Sikkim Public Service Commission (SPSC) conducts a common recruitment entrance exam. The body started functioning from the year 1982. To take up this exam, candidates need to hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute. By qualifying this exam, candidates will be recruited in the Sikkim state’s various administrative agencies. SPSC Recruitment process involves three phases namely Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam and Interview. The examination schedule for Sikkim PSC will soon be made available on the official website of Sikkim PSC i.e. www.spscskm.gov.in. However, it is expected that the complete examination schedule will be published by the month of July 2023. To get more such details related to SPSC 2023, check out this complete piece of article.
SPSC 2023 Highlights
|Exam name||Sikkim Public Service Commission(SPSC)|
|Location of job||Sikkim|
|Exam level||State level|
SPSC 2023 Important Dates
|Official notice release on||To be notified|
|Last date of submission of form||To be notified|
|Admit card issue date||To be notified|
|Prelims exam date||To be notified|
|Prelims exam result||To be notified|
|Mains exam application form release date||To be notified|
|Mains exam||To be notified|
SPSC 2023 Posts
- Deputy Collector
- Commercial Tax Officer
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Head Master & Principal
- Prosthetic and Orthotic Engineer
- Graduate Teachers (Humanities, Biology & Mathematics)
- Assistant Geologist
- Graduate Teachers and Post Graduate Teachers
- Account Officers
- Post Graduate Teachers
- Senior Information Assistant
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
- The candidate must be a citizen of India in order to apply for Sikkim PSC 2023.
- The candidate must hold a degree of graduation from some recognized university by the government of India.
- The age accepted by the authority is a minimum of 21 years and a maximum of 35 years
- SC/ ST/ PwD category applicants will get age relaxation of 5 years and OBC will get relaxation for 3 years.
- General category candidates will get a chance of 4 attempts, while SC/ST candidates will get an ‘N’ number of times, and the OBC category will get 7 attempts for Sikkim PSC 2023.
SPSC 2023 Application Form
- Go to the official website of Sikkim Public Service Commission and click on the “Apply Online” tab.
- Get yourself registered by providing your relevant email address and password and now you will find an application form
- Fill in all the essential details including educational and personal care and apply.
- Upload the documents i.e. photograph and scanned signature in the format asked for in the form.
- Make a payment of the application fee via preferred payment modes and verify the details.
- Submit the form and you will get the acknowledgment of the submitted application number that should be kept safe till the further recruitment process.
The application fee will be Rs 150 for all the applicants and it can be made via any of the modes such as net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
- It includes two papers, both will be objective types and prelims are qualifying in nature.
- It will have two papers for General Studies which will be for 200 marks each and the duration will be 2 hours each.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/3rd marks for selecting an incorrect answer.
|Paper||Subject||Duration of Exam||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1||General Studies 1||2 hrs||200 marks|
|Paper 2||General Studies 2||2 hrs||200 marks|
|Total||–||4 hrs||400 marks|
- The main examination will have a total of 3 papers for 200 marks.
- All three papers will be subjective and descriptive in nature.
- Paper -1 involves questions from General Awareness, Paper 2 will have questions from General Studies, and Paper 3 will be based on optional subjects.
- The marks scored in the main exam will be calculated/ considered for the final list while preparing the rank of the participants.
- Marks gained in Mains and Interview rounds will be counted while preparing the final list of the contenders.
|Paper- I English||100|
|Paper- III Essay||150|
|Paper- IV General Studies Paper- I (History, Geography)||250|
|Paper- V General Studies Paper-II (Indian Polity, Constitution)||250|
|Paper- VI General Studies Paper – III (Economy, Statistics, Security)||250|
|Paper VII – General Studies Paper – IV (Science and Technology, Environment and Decision Making)||250|
The Interview will be the final stage of the Sikkim PSC examination. Only those candidates who qualify on the basis of their performance in the main test and who meet the eligibility criteria will be shortlisted for getting interviewed. The names of qualified candidates will be mentioned in order of merit based on their total marks in the main written exam and the interview round.
SPSC 2023 Result
The result of prelims, mains, and personality tests for Sikkim PSC 2023 will be issued separately. Candidates can check their results online at the official web page of Sikkim PSC. It must be noted that the results will be accessible in pdf format, with a list containing candidates’ roll numbers and names who passed the preliminary exam.
SPSC 2023 Recruitment Salary and Other Perks
Candidates that make it to the recruitment of Sikkim PSC 202 and are hired by the Sikkim Public Service Commission will be eligible for a variety of benefits as mentioned below:
- The basic income ranges from INR 15,000 to INR 39,000, including INR 6000 in supplementary pay.
- Salary is also determined by the recruitment location and position.