Karnataka PGCET shortened for Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test. The examination cell of Karnataka University is responsible for conducting this exam annually. Those candidates seeking admission in various post-graduate courses such as M.Arch/ M.Tech/ ME/ MCA/ MBA, etc. can apply for this exam. Shortlisted candidates will get admission to various top-ranked govt. and private colleges of Karnataka state. The application process for the same will begin in the 3rd week of May 2023. Therefore, the exam is scheduled for the first week of July 2023. Those candidates who hold a valid GATE score, then such candidates need not sit in the entrance exam to get admission to M.E/ M.Tech courses. Qualified candidates will get admission to the top-ranked colleges of Karnataka state. Those candidates who want to know the complete details of Karnataka PGCET 2023, can check out the complete post below:
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||Karnataka PGCET|
|Full form||Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test|
|Exam conducting authority||Karnataka University Examination Cell|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Selection Process||Entrance Based|
|Admission into||M.Arch/ M.Tech/ ME/ MCA/ MBA etc.|
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Important Dates
|Application form releases||3rd week of May 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of June 2023|
|Release of admit card||4th week of June 2023|
|Entrance exam||1st week of July 2023|
|Result declaration||3rd week of August 2023|
|Counseling begins||1st week of September 2023|
M.Arch/ M.Tech/ M.E Course:
- Educational Qualification: A bachelor’s degree in B.Tech/ M. Sc or equivalent from a recognized university is required.
- Marks: Applicants must have scored at least 50% marks (45% Marks for ST/ SC/ OBC category) in the bachelor’s degree.
- Scores: Those candidates having a valid score of GATE can apply directly for admission.
- Educational Qualification: Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from any recognized board.
- Marks: Candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category) to be eligible for admission to the MCA course.
- Subjects: Mathematics should be a mandatory subject at the 10+2 level to be eligible for admission.
- Educational Qualification: A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university is required for admission to an MBA course.
- Marks: At least 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category candidates) should be there in the bachelor’s degree.
- Appearing: Those candidates who are appearing in the final semester examination in 2023 can also apply for admission.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Application Form
Before proceeding with the application form, follow the guidelines and steps mentioned below:
- The Application Form will be available from the 3rd week of May 2023 in online mode via the official website.
- All the information must be filled in very carefully in the application form as there won’t be any correction facility further.
- It must be noted that the application form will be released for eligible candidates only, so candidates are advised to check their eligibility before applying for the examination.
- The information filled by candidates in the application form must be true; therefore any false details can cause rejection of the application form.
- Candidates must make sure to submit the application form before the 1st week of June 2023 as no application form will be accepted by the concerned authority after the prescribed date of submission.
- Applicants should not forget to take a printout of the filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
The application charges can be submitted via both offline and online modes.
|General candidates||Rs. 650/-|
|Reserved candidates||Rs. 500/-|
- Mode of Exam: The examination will be commenced in pen and paper mode only.
- Duration: A total of 2 hours & 30 minutes will be provided to the participants for solving the question paper.
- Medium: The language of the examination will be in English only.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will include multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Total Marks: 100 marks for each course will be there
- Marking Pattern: For every correct response, 1 mark will be provided and there won’t be any deduction of marks for incorrect responses.
|Courses||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|ME/ M. Tech/ M.Arch||75||100|
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Answer Key
The Karnataka PGCET Answer key will comprise all correct answers to every asked question in the question paper. After a few days of the completion of the exam, the authority will release the answer key for each and every candidate who participated in the exam. The answer key will be made available from the 2nd week of July 2023.
Candidates will be able to download and save the answer key in pdf format. The objection facility will also be offered to the candidates for the answer key. Through this, candidates can raise their objections within the allotted time period.
|LLB Admission 2023||IGNOU MCA Admission 2023|
Karnataka PGCET Result 2023
The result for the Karnataka PGCET is expected to be released in the first week of August 2023. After some days of the examination, the officials of Karnataka PGCET will publish the result on the official website. Candidates can check the same by entering their credentials. The results will contain the names of the candidates who have passed the written exam. Then, the qualified candidates for the entrance test will be invited for the counseling process by the official authorities of the Karnataka PGCET.