TS EdCET (Telangana State Education Common Admission Test) is a state-level exam that is organized every year for candidates who wish to pursue B.Ed. course in the top institutions of Telangana. The entrance exam of TS EDCET is regulated by the Osmania University on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). Through this entrance test, interested students will get admission into B.Ed. program in Telangana state colleges/ universities.
Candidates who are willing to take up this course must apply for TS EDCET online after checking the eligibility criteria. The schedule is provided on the official website too. Therefore, students who are going to appear for this TS EDCET need to check this complete article. Full details of TS EDCET are given in the post.
TS EDCET 2023 Highlights
|Name of the examination||Telangana State Education Common Admission Test|
|Conducting body||Osmania University|
|Abbreviated as||TS EdCET|
|Level of examination||State Level|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
TS EDCET Admission 2023 Important Dates
|TS EDCET official notification||1st week of April 2023|
|Online registration starts from||2nd week of April 2023|
|Last date of form submission||2nd week of May 2023|
|Release of admit card||To be updated|
|Entrance exam date||To be updated|
|Answer key publish||To be updated|
|Objections to be raised||To be updated|
|Result declaration date||To be updated|
Candidates who will successfully fulfill the below-provided eligibility requirements can further apply for the test:
- Applicants need to be Indian Nationals in order to be eligible for TS EDCET.
- Candidates should be permanent residents of Telangana, consequently, he/ she must hold a domicile of Telangana state.
- Applicants must complete 19 years of age as of July 1st, 2023.
- Any Bachelors Degree i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Sc. (Home Science), B.Com, BBA, BBM, BCA, or postgraduate degree at least 50% aggregate marks.
- A degree of B.Tech or B.E with Specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks in aggregate.
- Reserved category candidates should have 40% marks.
- Those students who are appearing for the final year degree examination shall also be eligible to appear for the TS EDCET exam.
TS EDCET 2023 Application Form
- First of all, go to the official website i.e. www.edcet.tsche.ac.in.
- Candidates have to start the application process by registering themselves and then filling the form with all the required details.
- It is advised to cross-check the details that candidates have entered, to avoid any mistakes further.
- Uploading of documents is also necessary for the application form.
- After filling in all the requisite details in the application form, candidates have to make the payment through online mode and submit the online application form.
- The form may be rejected in conditions such as:
The form is incomplete.
A candidate fails to fulfill the mentioned eligibility conditions.
False or incorrect may lead to the rejection of the application form.
Application Fee Payment Modes: Online
|General/ OBC category||INR 650/-|
|SC/ ST category||INR 450/-|
|Mode of the Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Total no. of sections||3|
|Question paper format||Objective type|
|Total no. of Questions||150|
|Language of Exam||English, Telugu, and Urdu|
|Name of the Subject||Marks|
|Mathematics, Science, and Social||60|
|GK and Educational Issues||20|
TS EDCET 2023 Result
The conducting body will announce the results in the form of a rank card on their official website. By entering the hall ticket number and date of birth candidates can download their marks card. The marks card will contain the rank of the applicant and marks obtained by them in the entrance test.
Those candidates who will qualify for the exam will be eligible to appear for the counseling process. A total of 25% of qualifying marks for the exam will be there. For regular updates, candidates must visit this page.
|AP PECET||TS PECET|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the official website for TS EDCET?
Ans. The authorized web portal is www.edcet.tsche.ac.in.
Question: Which authority will conduct the TS EDCET?
Ans. The test will be organized by Osmania University on the behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education.
Question: What is the mode of examination of EDCET?
Ans. The mode will be offline (pen and paper-based).
Question: What are the age criteria for EDCET?
Ans. The age of the candidate must be 19 years as of 1st July 2023 to apply for the same.