The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board would hold the West Bengal Joint Entrance for Lateral Entry Test probably in June 2023. This test is conducted at the state level to offer admittance to students in the second year of four-year bachelor’s degree programs in engineering, technology, and pharmacy at West Bengal’s universities and colleges. Applicants should read the whole article to learn more regarding WB JELET 2023 Deadlines, Online Application, Eligibility Requirements, Exam Pattern, Curriculum, and other related topics.
WB JELET 2023 Important Dates
|Online Application Commencement||1st week of April 2023|
|Application Last Date||1st week of May 2023|
|Correction Window for Application||2nd week of May 2023|
|Release Date of Admit Card||1st week of June 2023|
|Date of Exam||2nd week of June 2023|
|Result Declaration||July 2023|
Applicants must closely examine the Eligibility Criteria information provided. They must also ensure that they complete the online application after only confirming their eligibility.
- The individual must’ve been a citizen of India.
- Age Restrictions: Diploma holders in Pharmacy, Technology, and Engineering have no upper age cap. Applicants who’ve already completed a B.Sc. have an upper age restriction of 27 years as of December 31, 2023, and applicants who have completed a Diploma in Marine Engineering have an upper age limit of 25 years as of December 31, 2023.
Admissions Criteria include the following:
- Diploma holders: Should have completed a diploma in the appropriate field with a minimum of 45 percent (40 percent for ST/ SC/ PwD applicants) marks.
- For B.Sc. applicants: Should have received at least 45 percent (40 percent for ST/ SC/ PwD aspirants) in their B.Sc degree of any UGC-approved university. They should have completed 10+2 with Mathematics as one of their subjects.
- Diploma holders, and also B.Sc applicants seeking admission to an Engineering and Technology degree program would be qualified for first-year engineering degree programs if there are no vacancies for lateral entry in the second year and they have at least 45 percent (40 percent for ST/ SC/ PwD candidates).
- Diploma holders in pharmacy who want to apply for admission to any Pharmacy degree program in the first year if there are no vacancies for lateral entry in the second year.
WB JELET 2023 Application Form
Applicants should read this section attentively to learn about all of the essential information concerning the Application Form. The details have been provided beneath:
- You have to complete the online application form.
- Candidates should also have a mobile phone number and a separate email address.
- After submitting the form, no modifications to the registration information may be made.
- Additionally, no effort should be made to replicate the program.
- Candidates should not give out their registration details, password, or any sensitive information to anyone.
- You’ll also need to submit a scanned copy of your picture and signature.
- Changes to the online application should be completed within the time frame provided. After then, no adjustments will be permitted.
- In addition, applicants must preserve the confirmation page that they will get after paying the costs in a secure place.
Applicants would be asked to deposit a charge of Rs. 500 as registration fees. Applicants may pay their application fee online using one of the following methods:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
The test pattern includes information such as the number of questions, total marks, and total set of questions, topic names, and subject names, among other things. Read the complete test pattern, which is detailed below:
- There would be 100 Objective Type questions on the question paper.
- The applicant would have two hours to finish the paper.
- A single common paper for all Technology/Engineering disciplines would be introduced. Nevertheless, applicants for Pharmacy and B.Sc shall have their own question paper.
- Based on the qualifying test that the applicant completed, the paper would be divided into various parts.
Course-wise Exam Pattern:
|Name of Qualifying Examination||Topics||Total number of Questions|
|Diploma in Pharmacy||Pharmacy||100|
|Diploma in Agricultural Engineering||Food Processes and Food Harvesting Engineering||10|
|Farm Machinery and Power||10|
|Soil & Water||10|
|Diploma in Printing Technology||Printer’s materials Science||15|
|Basic printing Engineering||15|
|Diploma in Engineering/ Technology (excluding Printing Technology and Agricultural Engineering)||Strength of Materials||15|
|Diploma in Engineering and Technology (Mandatory)||Environmental Engineering||15|
WB JELET 2023 Syllabus
Applicants with a diploma in engineering and technology must study using the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education’s approved diploma curriculum. Consider the following subjects:
- Mathematical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Software
- Engineering of the Environment
- Mechanics of Engineering
- Material Durability
- Printing engineering fundamentals
- Material Science for Printers
- Water and Soil
- Farm Equipment and Power
- Engineering of Food Processes and Food Harvesting
To B.Sc applicants, the syllabus would be taken from the University of Calcutta’s Mathematics passing program.
Applicants with a diploma in pharmacy should study the Pharmacy Council of India’s Diploma level curriculum.
WB JELET 2023: Exam Centre
When filling out the online application, candidates should choose a center for taking the test. Diploma holders in engineering/technology and Diploma holders in pharmacy have different test centers. Exam centers for both are listed below:
Exam center for Diploma holder in Engineering/Technology:
Choose any three test centers from the following list in the order of respective choice:
- Kolkata- Central
- Kolkata-North/Salt Lake
Diploma Holder in Pharmacy
Similarly, choose any three test centers from the following list:
- Kolkata-North/Salt Lake