VOCLET 2023: VOCLET (Vocational Lateral Entry Test) is a state-level undergraduate entrance test that is organized every year by the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. The main purpose behind the commencement of the examination is to provide entry to the eligible candidates in diploma courses in electronics, technology, and polytechnic. The application form for the same may likely be released in the first week of March 2023 while the last date for applying may fall in the month of April 2023. The candidates will be able to fill up the application form either online or offline mode. Those who haven’t applied for admission will be able to apply for admission in the second year in various diploma programs in Pharmacy, Architecture, Engineering & Technology, and various other specializations in various government or private polytechnic institutions based in the West Bengal state.
The Examination for the same is scheduled to be held the first week of May 2023. Those candidates who are interested and eligible to get admission to this program; need to clear the entrance examination by the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education.
VOCLET 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||VOCLET|
|Full- form||Vocational Education and Skill Development|
|Exam conducting body||West Bengal State Council of Technical Education|
|Exam Type||Under Graduate|
VOCLET 2023 Important Dates
|Availability of online application form||1st week of March 2023|
|Last date to apply online||1st week of April 2023|
|Deadline to submit the form with late fee||2nd week of April 2023|
|Application correction date||3rd week of April 2023|
|Admit card issue on||2nd week of May 2023|
|Exam date||1st week of May 2023|
|Merit list||To be Updated|
|Result||To be Updated|
|Counseling||To be Updated|
Applicants will only be capable to fill the application form for the VOCLET examination; after ensuring that they meet the certain eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- A candidate who Passed /appeared in class 12th Examination from the West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development (Vocational Education Division) is eligible to apply.
- Entrants must have cleared two years of regular ITI course after high school or equivalent exam.
- In case they are appearing in the qualifying exams are also eligible to apply subject to fulfillment of eligibility conditions.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for this exam.
VOCLET 2023 Application Form
If the candidates have fulfilled all the necessary eligibility requirements, then they can proceed to the application form filling. Candidates who are seeking direct admission in the second year of various diploma courses need to fill up the application form for their registration and follow the guidelines specified below:
- The registration process will be in online mode.
- Candidates will need to visit the official website of the exam conducting authority i.e. West Bengal State Council of Technical Education.
- Information related to VOCLET Eligibility and the rest of the details will be provided on the official web portal.
- Interested candidates should enter their particulars related to personal information, academic information, and communicational details in the application form.
- Furthermore, they will be required to pay the vital application fee through the available payment modes, to avoid any misunderstandings.
- Candidates must keep all the documents ready with them for uploading purposes. The documents include scanned photographs, signature and mark sheets, and many other documents required to fill up the remaining details in the registration form.
|Online application||INR 450/-|
|Online application for female candidates||INR 225/-|
|Offline application||INR 500/-|
|Offline application for female candidates||INR 250/-|
- Language of Question Papers: Both English and Bengali.
- The examination will include two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II.
- I Paper will be on Mathematics while Paper II will be on Chemistry and Physics.
- Each paper will hold a total of 100 questions (Mathematics-20, Chemistry- 20, Physics-20, Computer Science- 20, Mechanics-20) which will be Multiple Choice Questions (Objective type) in nature.
- The duration of both the papers will be 2 hours (from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM) each.
- Each query will carry 1 mark.
- Entrants need to answer the questions in the OMR sheet.
- A negative marking of 0.25 marks will be applicable for each wrong answer, from the marks acquired for correct responses.
- Different Reservations i.e. OBC, PC, SC, ST, etc. will be applicable as per Government Orders.
|Sections||Subjects||No. of questions|
|Section I||Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry||60|
|Section II||Mechanics and Computer||40|
VOCLET 2023 Results
Participants will be able to find their entrance exam results on the authorized webpage of the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. The Result/ Merit List for VOCLET will tentatively be published in September 2023. Those candidates who have participated in the said examination; can see their results online mode by visiting the main portal of the competent authority. To check the result, just simply click on the result link, and the outcome will be displayed in the form of a PDF to the candidates.
We suggest the candidates download the VOCLET Result/ Scorecard for future use. Later on, their documents and total scored marks will be verified through authority, after which they will receive an award letter within 1 year of the declaration of result.