UPCET 2024: UPCET (Uttar Pradesh Combined Entrance Test) will be conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency) for admission to the various professional courses offered by government and private university/institutions that are affiliated to Dr. A.P.J Abdul kalam technical university (AKTU), Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology (MMMUT) and some other universities of Uttar Pradesh state.
UPCET 2024 Important Dates
|Online application process begins||1st week of April 2024|
|Last date to register||4th week of April 2024|
|Corrections to be made in the application form||1st week of May 2024|
|Admit card release date||Available soon|
|UPCET Exam||3rd week of May 2024|
|Exam Centers||61 cities across India|
|Exam mode||Online (cbt)|
|Results Declaration||Available soon|
B.Tech – LE: Candidates should have passed 3/ 4 years diploma exam from any recognized institute/college with 60% marks in aggregate (55% for SC/ ST category candidates).
BBA: Candidates should have cleared 12th from a recognized board with 55% in aggregate (50% for SC/ST category candidates).
B.Pharma: Candidates should have completed 12th from science background with 55% (50% for SC/ST category candidates).
BHMCT/ BFA/BFAD/ MBA (Integrated): 12th passed from any stream with 45% marks (40% for SC/ST category candidates).
MBA/MCA: Bachelor’s degree with 50% (45% for SC/ST category students). For MCA candidates should have mathematics in class 12th or graduation.
MCA- LE: Degree in BCA, BSc IT with 50% (45% for SC/ST category candidates).
B.Pharma – LE: Diploma in Pharmacy is required.
Exam Mode: UPCET will be conducted through online mode (CBT).
Type of questions: The question paper will consist of multiple types of questions (MCQ). Although, the drawing test will be of subjective type.
Time Duration: The time duration will be of 2 or 3 hours.
Marking Scheme: Students will get 4 marks for every correct answer.
Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
|Subjects||Total questions||Total marks|
|Physics, chemistry, mathematics||50 for each section||600|
|Physics, chemistry, biology||50 for each section||600|
|Aptitude Test (Architecture & Design)
Part-A: Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity
Part–B: Drawing Aptitude
|Part- A (100)
Part- B (02)
|Aptitude Test (General Awareness ) (BHMCT/BFAD/ B. Des/BFA/MBA (Integrated)||100||400|
|Aptitude Test (B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering)- Lateral entry and 2nd Year MCA- Lateral entry||100||400|
|Aptitude test (MCA/MBA)||100||400|
|Aptitude Test (Diploma Holders in Pharmacy) – Lateral entry||100||400|
|Aptitude Test (Diploma Holders in Engineering) – Lateral entry||100||400|
UPCET 2024 Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for entrance examination varies from courses to courses, whereas the exam syllabus for B.Pharm and pg level courses is listed below:
For B. Pharma, the syllabus will include topics from Physics, Biology, and Chemistry subjects studied in class 12th.
For PG admission into various courses, the syllabus will include topics from the respective graduation subjects.
UPCET 2024 Application form
All the mandatory information regarding the Application form is listed below:
- The application form has been released on the official site via online mode.
- Candidates can fill the application form from 1st week of April 2024.
- Incomplete details in the application form will not be accepted by the authority so candidates are advised to fill all the asked & required details in the application form.
- Along with the submission of the application, form candidates must also attach their scanned passport size photograph & signature.
- Candidates will also get a chance to make corrections in the application form for a limited period of time.
- All important information/updates will be sent to the candidate’s valid mobile number and verified email id.
- Candidates should check the eligibility criteria first before applying.
- At last, candidates must not forget to take a printout of the filled-in application form for future uses.
- The application fee can be paid through online mode.
- Candidates can pay the application fee using a credit card, debit card, or net banking method.
- Candidates belonging to the general category will have to pay Rs.1300/- whereas, application charges for reserved category candidates is Rs. 650/-.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: When will UPCET online registration begin?
Ans. In the 1st week of April 2024.
Question: What is the last date to register for UPCET?
Ans. The last date of submitting the UCET 2024 Application form is last week of April 2024.
Question: What is the mode of entrance examination?
Ans. The mode of entrance examination is online i.e. (Computer-based test).
Question: Is there any negative marking in UPCET 2024?
Ans. No, there will be no negative marking for incorrect responses in UPCET.
Question: What are the application charges for General category candidates?
Ans. The general category candidates will have to pay INR 1300/- as their application fee.