name of the examination||WB JELET|
|Conducting body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB)|
|Courses offered||UG and PG courses|
|Exam Purpose||Admission to Diploma holders into the second year of B.Tech/ Pharmacy is offered by various reputed Government and private institutions located in West Bengal.|
|Level of examination||State Level|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
WB JELET 2024 Important Dates
|Online Application Commencement||1st week of April 2024|
|Application Last Date||1st week of May 2024|
|Correction Window for Application||2nd week of May 2024|
|Release Date of Admit Card||1st week of June 2024|
|Date of Exam||2nd week of June 2024|
|Result Declaration||July 2024|
- Nationality: The nationality of the applicant must be Indian.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for Diploma holders in Pharmacy/ Engineering/ Technology. However, for the candidates of a B.Sc. degree, the upper age limit is 27 years as of December 31, 2024, and Diploma in Marine Engineering is 25 years.
- Academic Qualification: Candidates have a diploma in B.Tech/ Pharmacy and must have acquired at least 45% marks from any polytechnic institute/ Pharmacy institute recognized by AICTE. Those applicants who hold a B.Sc. degree must have passed the same with 45% marks from a UGC-recognized University. Also, candidates must have studied mathematics as a compulsory subject in class 12th.
WB JELET 2024 Application Process
- Only eligible candidates can apply for JELET.
- They can get the application forms on the official website of the conducting authority i.e. www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Candidates have to fill in the details in the application form very accurately. Consequently, any little mistake in the application form can lead to its rejection.
- While uploading the documents/ certificates in the application form, candidates must ensure to keep the formats in their minds.
- Applicants must submit the form before the last date and pay the fee within the prescribed time to avoid any late fee fine.
- The Application Fee for the candidates applying for JELET is INR 500/- .
- Take out a print of the confirmation page for future references.
- Exam Duration: 120 minutes will be provided for each paper
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice-based questions
- Language: English only
- Total Questions: 100 questions
- Maximum Marks: 100 marks
Course-wise Exam Pattern:
|Name of Qualifying Examination||Topics||Total number of Questions|
|Diploma in Pharmacy||Pharmacy||100|
|Diploma in Agricultural Engineering||Food Processes and Food Harvesting Engineering||10|
|Farm Machinery and Power||10|
|Soil & Water||10|
|Diploma in Printing Technology||Printer’s materials Science||15|
|Basic printing Engineering||15|
|Diploma in Engineering/ Technology (excluding Printing Technology and Agricultural Engineering)||Strength of Materials||15|
|Diploma in Engineering and Technology (Mandatory)||Environmental Engineering||15|
WB JELET 2024 Results
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) is accountable for releasing the result for JELET on its official website. It will be made available in the form of a rank card after the test is conducted. The JELET result contains some important details such as the total marks obtained by the candidates, their rank, section-wise marks obtained by them, etc. After the announcement of the results for the JELET exam, the candidates can use their registered email address and password to download their rank card via the official website. It must be noted that they can only access their result from the official website. To clarify, no result/ rank card will be sent to the candidates in person by the authorities of WB JELET.
|West Bengal GNM/ANM Admission 2024||NTSE West Bengal 2024|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official web portal to apply for WB JELET?
Ans. The official website to apply for JELET is www.wbjeeb.nic.in.
Question: What is the application fee for the candidates to apply for JELET?
Ans. All the eligible applicants need to pay Rs. 500 as the application fee.
Question: Which authority conducts WB JELET?
Ans. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB).