Common Admission to Master’s and Doctoral Programmes Exam, commonly known as CMAFFU is an entrance exam that is conducted by the Farm Universities of Karnataka annually. The main focus behind the conduction of this entrance exam is to provide admission to the eligible candidates into various Post Graduate programs offered by the university. The exam is organized at the university level every year. For admission to master’s degree courses and one subject for doctoral degree courses, candidates will be given a choice to choose a maximum of 2 preferred streams.
By Qualifying for this exam, candidates will get admission to Top Farm Universities such as UAS Shivamogga, UAS Bagalkot, UAS Bangalore, UAS Raichur, and UAS Dharwad. Therefore, those candidates who are looking forward to pursuing PG courses from top Farm Universities, must appear for this exam and apply for it before the last date. Check the complete post to know more about the same.
CMAFFU 2023 Highlights
|Name of the exam||Farm Universities of Karnataka Common Admission to Master’s and Doctoral Programmes Test (CMAFFU)|
|Organizing department||University of Agriculture and Horticulture Science, Shivamogga|
|Admission to||Post Graduate/ Doctoral Programs|
|Exam date||To be announced|
|Duration of exam||75 minutes|
CMAFFU 2023 Important Dates
|Online application process begins from||August 2023|
|Last date to apply||September 2023|
|Admit card release date||October 2023|
|Exam date||October 2023|
|Result declaration||October 2023|
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with at least 6.5 OGPA from any recognized Horticultural/ Agricultural university or deemed university accredited by ICAR. However, in the case of SC/ST candidates, the minimum OGPA should be 6.0.
- The candidate must contain character and conduct certificates issued by the dean of the constituent college.
- The candidate’s graduation must be completed from any ICAR accredited Farm University in Karnataka. Gadinadu/ Horanadu Kannadigas must have a degree from a Horticultural/ Agricultural university or any deemed university accredited by ICAR from the eligible geographical region according to GoK orders.
Eligibility Requirements for In-service candidates:
- Only 3 farm managers under the in-service quota are eligible for admission at UAS Raichur.
Eligibility Requirements for Doctoral Degree Programs:
- Gadinadu/ Horanadu Kannadigas must acquire a master’s degree from Horticulture/ Agricultural university or any deemed Farm University accredited by ICAR from the eligible geographical region according to GoK orders.
- Applicant must hold a Post-graduation degree in the relevant subject or equivalent qualification from Horticulture/ Agricultural University or any deemed university accredited by ICAR.
- The minimum OGPA should be 2.50/4.00 (Trimester system). For SC/ST Candidates the minimum OGPA is 2.00/4.00
- Those participants who have studied under the Trimester system and want admission in doctoral degree programs need to submit their master’s degree.
Eligibility for In-service Candidates:
- Only 10 scientists/ teachers (5 from parent Farm University and 5 from other participating Farm Universities) will be eligible for admission under the service quota for each of the 5 farm universities.
CMAFFU 2023 Application Form
Candidates can obtain the application form online mode only. For admission to the desired program, it is mandatory for all the applicants to fill the application form and submit it before the time to appear in the entrance exam. Contenders will have to choose their preferred stream while filling the application form. However, they will not be allowed to change the preference once it is filled. Apart from this, candidates must ensure to provide their relevant Email Id, Aadhar number, and permanent address for further requirements.
|General Category||Rs. 2000/-|
|SC/ ST category||Rs. 1000/-|
The examination pattern for CMAFFU Karnataka 2023 is mentioned below:
- The entrance exam will strictly be organized in pen and paper-based tests (offline mode).
- Total duration of 75 minutes will be provided to the participants to solve the entire paper of the entrance exam.
- However, the question paper will only consist of objective-type multiple-choice questions (MCQ).
- A total no. of 100 questions will be there in the CMAFFU entrance exam 2023.
CMAFFU 2023 Exam Result
The examination result will be released via online mode. Applicants can check the result via the official website by entering their login credentials. The exam conducting authority will prepare a merit list on the basis of the marks of the candidates who appeared in the entrance examination. The merit list will also be released via the official portal only.
Mode of Admission
Two merit lists will be prepared for the candidates who appear in entrance exam:
First Merit List for General Category Candidates
- 50 percent weightage will be given to the candidate’s performance in the qualifying degree.
- The remaining 50 percent weightage will be for the candidate’s performance in the Entrance Examination
Second Merit List for Special Category Applicants
- 25 % of the seats are reserved for wards of Ex-servicemen (EXS) and Defense Personnel (DEF).
- 5 % of the seats are reserved for PH category/ differently-abled.
CMAFFU 2023 Counselling Procedure
- The counseling process will commence after the result declaration.
- Candidates shortlisted based on the CMAFFU merit list will have to physically report to the University for counseling.
- Finalized candidates will be able to check the timings mentioned in the counseling call letter.
- The authority will allow the seats on the grounds of the ranking of the participants.
- Once the fee is paid by the candidate, his/ her admission will be approved and the interim letter will be given to them after that.