UKPSC 2023: The Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) is the regulatory body that conducts the recruitment processes for UKPSC every year in the state of Uttarakhand. It recruits eligible candidates for various positions throughout the state of Uttarakhand. The authority administers holds a no. of competitive examinations and conducts the test in order to recruit qualified and eligible people for various government departments.
The department releases a no. of notifications to fill up various positions with skilled and qualified applicants. UKPSC Exam includes two stages – upper subordinate preliminary exams (prelims), and upper subordinate main exams (mains). The aspirants are suggested to refer to the previous year’s question paper to get a detailed idea of the exam pattern. More information about UKPSC 2023 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, the application process, application fee, selection process, exam pattern, results, and more are presented in this post below.
UKPSC 2023 Overview
|Organization Name||Uttarakhand Public Services Commission (UKPSC)|
|Level of exam||State|
|Name of the Exam||UKPSC|
|Notification Dates||Available Soon|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains, and Interview|
|Language||English & Hindi|
UKPSC 2023 Important Dates
|Events||UKPSC Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Release of Official Notification||March 2023|
|Starting for Application Process||March 2023|
|Deadline for Applying Online||March- April 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||To Be Announced|
|Examination Date||July-August 2023|
|Results Announcement||To Be Announced|
The candidates need to satisfy the following basic eligibility requirements to be eligible for the UKPSC examination 2023:
- Applier must be an Indian citizen to be eligible to sit for the exam.
- Age Criteria: The age of the candidates must be 21 years and 41 years respectively in order to be eligible to take the examination.
- Students belonging to the OBC category will get a three-year age relaxation, while for the SC/ST category, five-year age relaxation will be offered.
- Academic Qualifications: Applicants should have passed a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Physical Criteria: One must meet certain physical requirements in order to take up the UKPSC Examination.
- OBC candidates- 3 years
- SC/ST candidates- 5 years
Superintendent of Police
|General||167.7 cm||152 cm|
|ST||160 cm||147 cm|
|Mountain Region Candidates||162.6 cm||147 cm|
Chest (for male candidates):
|General and Others||76.5||81.5|
|ST/ Mountain region Candidates||78.8||83.8|
District Command of Home Guard:
|Category||Height||Chest Normal||Chest Inflated|
|Mountain Region/ ST Candidates||160 cm||84||89|
UKPSC 2023 Application Form
- First of all, go to the official website of UKPSC i.e. www.ukpsc.gov.in.
- Now hit the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- To complete the registration, fill out necessary details such as your name, parents/ guardian details, date of birth, address, personal id, mobile number, email id, SSC, intermediate, graduation details, and other such details.
- Once the registration is successful, the candidate will receive system-generated login credentials on his/ her registered email id/ phone number for further application.
- Use these credentials for login and click on apply now option.
- Provide mandatory details and select the medium of examination and exam center you wish to appear at.
- Attach/ upload your recent passport size photograph, signature, caste category certificate (if any), and other mandatory documents as per the specifications mentioned.
- Pay the required application fees through payment getaways such as debit cards, credit cards, mobile wallets, internet banking, etc.
- After payment of fees, get the hard copy of the application form for any future reference.
|Unreserved (UR)/ OBC / Other state candidates||Rs. 150|
|SC/ ST/ PwBD||Rs. 60|
UKPSC Selection Process
Applicants who successfully submit the applications will have to participate in the selection rounds and acquire passing marks in order to be considered for UKPSC Jobs 2023:
- Written Examination (Prelims and Mains)
- Personal Interview
- Personality Test
- Physical Endurance Test
- Trade Test
- Skill Test
- Physical Standard Test
- Document Verification
- Merit List
The first stage of the UKPSC selection process is the preliminary examination. The UKPSC conducts the prelims exam in various regions of the Uttarakhand state. Prelims hold two papers i.e., General Studies and Aptitude Test. Each paper carries a total no. of 150 marks which need to be solved within 2 hours duration. The UKPSC general aptitude paper is qualifying in nature.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|General Studies||150||150||2 hours|
|General Aptitude||100||150||2 hours|
Only after clearing the prelims exam stage, candidates can appear for the main exam. The main exam involves a total no. of nine traditional descriptive papers. Two papers are just qualifying in nature, while five papers will be from general studies and the other two papers are optional subjects. The main exam is a descriptive type examination. Candidates who clear the main exam will be invited to appear for the Interview Round or Personality Test. All the question papers are set in the English language excluding the language paper (which will be set in the regional language).
|S.No.||Question Paper||Subject||Max Marks||Time|
|2||Paper-II||History of India, Social & Culture, National Movement||200||3 hour|
|3||Paper-III||Indian Polity, Social Justice & International Relations||200||3 hour|
|4||Paper-IV||Geography of India & World||200||3 hour|
|5||Paper-V||Economic & Social Development||200||3 hour|
|6||Paper-VI||General Science & Technology||200||3 hour|
|7||Paper-VII||General Aptitude and Ethics||200||3 hour|
The last stage is the interview/ viva-voice/ personality test. Only candidates who pass both prelims and mains round are called to participate in the UKPSC interview/ personality test. This stage will be of a total of 200 marks. The interview/ personality test round will be conducted in the office of UKPSC. The administration of UKPSC will prepare the final merit list considering the marks obtained by the candidate in the main interviews.
|Uttarakhand Forest Guard Recruitment||12th Pass Govt Jobs|
UKPSC 2023 Results
The UKPSC will announce the results for both the stages of UKPSC i.e. Prelims and Mains soon on its authorized website. The commission will publish the candidate’s scores along with the minimum cutoff marks for qualifying for the exam in different categories. After its release, the candidates can view their results at ukpsc.gov.in by providing their login particulars.