BAMS Admission 2023: BAMS or Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery Admission is an Ayurveda degree course offered in various universities in India. The duration of the degree course is five and a half years. Admission to this course would be conducted through the NEET-UG exam. Candidates can apply for it by the month of July 2023. However, there are some colleges/ universities that offer admission to this course on the basis of HSC scores only. The entrance examination for the same is regulated by CCH, Ministry of Ayush, Govt. of India. BAMS counseling process will start in September 2023.
Some Top Universities that Accept NEET Scores
- Maulana Azad Medical College
- Lady Hardinge Medical College
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences
- Seth GS Medical College
- VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital
- Government Medical College and Hospital
- Institute of Medical Science, Uttar Pradesh
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
- Banaras Hindu University – [BHU], Varanasi
BAMS Admission 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||BAMS 2023|
|Full form of BAMS||Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine, and Surgery|
|Type of Exam||Under Graduate|
|Courses Offered||UG Courses|
|Organizing Body||Government of Madhya Pradesh|
|Mode of Application||Online|
BAMS Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Online registration begins||July 2023|
|NEET UG Exam date||August 2023|
|Result||To be notified|
|Counseling||To be notified|
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology in 10+2 grade from a recognized board.
- Students who are going to appear in the class 12th board examination are also eligible to fill out the application form.
- The minimum age requirement of 17 years (as of December 31, 2023) is required to be eligible.
- Students must pass 12th with at least 50% marks in PCB subjects.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category must obtain a minimum of 40% in their 12th or equivalent board exam.
BAMS Application Form
- After the release of the application form on the official website, candidates can register themselves online through the official website of the organizing body.
- After registration, candidates will receive a confirmation mail with the login credentials (registration ID and password) of the applicants.
- Applicants have to log in to the official website using those credentials.
- Applicants need to fill out the application form online and attach scanned copies of pictures and signatures.
- After filing the application form, candidates have to upload other required documents too.
- The candidates need to pay the application fee as mentioned on the website by the authorities.
- Once the payment is done the candidates will have to save the confirmation page for future reference.
- The last step is to submit the application form a keep its hard copy safe for use in future rounds.
- The entrance examination will include 2 papers (Paper one & Paper 2).
- The candidates will be provided two hours (120 min) to resolve every paper (a total of 4 hours).
- The BAMS examination question paper will contain objective-type queries.
- Each question will have four options and also the candidates need to choose anyone.
- The candidates will achieve one mark for every correct answer.
- A deduction of 25 marks will be there for every wrong answer.
- Paper one will have queries from physics & chemistry subjects and also paper two will have questions from biotechnology/ botany subjects.
BAMS Admission 2023 Result
The Result will cover the total scores and ranks of the students who are going to appear in the exam. Candidates can download the scorecard only after entering the login details including date of birth and enrollment no.
Students have to bring a printed copy of the result to the exam venue. The aspirants can easily download the result by accessing the official web page of the exam organizing authority.
This merit list comprises the name as per the cut-off applicants got in the exam. By checking the cut-off mark, students have to attend the counseling rounds which will be commenced after the announcement of the Results. The competent authority will release the merit list based on the ranks that the students will be securing in the exam.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is the application mode to apply for BAMS?
Ans. The application mode to apply for BAMS 2023 will be online.
Question: What are some top universities that offer admission to BAMS courses through NEET scores?
Ans. Some top universities are:
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Dr. DY Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
- DY Patil University, Navi Mumbai
- Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
Question: What is the official website to apply for BAMS Exam 2023?
Ans. The official web portal is www.ayush.gov.in.
Question: What are the educational qualifications required for the BAMS course?
Ans. Candidates have to pass 12th with PCB subjects in order to apply for BAMS.