-This is a golden opportunity for all those aspirants who were eagerly waiting for the application forms. Therefore all the candidates are instructed to apply for UPSSSC PET before the deadline of the application form submission. Selected candidates will be appointed for Group C and various other posts. The PET exam date will be announced soon on the official website. To prepare for the entrance test, candidates must have all the knowledge regarding the UPSSSC PET exam pattern and exam syllabus to prepare for the exam accordingly. The syllabus is very necessary to score good marks on the entrance test. Here we have provided you with all the details regarding the UPSSSC PET syllabus 2023 below
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2023 Highlights
|Name of board||Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC)|
|Name of the exam||UPSSSC PET exam 2023|
|Type of exam||Offline|
|Total no. of questions||100|
|Standard of the exam||Secondary/Senior secondary|
UPSSSC PET Exam Pattern
- The exam will be based on objective-type questions and held through written mode.
- There will be 100 questions and 100 marks on the paper.
- Questions will cover topics from- general knowledge and science, Hindi and unread passage-based questions, elementary mathematics, logical ability, analysis of statistics, and graphs.
To get a detailed overview of the UPSSSC PET Exam Pattern, check out the complete table provided below:
|Topics||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Indian National Movement||05||05|
|Indian Constitution and Public Administration||05||05|
|Analysis of 2 unread passage||10||10|
|Table Interpretation Analysis||10||10|
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2023
All the candidates should begin their preparation with the topic-wise syllabus. We have provided you with the detailed syllabus below:
- Order & Ranking
- Blood Relations
- Calendar & Watch
- Coding-Decoding – Numbers and Letters
- Cause & Effect
- Conclusive Reasoning
- Large & Small
- Negative Reasoning – Statement Analysis and Decision
- India’s Neighbors
- Countries, Capitals, and Currencies
- The Indian States & UTs
- Indian Parliament
- National and International Days and their Importance
- World Organization and Headquarters
- Indian-Tourism Destination
- Indian Art & Culture
- Indian & International Sports
- Indian-Research Institutes
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Honors
- Climate Change and Environment
- Antonyms words
- A word or phrase
- Synonym word
- Equivalent words
- Common errors
- Writers & Compositions- Prose & Poetry
- Unseen Passage
- English Grammar
- Questions on Passage
- Basic Physics
- Basic Biology
- National Current Affairs
- International Current Affairs
Indian History & National Movement
- Indus Valley Civilization
- Vedic Culture
- Gupta Dynasty
- Maurya Dynasty
- Rajput period
- Sultanate period
- Mughal Empire
- Legislative Amendment and the British India Act, 1935
- Quit India Movement
- The Rise of British Raj and first freedom struggle
- Social and Economic Impact of the British Raj
- The early years of the Independence Movement
- Swadeshi and Civil Disobedience Movement
- Revolutionary Movement and the Rise of Extremism
- Political Geography of India and the World
- Climate and Weather
- Time Zone
- Population Change and Migration
- Physical Geography of India and the World: Mountains and glaciers, Mineral resources, desert, and dry areas, Groundwater resources, rivers, and its Valleys.
- Economic reforms in 1991 and the economy thereafter
- Post-2014 economic reforms: Structural reforms, Labor reforms, Agricultural reforms, financial improvement, and GST
- Indian-Economy form 1947 to 1991: Green revolution, Milk development and operation flood, Nationalization and bank reforms, planning commission and five-year plans, Development of mixed economy: private and public sector.
Indian Constitution & Public Administration
Indian Constitution: Salient features of the Indian Constitution, Judicial Structure, Supreme Court, High Court, Union Territories, and Union State Relations, Federal System, Parliamentary System, Directive Principles of State Policy, Fundamental Rights and Duties.
Local Bodies and Panchayati Raj Institutions
- Whole Numbers, Fractions, and Decimals
- Simple Arithmetic Equations
- Exponent and Powers
- Square and Square Roots
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2023 FAQs
Q: What are the subjects covered in UPSSSC PET Exam 2023?
A: Questions will be asked from subjects such as General Knowledge, Science, General Hindi & Unseen Passage, Elementary Mathematics, Reasoning, and Figures & Graph.
Q: What is the level of the UPSSSC PET exam?
A: The questions will be based on the intermediate level.
Q: In which mode, UPSSSC PET exam will be held?
A: It will be held in offline mode i.e. written mode.
Q: How many questions will be there in UPSSSC PET 2023?
A: There will be 100 questions.
Q: How many marks will be deducted for a wrong answer?
A: For every wrong answer, 1/4th marks will be subtracted.