DU Application Form 2023: The University of Delhi is known to be one of the most renowned and prestigious universities in India to pursue any undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses. Every student’s first preference of university/ college is always DU. The officials of the University release the application form soon on their official website. Eligible candidates can fill up the form before the last date. Students who are looking for pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral courses at the University of Delhi, must apply at their official website.
It must be noted that admission in most undergraduate courses at DU is granted on a merit basis (student’s marks in 12th). However, DUET (Entrance examination) is conducted for a few courses. It is regulated by National Testing Agency.
DU Application Form 2023 Highlights
|Admission Name||Delhi University|
|Admission basis||Merit-Based, DUET is conducted for a few UG courses|
|Courses offered||UG, PG and Doctoral courses|
|Admission managing authority||University of Delhi|
|Application releases on||
DU Application Form 2023 Important Dates
|Events||Important Dates (UG)||Important Dates (PG)|
|Application form release||May 2023||June 2023|
|Last date to submit the form||To be updated||To be updated|
|Admit card for entrance-based examination||–||To be updated|
|Entrance exam date||–||To be updated|
|First cut-off the release for merit-based admission||To be updated||To be updated|
It must be noted that only those students who fulfill the below eligibility norms will be able to fill Application form 2023. Check the same below:
Applicant must be of Indian Nationality.
- B.Tech: Candidates must have passed class 12th or equivalent with 60% in PCM subjects from a recognized board.
- B.A. (Hons.): Students should have cleared 12th with 75% marks in best four subjects and 85% marks separately in English.
- B.Com Honors: Candidates must have studied Mathematics/ Business Mathematics in class 12th.
For PG Programmes:
- M.Tech: Students must hold a B.Tech/ B.E. degree with 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university. There is no such age criteria to apply.
- M.Com: A degree in B.Com or B.A. (Hons.) from a recognized institute is necessary. 50% marks should be there in the degree examination. However, OBC and SC/ ST candidates need to score 45% and 40% marks respectively.
- LLM: Candidates must have studied 3 to 5 years LLB degree with 50%marks from a recognized college. For the reserved category, the minimum qualifying mark is 45%.
DU Application Form 2023
- Candidates can collect the application forms via the official website of the University of Delhi www.du.ac.in.
- All the students must make sure to submit the registration forms before the deadline of submission.
- Firstly, applicants need to register to the official website using their email id, phone number, password, DOB, etc.
- After then, they have to provide their basic info such as personal, and academic details, correspondence address, etc. in the application form.
- They will also be provided with the option to choose their category, sports and ECA category, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of signature, passport size photograph, relevant mark sheets, caste certificate, sports certificate, other categories certificate, etc in the JPG/ JPEG format.
- After that, pay the requisite application fee by net banking, debit card, and credit card.
- Verify all the info in the application form before the final submission.
- Lastly, submit the form and take out multiple prints of the submission page for future references.
- For all the other important updates, applicants should keep track of the official website of Delhi University. After the completion of the application process, the officials of DU will release the merit list/cut-off/ result for the registered applicants.
|Category||Application Fee (UG – Merit Based)||Application Fee (UG- Merit Based)|
|UR/ OBC||INR 250/-||INR 750/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||INR 100/-||INR 300/-|
Previous year Cut off for Hansraj College
- BA (Hons) English – 98
- BSc Mathematics – 96.75
- BSc Physics – 98.33
- B.Com (Hons) – 99.25
- BA Hindi – 90
- BSc Chemistry – 97
- BSc Geology – 97.66
|DU Cut Off List 2023|
DU Application Form 2023 FAQs
Question: What is the academic qualification required for DU B.A. Hons Admission?
Ans. Candidates should pass 12th with 75% marks in the best four subjects and 85% marks separately in English.
Question: What is the official website for the University of Delhi?
Ans. The official website of the University of Delhi is www.du.ac.in.
Question: What is the admission process for Admission at Delhi University?
Ans. The admission to UG and PG programs at DU will be based on their marks in the qualifying exam. The officials of DU will release cut-off marks for the registered applicants. However, for a few courses, the university conducts the entrance examination. Candidates, who will clear the cut-off and qualify for the entrance examination, will be eligible for admission at DU.
Question: Is there any offline mode to apply for admission at DU?
Ans. No, to apply for admission candidates have to submit the application form through online mode only. There will be no offline medium for the same.
Question: When will DU Application Form be released for UG Courses?
Ans. The DU Application Form will be available in the month of May 2023.