DU B.Ed 2023: DU is soon going to start its admission procedure in the month of June. Admission to the B.Ed course will be provided on the basis of the entrance test conducted by the university. The entrance exam is conducted in the month of July. To know the complete details of B.Ed admission 2023 see the full article.
B.Ed Institution under DU
Delhi University offers B.Ed courses in four institutions:
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for women
- Maharishi Valmiki College of Education (MVCE)
- Lady Irwin College (LIC)
- Department of Education (Central Institute of Education – CIE)
DU B.Ed 2023 Schedule
|Online registration begins||2nd week of June 2023|
|Last date of registration||4th week of June 2023|
|Exam date||1st week of July 2023|
|Announcement of result||2nd week of July 2023|
|First admission list||3rd week of July 2023|
|Last date to deposit fee||3rd week of July 2023|
|Commencement of classes||3rd week of July 2023|
The following eligibility criteria need to be completed by the candidates to get admission into the DU B.Ed program.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree and/ or Master’s Degree in Science/ Social Science/ Humanities/ Commerce or any other equivalent qualification with at least 50% marks in aggregate are eligible.
- Those who hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology (BE/ B.Tech) with at least 55% marks in aggregate and specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other equivalent qualification are also eligible for admission.
- Candidates opting for Sociology, Psychology, or Commerce as teaching subjects must have done post-graduation in the respective subject.
- The candidates belonging to the OBC/ PWD category and the Children/ Widows of Armed Personnel, including Para-Military Personnel, killed/ disabled in Action (C/ WAP) will be allowed a concession of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility requirements.
- The minimum requirement for the SC/ ST candidates is that they only have to secure passing marks in their qualifying exam.
- The subject which the candidate selects as his/ her teaching subject must have been studied in the qualifying degree for at least 200 marks and obtained at least 50% marks in this subject.
DU B.Ed 2023 Application Process
Candidates will easily be able to acquire the link to the application form through the official web handle of the University of Delhi. In the application form, aspirants need to input their personal and educational information such as their name, gender, qualifying exam details, category, year of passing, etc. Besides filling out all the details, it is also mandatory for the applicants to upload the scanned images of their passport sized photograph and signature only according to the prescriptions. Additionally, candidates will have to provide their choice of one teaching subject and subject category in the application form. Once all the details are provided and uploading of images is done, candidates may finally submit the application form. After completing all the procedure, it is also essential for the candidates to make the payment of the application fee at the time of submitting the application form. At last, candidates should keep a hard copy of the application form completely submitted and preserve the fee receipt securely for the future requirements.
- The application fee for General/ OBC is 500/-
- The application fee for SC/ ST/ PwD is 250/-
- Exam mode: Offline
- Duration: 2 hours
- No. of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Question paper medium: English and Hindi
- Marking Scheme: Each question will be of 4 marks and there will be negative marking (1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer).
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Subject knowledge at the school level||60||240|
|Reasoning, Teaching Aptitude, and General Awareness||20||80|
|Language Proficiency (in English and Hindi)||20||80|
DU B.Ed Result 2023
DU B.Ed Result will be declared online. The candidates can see their results by visiting the official portal of DU. The merit list will be declared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance examination. Candidates whose names will appear on the merit list will have to proceed with counseling.
List of documents required at the time of admission:
- High School/Secondary School Certificate as proof of date of birth.
- Mark statement or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Provisional Certificate or degree of the qualifying examination passed.
- Valid certificate for seeking reservation.
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended or from any gazetted officer (valid for six months from the date of issue).
- No Objection Certificate from the employer and a letter of sanction of study leave for a period of two years in case a candidate is in service.
|DIET Delhi Admission 2023||DU B.Com 2023|
DU B.Ed Admission 2023 FAQs
Question: When will DU B.Ed admission form be released?
Ans. 2nd week of June 2023.
Question: What is the exam date of DU B.Ed 2023?
Ans. 1st week of July 2023.
Question: How many institutions are there under the DU B.Ed program?
Question: What is the application fee for general category students?
Question: What is the application fee for SC/ST category students?