TS LAWCET is a state-level law entrance exam that is regulated by the Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). Candidates who want to opt for three or five-year law courses in the colleges of Telangana can appear for this examination. Through TS LAWCET, candidates will get admission into various government and private professional law colleges of Telangana State. Consequently, candidates need to go through the eligibility requirements to apply for this test online. With the help of this article, candidates can obtain all the mandatory information related to TS LAWCET 2023. Given below are the complete details of the same.
TS LAWCET 2023 Overview
|Name of the examination||TS LAWCET|
|Full form||Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||Osmania University|
|Courses offered||Law courses|
|Level of examination||State Level|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
TS LAWCET 2023 Important dates
|Online application begins||March 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||March 2023|
|Last date of form submission with late fee of Rs. 500/-||May 2023|
|Last date of form submission with late fee of Rs. 1000/-||May 2023|
|Admit card release date||May 2023|
|Exam date||May 2023|
|Result declaration||June 2023|
|Counseling begins||July 2023|
- Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for TS LAWCET.
- Candidates must possess a domicile certificate of the Telangana state.
Educational Qualification for LLB (3 Years).
- Applicant must have completed graduation from a recognized university/ institution.
- 45% marks are mandatory to apply for the exam. 40% marks for reserved category.
Educational Qualification for LLB (5 Years)
- Participating candidates must have passed the 12th examination from a recognized educational board.
- 45% marks are important to obtain in class 12th exam. 40% marks for reserved category.
TS LAWCET 2023 Application form
- Candidates can obtain the application form from the official website of the TS LAWCET- www.lawcet.tsche.ac.in.
- Fill in the complete application form and submit the filled form before the last date to avoid the late application fine.
- Upload the scanned copy of the signature and photograph in the mentioned format only.
- Candidates who want to correct their mistakes in the application form will be provided the correction facility in the fourth week of April 2023.
- While filling out the application form all the applicants should provide the correct email id and working mobile number.
- All the registered participants will get all the important updates about the LAWCET on their provided mobile number or Email ID.
- There is no need for the applicants to send the hard copy or printed copy of the LAWCET Application Form to the Exam conducting authority.
- Candidates must keep a few copies of the TS LAWCET Application Form safe for future use.
Candidates will have to make the payment of the application fee via UPI/ Net banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card. Those candidates who want to pay the application fee through offline mode can do the same through AP Online Centres/ TS Online Centres.
|General category||INR 800/-|
|Reserved category||INR 500/-|
- Exam Mode: TS LAWCET will be held in online CBT mode.
- No of Questions: Candidates have to answer a total no. of 120 questions in the exam.
- Type of Questions: The exam will have objective-based questions. (MCQ Type).
- Duration of Paper: A duration of 90 minutes will be allotted to complete the exam.
- No of Sections: TS LAWCET will consist of 3 sections.
- Marking Pattern: +1 mark for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: No provision of negative marking will be there in the exam.
|Subjects||Total questions||Total marks|
|General Knowledge & Mental Ability||30||30|
|Aptitude for Study Law||60||60|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: Where can candidates register for TS LAWCET?
Ans. Candidates are required to register online mode by visiting the official website i.e. www.lawcet.tsche.ac.in.
Question: When will the online registration for TS LAWCET 2023 start?
Ans. The online registration will begin on March 2023.
Question: Which is the exam conducting authority of TS LAWCET?
Ans. The Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education is the competent authority that conducts LAWCET.
Question: In which mode, the TS LAWCET application fee can be paid?
Ans. Candidates will have to make the payment of the application fee via UPI/ Net banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card. Those candidates who want to pay the application fee through offline mode can do the same through AP Online Centres/ TS Online Centres.