West Bengal State Eligibility Test is commenced at the state level by West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC). The state eligibility test is organized to appoint eligible candidates for the position of Assistant Professor in universities/ institutions of West Bengal state. Those candidates who have applied before the due date can take part in the entrance examination. On the basis of the eligibility, candidates will be able to apply for the test and appear for the exam. Eligible candidates can download the hall ticket through the official portal of WBCSC. Applicants can collect more information regarding WB SET 2023 from the data mentioned in this page.
16th August 2022: West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) has released the notification for SET (State Eligibility Test) only in West Bengal. The online application process also started, interested candidates can apply till 18th September 2022.
WB SET 2023 Highlights
|Name of the exam
|WB SET 2023
|West Bengal State Eligibility Test
|Type of exam
|State Eligibility Test
|Level of exam
|WBCSC (West Bengal College Service Commission)
|08 January 2023
|Duration of exam
|180 minutes (3 hours)
WB SET 2023 Important Dates
|Application form start date
|16 August 2022
|Last date to submit the form
|18 September 2022
|Availability of admit card
|Date of exam
|08 January 2023
|Answer key release date
|Counseling/ Admission procedure
|To be notified
WB SET Important Links
|Important Instruction to Apply
|WB SET Online Application
Age Limit Criteria:
- No upper age limit is prescribed by the conducting board to appear for WB SET exam 2023.
- Candidates belonging to the General category need to secure a minimum of 55% marks in their Post Graduation Degree such as MA, M.Sc., MCA, M.Tech, M.Com, M.Ed., MBA, etc. from any UGC recognized Universities/Institutions.
- OBC (non-creamy layer)/ SC/ ST/ PWD/EWS (Economically Weaker Section) applicants should acquire at least 50% marks in Master’s degree such as MA, M.Sc., MBA, MCA, M.Tech, M.Com, M.Ed., etc.
- In case applicants are appearing in the final year examination of their post-graduation or waiting for their master’s degree results are also eligible to apply for WB SET.
- Eligible aspirants are urged to appear in the respective subject of their master’s degree only.
WB SET 2023 Application Form
The registration forms for West Bengal State Eligibility Test have been made available from 16th August 2023 and the last date to fill the same was 16th September 2023. Therefore, those candidates who want to be appointed as Assistant Professor in West Bengal state colleges must take up this examination and download their admit cards from the official website. Follow the easy steps specified below in order to know the WB SET application process 2023:
- To begin with the application process, candidates have to visit the official portal of the West Bengal State Eligibility Test conducting department- www.wbcsc.org.in.
- Search for the link “Apply Now” on the homepage and click on the same.
- The application form will appear on the screen and you will have to fill in all the accurate and complete details in the same such as personal, communications, and academic details.
After providing all the correct information, the candidates will receive the notification regarding the confirmation on their registered number of email id.
- It is also necessary for the applicants to attach their scanned copies of documents such as passport photographs and signatures as per the prescribed size and formats.
- At last, candidates need to make the payment of the application charges via online mode or offline mode via e- challan by United Bank of India.
- Submit the application form after cross-checking all the entered details.
|Other backward classes (non-creamy layer)/ EWS candidates
|SC/ ST / PH/ Transgender candidates
- The total no. of two papers will be there in the WB SET 2023 exam.
- The question paper will consist of queries in the form of Objective Based Questions (MCQ).
- Candidates are required to solve 50 questions in Paper 1 within the duration of 60 minutes and 100 questions in Paper 2 within the duration of 120 minutes.
- Paper 1 will hold 100 marks, while paper 2 will hold 200 marks.
|No. of papers
|Total no. of questions
WB SET 2023 Result/ Scorecard
Once the final answer key is uploaded by the authorities of the board on the official website, they will announce the result on their official web page. Candidates who participated in the exam will have to enter their login credentials to know their examination results for WB SET. You have to fill in their hall ticket/ admit card number and date of birth, and then you will be able to download the outcome of the exam. Besides this, the board will not issue any mark sheet to qualified or disqualified participants via post or any offline means.
WB SET 2023 Cut Off
|40% aggregate marks
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ EWS
|35% aggregate marks
|SC/ ST/ Transgender/ PWD
|35% aggregate marks