The RTE (Right to education) Admissions are conducted for the students that are underprivileged. This programme’s main motive is to encourage the vulnerable sections of students to study in private schools. 25% of the seats are reserved for the financially weaker sections of society. The RTE states that every child that is below 14 years of age has the right to study basic primary education. The government of India is providing compulsory primary education to children below 14 years. Check details for RTE Admission for the upcoming session.
Partners in RTE:
- Central square foundation
- Centre for civil society
- Olive global
RTE Admission 2023-24 Application Form and Dates
RTE Admission’s registration usually begins and ends in the month of March to May every year. Candidates seeking admission in RTE can apply on the given dates as announced by the state government every year.
RTE registrations are held on the official site of the states. Therefore, candidates need to keep an eye on their respective state’s website during the month of March-May.
Documents required for RTE Admission
- Birth certificate of the candidate.
- Parent’s income proof that does not belong to the reserved category (SC/ST).
- Caste Certificate of the candidate.
- Candidates between 6 years to 14 years of age are eligible for RTE Admission.
- 25% of the seats are provided for the financially weaker sections of society.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India to be eligible for RTE Admission 2023-24.
- In the case of state-specific applications, the candidate should have a state-domicile.
- The RTE income category for the poor sections of society is 3.5 lakhs.
RTE Admission 2023-24
Selection in RTE (Right to education) Admissions is based upon the lottery system organized by the government of the specific state. Once the lottery is held, the results will be declared on the official website of RTE.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: What is the basic eligibility for RTE admissions?
A: Parents of the candidate whose income is 3.5 lakhs.
Q: What are the age criteria for RTE Admissions?
A: Children who are in between 6-14 years of age are eligible for RTE Admissions.
Q: Where to apply online for RTE Admissions?
A: Candidates have to apply on state-specific websites.
Q: When does the application for RTE Admission start?
A: The online application for RTE Admission generally starts in the month of March and ends in May.
Q: How many seats are allotted to the students under the RTE Act?
A: 25% of the seats are allotted.