D.EL.Ed (Diploma in Elementary Education) is a 2-year full-time diploma course to train candidates for teaching at primary level; that includes classes from 1st to 8th. The admission for D.EL.Ed program is done at the state level. However, the admission process for this course differs from state to state. Some state conducts an entrance examination for admission to D.EL.Ed course while some conduct merit-based admission. Those students who have passed 10+2 from a recognized board of education can apply for D.El.Ed Admission 2023.
Additionally, the regular and distance education D.El.Ed programs are similar across the top institutes such as NIOS. The lower age limit to pursue D.El.Ed the course ranges between 17 to 18 years, while the upper age limit can be between 34 to 35 years. In case an untrained teacher who works in upper primary school from Classes 1 to 4 is applying for D.El.Ed the program, then he/ she must have passed secondary qualification or its equivalent from a well-recognized institute with good academic background.
D.El.Ed Admission 2023 Application Dates
|State Entrance Exam||Application Deadline|
|NIOS D.El.Ed Entrance Exam||May 2023|
|Arunachal Pradesh D.El.Ed||August 2023|
|Odisha D.El.Ed Entrance Exam||September 2023|
|Bihar D.El.Ed Entrance Exam||December|
|Uttar Pradesh D.El.Ed Entrance Exam||June 2023|
|Chandigarh D.El.Ed Entrance Exam||May 2023|
|Karnataka D.El.Ed Admission||To be Updated|
D.El.Ed Admission 2023 Entrance Exams Schedule in India
|Entrance Exams||Application date|
|Andhra Pradesh D.El.Ed (DEECET)||April 2023|
|Assam D.El.Ed||March 2023|
|Bihar D.El.Ed||December 2023|
|Chattisgarh D.El.Ed||May 2023|
|Chandigarh D.El.Ed||May 2023|
|Delhi D.El.Ed||July 2023|
|Goa D.El.Ed||To be announced|
|Haryana D.El.Ed||August 2023|
|Jammu & Kashmir D.El.Ed||June 2023|
|Odisha D.El.Ed||September 2023|
|Rajasthan D.El.Ed (BSTC)||June 2023|
|West Bengal D.El.Ed||July 2023|
|NIOS D.El.Ed||May 2023|
- Those candidates who have gained at least 50% marks in aggregate in their class 12th examination are eligible.
- Candidates holding a B.A or B.Sc. degree can also apply.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India to be eligible for admission to D.El.Ed course.
D.El.Ed Admission 2023 Application Process
Application for the D.El.Ed course can only be filled through online mode by visiting the official website of the respective state’s institution. Follow the below-mentioned application procedure:
- Visit the official websites for the respective/ concerned D.El.Ed State Admission.
- Complete the application form by filling in all the details correctly.
- Make the payment of the application fee once the details are provided and documents are uploaded.
- After the successful completion of fee payment, a message will appear confirming the payment of the application fee.
- Once the candidate has made the payment, the application form will be successfully submitted.
- Based on the applications received, the authorities will begin the admission process.
D.EL.Ed Admission Procedure
The admission process for D.El.Ed Program is standard and is followed by all the states. It basically includes five levels that are mentioned below:
Level-1: First of all, candidates need to check their eligibility. If eligible, then apply for admission in the state of your preference.
Level-2: If the candidate’s application is accepted then, the admit card will be issued to them in order to appear for the entrance exam
Level-3: After this candidate has to appear and qualify for the entrance exam. The selection of candidates will be based on the entrance exam score or merit in the last qualifying exam.
Level-4: Later, qualified candidates will be invited for counseling/interview.
Level-5: Final admission in the course will be done on the premises of the candidate’s entrance scores and performance in counseling/interview.
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Amity University
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Pacific University
- Dr. D Y Patil Vidya Pratishthan Society
- Green Valley College of Education
- Mewar University
- Dayalbagh Educational Institute
D.El.Ed Admission 2023 Syllabus
For the syllabus of D.El.Ed Program students are recommended to revise subjects from classes 10 and 12. The D.El.Ed entrance exam will consist of an MCQ-based objective-type test. The syllabus will include topics for instance:
- Mathematics and Numerical Ability
- General Knowledge
- Teaching Abilities
- Language Test (Hindi/ regional language)
D.El.Ed Admission 2023 Scope/ Career
One can have various opportunities after pursuing D.El.Ed program. This includes the following:
- Teaching in Private schools and Public/ Government schools
- Teaching in nursery, daycare centers
- You can become an online educator
- You can teach in coaching centers or give private tuition classes